PDA

View Full Version : Damage/collision model

Chazflyz
05-11-2011, 08:55 AM
Seems the Spitfire can dish out the hurt!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkyRY5oGrow

If you want the track, send me a PM.

Blakduk
05-11-2011, 10:18 AM
What you have stumbled on there is the Luftwaffe's prototype self-destruct device that was later fitted to the V1. Bf109 pilots were given very clear directives to stop ramming Spitfires as the aluminium they were made from was recast pots and pans from Eastend housewives- nothing could touch them.....

On a more serious note: I haven't noticed that issue of 109's blowing up while Spits are unscathed. I'll have to note if it always occurs when the 109 touches them from behind- i've collided head on with a 109 and we both lost wings.

drewpee
05-11-2011, 10:40 AM
I get a bit annoyed with booming spits ramming me and taking a wing off from behind then flying past with little damaged in single player dogfight. But still I LOVE THIS GAME:grin:

Blackdog_kt
05-11-2011, 07:32 PM
I've managed to clip controls and flight surfaces off of RAF fighters with a 109, so i don't think it's completely one-sided. It seems to be highly situational and depend a lot on which parts touch, under what angle, speeds, etc.

MB_Avro_UK
05-21-2011, 06:39 PM
I've collided head-on in my Hurricane with a Heinkel bomber. The Heinkel lost an aileron and I exploded.

I hit a Dornier side-on with my Hurricane,and the Hurricane exploded. No damage to the Dornier.

I can post pics if required.

TheEditor
05-25-2011, 08:20 PM
Look ma no tail and still flyable...

Strike
05-25-2011, 08:38 PM
Realistically, I don't think the planes should explode completely on impact. They should carry their momentum and crash through the fuselage of the other plane, if wings get ripped off a large shower of fuel or huge fireball would be expected..

JimmyBlonde
05-26-2011, 08:18 AM
Yuck, good old Il-2 nitro-glycerine physics FTL.

I was hoping that the guys might have taken a leaf out of Rise of Flights' notebook on physics.

Nothing like watching a tiny jeep nudge a B-29 and cause it to spontaneously explode...

I understand that even the best physics engine has weird bugs but this seems a bit primitive for 2011.

wildwillie
05-28-2011, 02:40 AM
Twice this evening flying quick missions I was in a Spitfire closing fast on 110's and hit them with my spit. The 110 exploded on both situations. On one My Spit only had little engine damage, but the other time nothing.

Something seems to be amiss with the collisions.

otaku
05-29-2011, 12:08 AM
Mh yeah this is bugged ..

I experinced the same situation as in the video in a 109 and was not very amused seeing the spit fly away ... while I for my self felt like I hit a mine ..

Chazflyz
05-30-2011, 09:49 PM
What's funny is during the first explosion, I didn't know the 109 exploded until I watched the replay.

Here's another oddball collision, not as extreme as my original post but worth checking out for the developers. Fast forward to 2:00. Now I understand the prop would chew up another aircraft. I think my engine lost about 25% power and the top part of the cowling was missing. Really? No mangled or missing prop? Wing damage? I literally flew through the bomber with minor scratches. Seems the Spit's damage/collision model is lacking. Built like an M1A1!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYMlwFLBi7w

palker4
05-30-2011, 11:13 PM
Yuck, good old Il-2 nitro-glycerine physics FTL.

I was hoping that the guys might have taken a leaf out of Rise of Flights' notebook on physics.

Nothing like watching a tiny jeep nudge a B-29 and cause it to spontaneously explode...

I understand that even the best physics engine has weird bugs but this seems a bit primitive for 2011.

i take it that you have seen my fail compilation on youtube :-P

Ze-Jamz
05-30-2011, 11:46 PM
Mh yeah this is bugged ..

I experinced the same situation as in the video in a 109 and was not very amused seeing the spit fly away ... while I for my self felt like I hit a mine ..

Lol been there mate..

Im sure it in the fix