PDA

View Full Version : "Adventure" Mod

bladeking77
05-09-2011, 06:41 PM
King's Bounty: "Adventure" Mod

What is this:

This is a mod based on the "Orcs on the March" campaign. It's purpose is to rebalance some things, while adding some new content.

What's new:

Version 1.1

(Changes with (*) require restart)

General:

-(*)Added the possibility to own a castle on Debir
-(*)Bogard is now also a trader (can sell you some stuff)

Spells:

-Doom (Reduced mana cost)
-Call Nature (Increased leadership of summoned units)
-Avenging Angel (Increased damage/Reduced duration)
-Summon Phoenix (Weakened/Reduced mana cost)
-Dragon of Chaos (Weakened/Reduced mana cost)

Skills:

-Wisdom (Mana: +8/+16/+24)
-Linguistics (Intellect: +2/+4/+6)
-Destruction (Power to destruction spells: +20%/+45%/+75%)
-Voice of the Dragon (Animals and Dragons gain: +1 Morale/+1 Morale and Initiative/+1 Morale, Initiative and Speed)
-Switched places of Meditation and Holy Light

Units:

-Increased power of Inquisitors' "Resurrection" talent
-Repair Droids' "Repair" talent tweaked
-Paladins' "Prayer" talent tweaked
-Champions slightly rebalanced

Other Fixes:

-Reduced requirements for certain medals
-Bonuses should now affect new units normally
-(*)Increased pet dragon's rate of advancement (returned to normal)

Version 1.0

-Somewhat rebalanced Pet Dragon
-All medals can now go up to 5th level
-3 new units and 3 new items
- Other changes:
* Increased difficulty (Enemy Strength, Boss Health and Attack) on Hard and Impossible levels (Though increased Money Income)
* Weakened Paladins' "Prayer" and Repair droids' "Repair" talents
* Increased health of Fauns

How to install:

If you have version 1.0, then just replace all the files with those in 1.1!

1. Download "adventure.rar" file
2. Copy "adventure.rar" to "sessions" folder in your installation directory
3. Right click on the "adventure.rar" and select "Extract to adventure\" (Now you should have a folder named "adventure" containing the files from "adventure.rar")
4. Now you can select all the .png files of the new units and copy them in your installation directory (where your kb.exe file is). Having bunch of additional files in your
installation folder can be a little messy, but if you don't put them there, new units won't be showed in Main Menu (In "Load" window)
It's your choice so do whatever suits you better.
-----------------------------------------------
5. Start Kings Bounty (kb.exe)
6. Press "Change" button and choose ""Adventure" Mod"
7. Start New Game, allow it to restart and the rest should be easy

Screenshots:

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/7548/screen110521001.th.png (http://img703.imageshack.us/i/screen110521001.png/)

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/6861/screen110509005.th.png (http://img135.imageshack.us/i/screen110509005.png/)

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/9633/screen110509003.th.png (http://img709.imageshack.us/i/screen110509003.png/)

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1324/screen110509001.th.png (http://img151.imageshack.us/i/screen110509001.png/)

Download:

Version 1.1:http://www.mediafire.com/?cs0mz6c9bzicnkc
Version 1.0:http://www.mediafire.com/?1z4i6q21v1lwbzj

Let me know if you want me to upload somewhere else.

Other Notes:

*This is considered a new campaign, so you will have to start a new game. This mod will not, nor can affect any of your other saved games.
*I have created this mod on the newest (1.3.1) version, so it is unlikely that it is compatible with the older versions.
*Credits for Main Menu interface files (.ui) goes to the creator(s) of the Russian mod "Красные пески" ("Red Sands").
*If I messed something up, I'm counting on you to let me know.

Metathron
05-09-2011, 08:15 PM
Wow, what an effort! I'll give it a shot as soon as possible, and interject my thoughts here later. I especially like the idea of new creatures (that they are palette swaps doesn't bother me when it's fan-made) and additional medal levels.

saroumana
05-10-2011, 07:20 PM
It's great to see such mod. :grin:

One question : it's the final version of your mod ?

bladeking77
05-11-2011, 06:57 AM
It's great to see such mod. :grin:

One question : it's the final version of your mod ?

No, I'm still working on some new stuff and improvements, so I'll release newer version(s) later. :)

Adanedhel
05-11-2011, 07:07 AM
First of all, thanks for your work!
It's been a while since we got, actually released mod.

Right now, I'm trying it it out and I think i found small bug: Royal Griffins ability that boosts human morale doesn't work on new archer unit.

Edit: One more thing: Could you post a bit more detailed info about rebalance changes you've made?

bladeking77
05-11-2011, 12:58 PM
First of all, thanks for your work!
It's been a while since we got, actually released mod.

Right now, I'm trying it it out and I think i found small bug: Royal Griffins ability that boosts human morale doesn't work on new archer unit.

Edit: One more thing: Could you post a bit more detailed info about rebalance changes you've made?

Thank you for reporting that bug. I'll definitely fix it.

I'll try to list all the changes I can remember, as soon as possible.

