PDA

View Full Version : Fueltank selection for the bf110

bluecher
05-13-2011, 10:57 PM
I think I’ve found a minor bug in the bf110:
when setting the fueltank-selector to the fueltanks front/left or back/right the designated tank will be emptied, but when selecting the fueltank front/right actually the tank back/left will be emptied and vice versa.

Don’t know if it was already posted…

Horrido!

Blackdog_kt
05-14-2011, 02:26 AM
You mean the fuel selector valve position is not consistent with the on-screen messages from the interface and the fuel gauge display? If that's what you mean i can confirm it, they don't match for me either.

RE77ACTION
05-15-2011, 11:16 AM
Same here. I was just searching where to report.

RE77ACTION
05-15-2011, 11:19 AM
By the way, how do you turn the engines of the 110 off when landed. I always like to park my planes before ending the mission. At the moment I have to select a empty fuel tank and wait till the engines run out of fuel.

bluecher
05-15-2011, 11:29 AM
By the way, how do you turn the engines of the 110 off when landed. I always like to park my planes before ending the mission. At the moment I have to select a empty full tank and wait till the engines run out of full.

Just put the magnetos to zero.

Salute!

RE77ACTION
05-15-2011, 11:49 AM
Just put the magnetos to zero.

Salute!

I wish I could. I can't change the magnetos. <-- Problem solved itself apparently.

Flashman
05-15-2011, 02:27 PM
the fuel gauges are also incorrect in the bf110, they don't match the inteface or lever positions. Typing from my laptop so i can't give you the actual problems but this is an issue.

Blackdog_kt
05-15-2011, 10:41 PM
the fuel gauges are also incorrect in the bf110, they don't match the inteface or lever positions. Typing from my laptop so i can't give you the actual problems but this is an issue.

I think that's what the OP initially reported.
To put it simply, it seems like the on-screen messages for the fuel selector don't match the fuel tanks indicated on the fuel gauge: you move your fuel gauge switch to show the left front tank and it might show empty, but clicking the fuel selector until the on-screen message says the front left tank is active, you see the engines are still running.

I suspect it's just a case of mismatched on-screen messages, since the messages don't seem to match the fuel selector valve positions either. There are two levers on the fuel selector, one for the front and one for the rear tanks.
It seems that each one is configured to select one of each pair of tanks (so, it's one lever for the forward tanks and one for the rear tanks). When a lever is in the middle position, i assume the fuel feed is switched off. When it's on one of the side positions, i guess it draws fuel from the corresponding tank.

So, if the front lever points left and the back lever is in the middle we should be drawing fuel from the front left tank. If the front lever is in the middle and the rear lever is to the right, we should be drawing fuel from the rear right tank. We can't manipulate each lever separately, but clicking on them it cycles through all available positions. However, the on-screen messages don't seem to match what the lever positions indicate, neither what the fuel gauge says.

RE77ACTION
05-18-2011, 07:53 PM
I don't know if it's historically correct but with the current version (1.00.14413) the fuel meter should be set to the values below when matched to the fuel tank selector layout:

1 3
2 4

If this is historically correct than only the issue with the onscreen description in blue remains.

RE77ACTION
05-19-2011, 12:51 PM
First I thought it was fixed with recent patch, but it still isn't. The description in blue follows the following pattern for the fuel meter selector:

1 2
3 4

However, the fuel meter selector follows the following pattern when held against the fuel tank selector:

1 3
2 4

The later is what you need to follow when setting the fuel meter selector. Just ignore the descriptions in blue for now. I don't know which of the two is historically correct, but or the descriptions or the selection order needs to be changed and maybe even both.