PDA

View Full Version : full mission builder - objects ?

Pluto
05-10-2011, 07:24 AM
...when are we going to get warships in this sim?
I could not find any warships in the full mission builder, just sailing boats and stuff. Also more trains, there is just one type of train for the british side as far as I could see. And what about different vehicle columns with flakprotection like in the old IL2 ????? To build complex missions with this scarce stock of objects is idle! For the static planes on the ground there are no markings etc.,....etc., ...etc., ...
:???:

bigchump
05-10-2011, 12:00 PM
+1
And, how about a sub-forum for FMB?

FG28_Kodiak
05-10-2011, 02:07 PM
@Pluto
You can make your own columns in FMB just add a AAA to them.

Pluto
05-10-2011, 06:11 PM
@Pluto
You can make your own columns in FMB just add a AAA to them.

how? - the only AA I found was stationary and to be found under the folder "artillery". I could not find any moving vehicles with 20 mm guns like in the old IL2 ? Did I not check well enough ?

By the way, the suggestion to have a missionbuilder subforum is not bad, I guess there would be soon many postings.

Thanks for your answer anyhow.
:)

ATAG_Bliss
05-10-2011, 06:18 PM
We really need an FMB sub-forum, but even more so we need a nice detailed tutorial for all the scripting in missions. Hopefully someone is working on one.

I think once the SDK is out, if not before lol, 3rd party will probably be working on some much needed objects.

Gamekeeper
05-10-2011, 08:53 PM
Often plugged the Airwarfare FMB Knowledge Base (http://airwarfare.com/sow/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&id=16&Itemid=129) limited content so far as few have stepped forward to contribute. It's there, I hope the community make use of it.

FG28_Kodiak
05-10-2011, 09:44 PM
@Pluto
look into tanks

Have made a little sample mission including
[Vehicle.custom_chief68]
Car.Horch_108_Typ_1A_open
Tank.SdKfz_10_5

its a bit tricky you need a editor to copy the Tank.SdKfz_10_5 to the Vehicle..chief in FMB. In FMB you found only the not shooting transit Version under Vehicles so you must make this manually. But then you can save your collection for later use ;)

Use external views to watch the aaa.

Pluto
05-10-2011, 09:55 PM
... thanks for your help.

There is another thing - I put in some searchligts (flak) and turned the time to 22:00 hours. You have a beautiful night but the searchlights dont go on when enemy planes are arround. Nowhere is written how to set those so that they flash up at night. As the editor is quite extensive (once everything in it works) there should be a more detailed kind of read-me or explanation of any kind on how to use everything, for those who take a bit longer to find out, no ?
:oops:

Sokol1
05-10-2011, 11:08 PM
Pluto,

To Searchlight work they need power, so put one Generator near - Searchlight need stay into generator circle. If Generator is "killed" Searchlight is turn off.

If you look in quick mission "German Attack Bridges" you see a train whit a Bofors (stand alone version) over a open wagon.

If you open this mission in FMB and look in 3D mode you dont see the Bofors over wagon, but when play the mission, they are.

Probable some trick do manually editing files.

In .mis file you see "train name" /tow stationary...

So you can put Bofors over Tanker Ship - I just don know how :)

Sokol1

KDN
05-11-2011, 12:34 AM
You can put any AAA on the Stationary ships (or any object for that matter) by typing in their property Z axis box the proper height. You need to play a little to get it just right and use the 3D mode to move them to exact position. For the bow position the height is around 9.0 m and the for the stern on around 8.5 m. Depending on the type of the gun you need to play a few 10th of a meter.

Also they the guns will show up on single mission setups but on multiplayer the height is not read yet, so the AA will be in the hull of those ships.

The moving ships have a different property parameter to set AA on deck

FG28_Kodiak
05-11-2011, 01:50 AM
To Searchlight work they need power, so put one Generator near - Searchlight need stay into generator circle. If Generator is "killed" Searchlight is turn off.

Additional you need a Airdefence AI, so your Searchlight will get active if enemy planes are near.
Sample Mission added.

MadTommy
05-11-2011, 06:45 AM
Keep these example coming very useful..thanks.

