PDA

View Full Version : FMB - AI type & AI actors (ccp)

MadTommy
05-11-2011, 12:25 PM
Having messed around in the mission builder i have some question regarding the AI section.
You can place 3 types of AI:

Airfield
AntiAir
Ground

To these you can apply 6 AI actors:

airport.cpp
baseAntiAir.cpp
bus_car.cpp
car.cpp
emrg_car.cpp
powerOn.cpp

Can anyone shed light on these elements?

I have got the searchlights working via the "Select Object 'anti-aircraft', set a radius to it to hit the spotlight this radius and the script powerOn.cpp," method.

But i'd love to get better understand of what these scripts / AI stuff does beyond turning on searchlights.

Thanks for any help! :)

Ataros
05-11-2011, 12:47 PM
Antiair AI is needed for searchlights to operate.

car.cpp forces a car (maybe convoy) to travel from end to end of a spline road indefinitely.

airport.cpp is used for airfield traffic (ammo carriers, etc.)

They all are used in campaign missions I think. If you open campaign missions with FMB you will see how they are used.

MadTommy
05-11-2011, 01:15 PM

So is it possible to rearm & refuel when you land if this is setup right?

Do you know how this is done?

(i'll look through he campaign missions to see what i can figure out)

Ataros
05-11-2011, 01:25 PM
So is it possible to rearm & refuel when you land if this is setup right?

I think you need to write a specific script to rearm and refuel.

airport.cpp only drives small airport vehicles around for immersion.

MadTommy
05-12-2011, 06:39 AM
Such a script would be excellent!

I'm struggling to gleam this info from the campaign missions.. still quite a few to look at though. Anyone else got any insight into the use of these ccp scripts / actors. (if there indeed scripts)

Groundhog
05-12-2011, 06:48 AM
Where can I find the campaign missions?

thanks

GH

MadTommy
05-12-2011, 06:52 AM
Where can I find the campaign missions?

thanks

GH

In the game root directory..
steamapps\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts\bob\mission\campaign

MadTommy
05-13-2011, 08:49 AM
Ok.. i've been testing these without much success.

Ive worked out "car.ccp".. it makes vehicles & convoys follow spine roads in a continuous loop

PowerOn turns on generators which makes searchlights work.

Apart from these i've had no joy. I've been trying to make flak more effective with sound locators & predictors neither seem to have any affect, with & without AntiAir AI and baseAntiAir.ccp.
( i made a large AAA group of mixed types.. with all sorts of aids and had a 109 circle them.. totally ineffective)

I have no idea what baseAntiAir.ccp, bus_car.ccp, emrg_car.ccp do.. anyhelp would be much appreciated.

Ataros can you explain this.. i've failed to understand what this does or how it works. Thanks.

Blackdog_kt
05-13-2011, 04:03 PM
I think it just moves vehicles around the base for immersion and creating an environment that feels more "alive", kind of the way it happens in the stock campaign missions.

I'm not entirely sure (haven't tested the FMB much yet), but that's what i understood from the previous post by Ataros.

MadTommy
05-14-2011, 08:12 AM
I've attempted to use it like car.ccp to make airfield support vehicles 'patrol' airfields, but have not managed to make it work. :confused:

I'd love a CloD Dev to give us some brief guide to these elements. There must be some documentation on these somewhere that can be shared here. Just a brief post could shed much clarity.

Ataros
05-14-2011, 12:18 PM
I think it just moves vehicles around the base for immersion and creating an environment that feels more "alive", kind of the way it happens in the stock campaign missions.

I'm not entirely sure (haven't tested the FMB much yet), but that's what i understood from the previous post by Ataros.

My guess is based on some campaign or training mission where I saw a tractor towing 2-3 bomb-carrier trailers with aitport.cpp script iirc.

More guessing:
bus_car.ccp maybe same as car.cpp but with buses stopping at waypoints?
emrg_car.ccp - sends a car to crashlanded plane at an airfield?

salmo
09-15-2012, 09:27 AM
I've been trawling back over some old threads after Luthier's post today (15 Sept 2012) saying they're still working on beta patch for COD, just to see how far we've come. I note with some exasperation that this thread is over 1 year old and STILL no-one seems to know what airport.cpp, bus_car.cpp or emrg_car.cpp do, and no information or proper FMB documentation has been forthcoming from the dev's.