PDA

View Full Version : How do I stop sim placing its markings over custom skins ?

BOBC
01-07-2015, 12:15 AM
Hi,
in FMB I have unticked markings box for both tab #1 and #2, tab #1 is player plane ticked. I have selected a custom jpg skin (CptFarrel) from the drop down list , having selected Me109E3 as its in the Me109E3 folder, fly the sim and get << over the aircrafts number, crosses over crosses etc.

I have installed the jpg to the skins folder and into Me109E3 in the games directory on my D drive. thats where I get to see the other jpgs that feature in the drop down list.

( I have installed to D and not C, as can be done)

I initially tried for the C:\user address and the folder suffix MOD which is created when TF mods are installed but doing so didnt see the jpg appear in the FMB list.

What are the exact steps to follow for choice of custom skin and stopping sim from applying its own markings over the custom skin ?

BOBC

theOden
01-09-2015, 10:16 PM
For your plane the ME settings are overruled by "Player Plane" settings (just before you press Fly) and only AI planes will use you ME settings.
(goes for TailNo. and SerialNo. too)

BOBC
01-11-2015, 03:07 PM
Hi, Thanks.
I wish there was a way of getting also my pilot in flying kit into the AI aircraft, headphones and no helmet, goggles or oxy mask are crazy wrong.
BOBC