Regrading the OP.. it's funny how people see it different. Never playing IL2, when i loaded up the FMB and went thought the objects i was amazed how many there were, i was impressed. I agree, i was surprised by the lack of ships, but overall there are tons of objects that can be added to missions. I just wish there was some guide...

Pluto
05-11-2011, 07:29 AM
AHA !!! - so I need a genarator besides the searchlights to make them work !

Did you find that out by "try and error method" ? Because I could not find anything where it is written to do it that way.
Good hint also for the AA guns on trains.

Anyway, great Info that helps a lot in this case !
So I will be able to make some nightmissions.

Thanks a lot for your support folks !

PS: did you see the buildings at night, you can see lights through the windows. With a snowy landscape it must feel like christmas, although according to black-out orders you would have the police comming for a visit if you light your house so brightly at night during the war, hehe,...

ATAG_Bliss
05-11-2011, 10:48 AM
AHA !!! - so I need a genarator besides the searchlights to make them work !

Did you find that out by "try and error method" ? Because I could not find anything where it is written to do it that way.
Good hint also for the AA guns on trains.

Anyway, great Info that helps a lot in this case !
So I will be able to make some nightmissions.

Thanks a lot for your support folks !

PS: did you see the buildings at night, you can see lights through the windows. With a snowy landscape it must feel like christmas, although according to black-out orders you would have the police comming for a visit if you light your house so brightly at night during the war, hehe,...

Hi Pluto,

I don't know exactly how it works yet, but this is where it was discussed back in 2008: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=58760&postcount=11

Oleg Maddox wrote:

Hi,

You may see again some very interesting details.
Modeling of AAA in our new simulator means following (for example):
Say, if the electricity generator of search light will be destroyed, then the search light wouldn’t work… then the effectiveness of anti aircraft guns also wouldn't be good.
We are developing the simulation of ground AAA support in all areas, including radars, High Command, etc. It will work as a system: damage of one will have result in other.
Also would remind that British and German radar systems will have different purpose as it was in reality.

http://files.games.1c.ru/il2pict/vvv-03_01.jpg

http://files.games.1c.ru/il2pict/vvv-03_02.jpg

http://files.games.1c.ru/il2pict/vvv-03_03.jpg

http://files.games.1c.ru/il2pict/vvv-03_04.jpg

http://files.games.1c.ru/il2pict/vvv-03_05.jpg

http://files.games.1c.ru/il2pict/vvv-03_06.jpg

http://files.games.1c.ru/il2pict/vvv-03_07.jpg

http://files.games.1c.ru/il2pict/vvv-03_08.jpg

PS. The ground surface is viewer’s surface and has nothing common with the ground surface of sim

Edit: to show pictures (might help with object placement)

Ali Fish
05-11-2011, 02:14 PM
there is a function to add objects together in the FMB menu,s Does this play a part in directly attaching a generator to a search light system ? or is it the radius association u can make that dictates the positiong of objects that work together. ? and....what else can it do ?

Pluto
05-11-2011, 09:27 PM
...thanks Bliss for those nice pictures.
I have tried and put different generators near the searchlights, the small ones and the big ones.
But none of them seems to activate the searchlights when enemy planes aproach.
I also have tried the set function where you get a green string on your cursor with that bullseye at the end, but you cant position it anywhere. Maybe I have missed something? Well I keep on trying, ...
:confused:

Sokol1
05-11-2011, 11:21 PM
Pluto,

You need to include Airdefence AI, see FG28_Kodiak post

Additional you need a Airdefence AI, so your Searchlight will get active if enemy planes are near.
Sample Mission added.

AA in train - manual method:

In FMB select any train - ie the first of list show bellow - define waypoints, etc.

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/7618/tremaa0.jpg

Save mission, ie. TrainAA

Go to C:\Users\User\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\missions\Single

And open TrainAA.mis file with notepad, an look in these lines:

[Chiefs]
0_Chief Train.57xx_0-6-0PT gb <<< train select in FMB
[0_Chief_Road]
S 2119 17 0.57 5.00 P 77708.77 181632.91 0 2 11.11 <<< waypoints
S 2119 11 0.17 5.00 P 76609.93 181532.02
[Stationary]

Change - in [Chiefs] the select train to one with open wagons - you see wagons only in FMB 3D mode, not in Select Objets windows. ie: 0_Chief Train.C_Class_0-6-0_5x13TFlat gb <<< Loco, tender, 5 open wagon, brake car.

