PDA

View Full Version : ClOD Future?

WhiskeyWhiskey
09-01-2014, 05:17 PM
Hey,

Does anyone know if there is going to be any real future development of ClOD, or is what we have now all there will ever be, with the exception of patches?

More specifically, I mean, the expansion of new flyable aircraft of the U.S. inventory?

Continu0
09-02-2014, 10:34 AM
Hi

Team Fusion is modding the game and plans to add more aircraft, ground objects, maps, etc.

Please check out: www.theairtacticalassaultgroup.com for more. You will also find their curent mods and patches there!

Cheers!

Art-J
09-03-2014, 08:50 PM
If there are enough talented modders joining in and helping out Team Fusion with their work on the sim, there will be further development. If there aren't, there won't be. That's pretty much it. TF wants to expand CloD, but, as it is with unofficial modding of any game, manpower is always a major limitation.

WhiskeyWhiskey
09-15-2014, 06:13 PM
I look on the other web sight, and I didn't see any discussion on future aircraft, or any efforts. Did I not look in the right place?

Its so annoying how much ClOD screwed everything up with all its potential that was not realized.

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
09-15-2014, 06:17 PM
Hi WhiskeyWhiskey; see this article from a few months ago;http://www.simhq.com/air-combat/team-fusion-mod-4-31.html

Down the bottom, under "What’s next for Team Fusion?" it states;

"Team Fusion has let slip that future directions include a true Mediterranean theatre map and landscape textures, new flyables (in the first instance AI aircraft made flyable, with their own cockpits, like the Wellington and Beaufighter), and new objects such as heavy naval cruisers, submarines, and aircraft carriers."

So yes, it would appear that they are working on new aircraft (and a new theatre), if that article is correct.

SlipBall
09-15-2014, 08:24 PM
Its so annoying how much ClOD screwed everything up with all its potential that was not realized.

Everything would have been fixed over time, if Oleg had stayed with it...its still a great game even with the missing pieces missing , I enjoy it

WhiskeyWhiskey
09-23-2014, 04:36 PM
So yes, it would appear that they are working on new aircraft (and a new theatre), if that article is correct.

I don't know, the fact that the information on this question is so limited seems to indicate that IL2 S will be the only fully realized flight sim for a while.

I half expected to be blasted here for asking this question, but only a few people in the entire world responded.

I was excited about Battle of Stalingrad, until I realized the scope is even more limited than CoD down to just one battle as an "era".

LBR=H.Ostermann
09-23-2014, 05:02 PM
S!

For the Next TF 5.0 we can expect a new theather, new sounds, new objects (ships, vehicles) and maybe some new planes. If you really want a better aswer go and ask here:
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93

Continu0
09-23-2014, 09:08 PM
Team Fusion does not share a lot of information for very good reasons, which I will not explain here.

The only reason that only a few people are responding to your question is that you are on the wrong forum. the ATAG-Forum (linked by ostermann) has long ago taken over the position of the #1 Forum for IL2 Cliffs of Dover. This forum here is more or less dead...

92 Sqn. Philstyle (QJ-P)
09-24-2014, 07:11 AM
I don't know, the fact that the information on this question is so limited seems to indicate that IL2 S will be the only fully realized flight sim for a while.

I half expected to be blasted here for asking this question, but only a few people in the entire world responded.

I was excited about Battle of Stalingrad, until I realized the scope is even more limited than CoD down to just one battle as an "era".

Hi mate, the Cliffs of Dover community is very much alive - and the game is being improved all the time. Continu0 is right, that there is a lot of conversation elsewhere on other websites. This is why so few people responded to you here at the 1C forum.

Unfortunately the 1C forums have been almost forgotten by most of the Cliffs players. This is unfortunate, because many Google searches still direct people here, and many from the old IL2 community will come here first too.

I do recommend installing Cliffs of Dover and getting the patches. The game is very cheap on steam. And there is a patch install video (YouTube) here;
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=706568#post706568

Cliffs has many active squadrons too, both RAF and Luftwaffe, if you're looking to team up with other players.

ATAG_Bliss
09-27-2014, 05:49 PM
Hey,

Does anyone know if there is going to be any real future development of ClOD, or is what we have now all there will ever be, with the exception of patches?

More specifically, I mean, the expansion of new flyable aircraft of the U.S. inventory?

Hi Whiskey,

Clod is still alive and kicking, there's roughly 400-500 people at almost all times of day on the ATAG forum, the home of Team Fusion.

Any information you want regarding Cliffs of Dover will be there. It is essentially the new unofficial home for Cliffs of Dover.

Here's a link: http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/index.php

All those links that Phil provided in that video are hosted from and provided by the ATAG Forum. We have plenty of install links and tutorials that actually are from the source and not copied from other people's work.

Richie
10-28-2014, 08:28 AM
I think Cliffs of Dover has a great future thanks to team fusion and a pretty loyal community. With the up coming Mediterranean patch coming along I can see in my minds eye the hustle and bustle that will be going on on the ATAG server. Not only Battle of France and Battle of Britain but maybe Benghazi, Tobruk Malta or what ever they choose to do it should be fantastic. As far as US inventory P-40s played a huge part in the North African desert.