PDA

View Full Version : King's Bounty: Dark Side. Hardware. Will my computer run it?

Repatilian
09-06-2014, 10:33 AM
Hello,

I have a question regarding my computer running King's Bounty: Dark Side with playability. I want to buy the game, but I'm not sure my computer will run the game with playable gameplay. My computer falls under the minimum requirements on Steam. I'm only asking this question because I have Neverwinter Night: Tyranny and my computer play's it pretty well, and my computer falls under the minimum requirements on Steam. I have a decent internet connection, cable. It downloads at about 700kb/s. I also can play Diablo III on low settings, but playable. I can also play Royal Quest really well and my computer falls below the GHz requirements, and the video is pretty good with it.

My computer specs are Intel Celeron Dual-Core 1.5Ghz processor 1007U x64 based. 4 GB's RAM. 64-Bit Windows 8.1. Intel HD Graphics. My computer is a laptop and two months old, ASUS. It was a 390 dollar computer.

I can adjust resolutions and am willing too.

Sound is not a big concern, I could turn sound settings to lowest.

I want to know, with all this info of other game's running ok to really well, and my computer falling below requirements on Steam, if my computer would be able to play King's Bounty.

Thank you very much. I really appreciate it. Everyone have a great week.

Shane

MattCaspermeyer
09-07-2014, 01:40 AM
Have you played any of the previous King's Bounty games on your laptop?

If not, you can try the King's Bounty - The Legend demo by going to this page (http://www.1cpublishing.eu/game/king-s-bounty-the-legend) and see how that plays.

I'd set everything to minimum at first and then increase it if it isn't too slow.

If The Legend doesn't play well at minimum settings then you'll probably have a problem with Dark Side as well; however, if it plays okay, then you can give Dark Side a try since I'm pretty sure the same game engine has been used for 6 years now.

For reference I have a Quad-Core Q9550 2.83GHz with 8GB RAM. I've had this computer for 6 years now and I've only upgraded the video card twice and am now running it with an NVidia GeForce GTX 660 and it does great at maximum settings with all the King's Bounty games!

Good luck! :)

/C\/C\