Obvious you can select this train under FMB. This bla-bla-bla is to illustrate. ;)

Result:

[CustomChiefs]
[Chiefs]
0_Chief Train.C_Class_0-6-0_5x13TFlat gb

Then, in front of train name, add: /tow03_00 1_Static

Like:

[CustomChiefs]
[Chiefs]
0_Chief Train.C_Class_0-6-0_5x13TFlat gb /tow03_00 1_Static

And under [Stationary] add the Bofors.

[Stationary]
1_Static Artillery.Bofors_StandAlone gb 0.00 0.00 0.00

Save and play the mission. You see active AA over the third wagon after loco, include thender. :)

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/4586/tremaa2.jpg

If you add /tow03_00 1_Static /tow05_00 2_Static
and under [stationary]

[Stationary]
2_Static Artillery.Bofors_StandAlone gb 0.00 0.00 0.00

You get a train with Bofors over third and fifth wagons.

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/3387/tremaa3.jpg

Now strafing trains is a bit more challenging.

Sokol1

FG28_Kodiak
05-12-2011, 01:32 AM
tow00_00 also works with ships
[Chiefs]
0_Chief Ship.Tanker_Medium1 gb /sleep 0/skill 2/slowfire 1/tow00_00 0_Static
[Stationary]
0_Static Artillery.Bofors_StandAlone gb 0.00 0.00 0.00

if you need the second cannon add a /tow00_01 1_Static
to 0_Chief Ship.Tanker_Medium1 gb /sleep 0/skill 2/slowfire 1/tow00_00 0_Static
[Stationary]
0_Static Artillery.Bofors_StandAlone gb 0.00 0.00 0.00

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7495/shipwithaaa.jpg

And Trucks
[Chiefs]
2_Chief Vehicle.Bedford_MW_open gb /tow00_00 1_Static
[Stationary]
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/9412/truckwithaaa.jpg

And tow01_00 with trailer trucks
[Chiefs]
1_Chief Vehicle.custom_chief68 gb /tow01_00 1_Static
[Stationary]
1_Static Stationary.Cruiser_Mk_IV gb 0.00 0.00 0.00
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/977/truckwithtank.jpg

Enjoy the possibilities.

Sample Mission added.

Pluto
05-12-2011, 07:28 AM
... cool, thanks for your hints !

I`ll try it tonight again, maybe I put the AA guns too far away from the searchlights, (they were just on the other side of the street, shouldnt be too far?)

FG28_Kodiak
05-12-2011, 09:47 AM
Can you attach your mis file so we could take a look at it?

Ataros
05-12-2011, 10:52 AM
tow00_00 also works with ships

Does it work in MP? I put AA on tankers in FMB but the guns remain in the water after a tanker is moved in MP mission running on Repka#1 server.

MadTommy
05-12-2011, 10:57 AM
Sokol1 great info thanks!!

Does it work in MP? I put AA on tankers in FMB but the guns remain in the water after a tanker is moved in MP mission running on Repka#1 server.

Hmm that sucks!

FG28_Kodiak
05-12-2011, 11:04 AM
@Ataros
It not work in FMB you must edit the mis file manually, then they stay on the moving ship. See the mission i've attached.

Ataros
05-12-2011, 11:31 AM
@Ataros
It not work in FMB you must edit the mis file manually, then they stay on the moving ship. See the mission i've attached.

Tnx a lot! If I have 2 tankers per side it would be as follows?

0_Chief Ship.Tanker_Medium1 gb /sleep 0/skill 2/slowfire 1 /tow00_00 0_Static /tow00_01 1_Static
1_Chief Ship.Tanker_Medium1 gb /sleep 0/skill 2/slowfire 1 /tow00_00 2_Static /tow00_01 3_Static

2_Chief Ship.Tanker_Medium1 de /sleep 0/skill 2/slowfire 1 /tow00_00 4_Static /tow00_01 5_Static
3_Chief Ship.Tanker_Medium1 de /sleep 0/skill 2/slowfire 1 /tow00_00 6_Static /tow00_01 7_Static

Do you know by chance if I can arm blue tankers with Bofors just to give both sides the same weapons?

