PDA

View Full Version : Brand new airfield

BB-Rayner
09-01-2014, 05:51 PM
I have just spent about four hours building an airfield in Norway. I found a picturesque fiord with a nice flat piece of land by the waters edge and laid out my runways. Then I added all the furniture , static aircraft, trucks etc

Naturally I made this new field my home base. But when I went into my dogfight missions and loaded the mission the field and home base didn't show up on the map.

What have I done wrong?

Also, when building new missions how do I get a siren to sound when the field is under attack?

KG26_Alpha
09-01-2014, 07:36 PM
I have just spent about four hours building an airfield in Norway. I found a picturesque fiord with a nice flat piece of land by the waters edge and laid out my runways. Then I added all the furniture , static aircraft, trucks etc

Naturally I made this new field my home base. But when I went into my dogfight missions and loaded the mission the field and home base didn't show up on the map.

What have I done wrong?

Also, when building new missions how do I get a siren to sound when the field is under attack?

Make sure you have saved the "new" map in the correct directory.

The siren when set red for red team blue for blue team and placed on an airfield
will sound when enemy aircraft are @3-4km depending on terrain etc.

BB-Rayner
09-02-2014, 04:12 PM
Thanks for your reply.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by saving the "new" map in the correct directory. Because I've added a field does that mean the the map itself must be saved in the maps folder? I just saved the entire mission in the dogfights folder.

Is there a "save map only" option?