FG28_Kodiak
05-12-2011, 11:49 AM
Yes and Yes the bofors should work for germans also.

Pluto
05-13-2011, 07:20 AM
Can you attach your mis file so we could take a look at it?

never mind, I got them working. Searchlights are shining now, thanks again to all for their support!

Sauf
05-13-2011, 07:30 AM
Post a screenshot if you get the time Pluto, am interested to see them operating but to lazy to try and figure it out myself :)

JG53Frankyboy
05-13-2011, 07:39 AM
you have not to edit the missionfile manualy to arm the "light Tanker" , just enable skins for it you you get an armament choice for it...

FG28_Kodiak
05-13-2011, 07:46 AM
But not for the second place and not so many options for AAA. ;)

JG53Frankyboy
05-13-2011, 07:51 AM
but IF the manual edits are still overwritten (as in old IL2) as soon you save the mission in the FMB again, it makes live easier...and i like it easy :D

anyway, i doubt im going in missionbuilding again like in the past with this weird "script" system. Personal 'feeling'.

FG28_Kodiak
05-13-2011, 07:58 AM
Personal i hope that these "dirty little tricks" get integrated in FMB in a later patch. ;)

Pluto
05-13-2011, 08:11 AM
Post a screenshot if you get the time Pluto, am interested to see them operating but to lazy to try and figure it out myself :)

for a screenshot I´d have to change some things in the mission (put camera near searchlichts). They work, but I still have to adjust their range. You only can see them when you fly by very low and near. Very thin needles of light.
No big deal for a screenshot at this point, sorry. I only get to work on that mission when I have time late in the evening and not every day.

Download that searchlight mission that is to be found somewhere in this thread, install it and open it in the editor, that helped me a lot to set the lights as they should be!
You get good assistance in this forum if you ask politely.

Ataros
05-13-2011, 08:52 AM
But not for the second place and not so many options for AAA. ;)

Did you try to put on tanks instead of AAA? Just came to this idea ))

Maybe air balloons will work as well.

FG28_Kodiak
05-13-2011, 09:00 AM
To this time no, hm Invasion Tankers ;)

[Edit:]Tanks (Artillery) working ;)
http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/7199/tankatship.jpg

Ballons not :/

warbirds
05-14-2011, 03:44 PM
I cannot get searchlights to stay on if one is damaged or shot. If one goes out they all go out.

Also could some of you that are doing the cool tricks with text in missions for ships and stuff make a script for it to so it could be brought up easily in the FMB?

41Sqn_Stormcrow
05-14-2011, 11:39 PM
If I am not mistaken there's also a plane pushing vehicle in the model browser. Can one make it tow a static plane too?

Ataros
05-16-2011, 07:02 AM
Yes and Yes the bofors should work for germans also.

Thanks a lot again. Integrating into my mission for Repka.

Do you know what these parameters mean and how they influence gunnery?
/skill 2
/slowfire 1

And /sleep 0 is probably a spawn delay in seconds?

FG28_Kodiak
05-16-2011, 07:43 AM
/skill 2 AI-Level of Ship also influence on AAA acuracy, i think.
/slowfire 1 rate of fire
/sleep 0 How long it takes before AAA gets active.

Ataros
05-16-2011, 10:12 AM
/skill 2 AI-Level of Ship also influence on AAA acuracy, i think.
/slowfire 1 rate of fire
/sleep 0 How long it takes before AAA gets active.

What I would like to find out is what are the boundaries for these parameters, e.g. can /skill 10 be used or does /slowfire 3 reduce or increase ROF (found out that 0.5 is minimum value for this). Do you have this info by chance?
I am working on a mission fixing various bugs almost every day and just can not try everything by hand )

Installed 2 AA guns onto a tanker with help of your instructions. Works great! Unfortunately after editing the mission in editor again it reverts to default 1 gun. Did you notice this issue? I have to re-edit my mission many times. Do you think it can be done without loosing the 2nd gun?

FG28_Kodiak
05-16-2011, 09:22 PM
Yes this is a problem the FMB overrides the second gunposition.
May be we can create a little mis-file, only with tankers and then load this file into the main mission. So we need only this file to be manual editing.
Will make some tests.

What I would like to find out is what are the boundaries for these parameters, e.g. can /skill 10 be used or does /slowfire 3 reduce or increase ROF (found out that 0.5 is minimum value for this). Do you have this info by chance?
I am working on a mission fixing various bugs almost every day and just can not try everything by hand )

For slowfire i think it is the same as in IL-2 (1946)
0.5 – half of historical correct reloading time (guns firing twice as normal)
1 – normal
100 – slowest possible rate of fire
skill i think its the same as in IL-2 (1946)
0=Beginner ... 3=Ace
But i will make some tests to figure it out.

FG28_Kodiak
05-17-2011, 12:49 AM
So have made some tests with /slowfire from 0,5 to 100 , it seems there is no difference in the rate of fire may be this values are reserved for true warships.

Ataros
05-17-2011, 09:43 PM
Yes this is a problem the FMB overrides the second gunposition.
May be we can create a little mis-file, only with tankers and then load this file into the main mission. So we need only this file to be manual editing.

Great idea and all other information is very useful for me. Thank you.

If tankers are loaded separately I have an issue assigning them as targets to aircraft loading in other submissions. I tried to assign aircraft to "attack target" without selecting a target but it seems they can not see or find ships loaded in other submission maybe because they are moving and I fail to give bombers a waypoint accurately enough.

Maybe you've found a solution to this issue already?

FG28_Kodiak
05-18-2011, 04:27 AM
It seems possible to assign a new Waypoint (including Action) with a c# script to an AiAirGroup. Will make some tests to figure out if it works.

Ataros
05-18-2011, 10:05 AM
It seems possible to assign a new Waypoint (including Action) with a c# script to an AiAirGroup. Will make some tests to figure out if it works.

It would become too complected I think to use C# to assign targets to every new group attacking the same objective loaded previously (at least for me :)). The problem exists only for moving object of cause. There should be a more simple solution like checking rendezvous timing and copying waypoint location from one mission file to another after that.

If only we could have "patrol area" script for bombers telling them to search for targets within a defined area.

56RAF_Witch
05-30-2011, 12:12 PM
There is a "Ground Attck - Area" option for bombers. It stops you selecting the type of attack detail though, such as dive-bomb, instead these sub-options grey out to "Auto".

as an aside, I have made several missions but when I host them my squadmates can't see the planes they're supposed to join, I can see them and select them in the map but they can't??

Cheers.

KDN
12-10-2011, 11:00 PM
This is good stuff guys, Tried it on ships and Trains and it works beautifully. Thank you!!

salmo
12-11-2011, 12:21 AM
Maybe air balloons will work as well.
I tried attaching (towing) air ballon on ships. They do attach OK, but ballon height always comes out as close to zero irrespective of what height you set in the mission file :(

WarFox101
12-11-2011, 05:11 AM
As far as search light you need a "AI" set to "anti air" and "power on". Set radius to cover both the generator and search light. After that set generator target to search lights set searchlight targets to the AI. search light should work.

Any one know what airport AI does?

KDN
12-11-2011, 12:41 PM
Maybe it is known but I have just discovered that FMB uses two name conventions for the [Stationary] category
One is: Static0, Static1, ...Staticn (used most of the time)
Second is: 1_Static, 1_Static... and so on (used when you set the mines for the mineship and when you set AA for your merchant ships within FMB )

So I found out that when you do any of the: /tow00_00 0_Static /tow00_01 1_Static on ships or on vehicle/trains, the reference to the static object has to be EXACTLY as it is referred to under [Stationary]

So "/tow00_00 0_Static /tow00_01 1_Static" will not work
if the objects are listed as Static0 and Static1.
Instead the attachement line should be" /tow00_00 Static0 /tow00_01 Static1"

Of course, when both conventions are used in the same mission file, watch out for repetitions since you cannot open the misison in FMB anymore to get them renumbered...just in case :)

Ataros
12-12-2011, 07:12 AM
Maybe 1_ is a mission number prefix creating a fullname from a shortname?

KDN
12-12-2011, 01:47 PM
Both naming conventions are acceptable by the sim engine but it looks that you cannot have both a 1_Static... and a Static1.... in the same mission file However your can have a 1_Static...and a Static2