Fatt_Shade
05-13-2011, 08:52 PM
Damn and i just finished impy`s save with 89int mage :-) Kinda hoped to take some break from this game, but Nooooo you had to throw this new mod at us :-P
Great idea for new units, medals 5th lvl i like, also stronger enemy on higher lvl of difficulties.
Couple of questions before i try it out :
1) Does it work with other mods ? I have TheRider`s equilibrium mod already runing with no problems, so i ask will it interfere and cause problems.
2) Why weakened Paladins prayer ? To nerf units blackies, droids and fauns were good choice, rune mages also could use some lowered bonuses from unused runes. Paladin already have weakest resurrection talent in all game, why lower it more?
3) More gold on harder lvl`s arent much needed. Could you tell me where to change pet dragons nerf on hard/impossible 30% less exp is really bugging me. Harder enemy-no prob, less gold-no prob, but i like to use that dragon cub much. So no need to change anything in your mod, i`ll try to do it just in my game.
4) You missed new unit archer in quick draw skill +att/initiative for range units, and in morale bonus from royal griffins, and in items all bows +att/dmg to archer units. Azure dragon in Voice of dragon skill (+2 morale), also azure dragon in morale file - relation to lizards and royal griffin, and again azure dragon in items dragon hearth, dragon eye.
5) Maybe mistake, but astral res missing in guardian angel medal. Or you removed it on purpose?
6) Did you plan that some1 at all get all medals on 5th lvl ? Those cast requirements are insane :-D (1600 for guardian angel, 1400 fire mage, 400 iron warrior for warrior that`s pretty high, 1200 for holy knight also to much).
7) I checked my 2 warrior saves and in both had 22-23 lizard units killed for medal, in your mod there is no way to get 5th lvl with 30 killed units requirements. For mage no prob orc units aplenty, paladin i`m not sure havent played her long time.
8 ) Blind rage 5th lvl also i think impossible to achieve. Highest i managed in over 10 play through was 34K rage used. 45K for 5th lvl in your mod a bit to much.
9) Did you change something with 50+ lvl leadership/runes gain. With more exp with 4-5th lvl treasure searcher, and stronger enemy on high lvls i expect more lvls with your mode, so i ask it.
10) Ancient ring great, War hammer so-so, Storm pike is hilarious idea :-D Maybe to change it to all lvl 1 units ?

Also i took a look at contents of adventure.rar and damn :-) That`s allot of files, i`m guessing you didnt make this on 1 free weekend :-D I guess you know your way around here.
Another question not connected to your mod is this, i had idea to add rune mage bonus from runes to some other units, but couldnt figure out how. Do you have some clue how to manage this ? Might runes to dmging talents (flaming arrow, circle attack, rain of fire etc), mind runes to give bonus to heal/revive talents, and magic to lets say magic axes, or demonologist summoning. All bonuses something like 50% on 10 runes, also i thought to lower rune mages bonuses to this value (10mind runes give 180% bonus to respawn, that`s just sick). There are skills to buff up all undead,all archers, all summoner units and on other side only 1 unit in all game gets stronger talents depending on unused runes (rune mage). Not fair to other units in game that dont get any bonuses at all :-(

Holy c..p, i just tried mod and pet dragon only 60% exp on impossible :-( I really hope you gave it stronger skills, since late game pet is anyway useless as dmg, only for mana/chests.

Couple more things i wonder :
Any idea for +% poison dmg, like hell breath. This would be great help for Shetera island.
+rage medal for warrior have 3 support spells, and 1 dmg-ghost blade which is totally out of place here. I replaced it with precision. And for fire mage, instead hell breath to replace with fire rain, makes sense to me. Any thoughts ?
Since archmage magic shield counts for guardian angel medal, how about adding other unit talents to other medals ? Second wind/orc commander for iron knight, and respawn/prayer for holy knight. To give some chance for warrior/paladin class to get 4-5 lvl medals( i`m asking how to do this, since i`m not sure).
How to change ravens need for 200 thorn seeds ? To lower it to 100 maybe, since this way i get 3 ancient scrolls and then feed him to my troops :-D

saroumana
05-14-2011, 08:35 AM
After playing a bit, you should have release it in a mod (specially in KB_master's format) instead of new campaign.
It will be comptatible with others mods.

bladeking77
05-14-2011, 10:26 AM
@Fatt_Shade:

1) I think that it would not work with other mods, but if two mods have no files in common (example: one has "hero.txt" and the other has "logic.txt") then they should work fine together, and if two mods have some files in common (both have "hero.txt") then the game would load only one file ("hero.txt") and the mods would not work properly, or not work at all. I'm not sure my mod would work with the equilibrium mod, but you can try.
2) I got the idea that paladins are slightly overpowered (Paladins + Phantom spell (+enough mana) = Infinite Resurrection), but if it is not so, I can return it back to normal. Anyway, I intend to tweak their "Prayer" skill a little in the newer version.
3) Everything about difficulty is located in the "logic.txt". Dragon experience should be this line: "spexp=0.5|1.0|1.15|1.4". The reason I increased dragon experience requirement (And WEAKENED some of his skills) is because I think that Pet Dragon should only serve as a support, and you should use your army and spells (and your mind, of course) to beat your enemies.
4) Yeah, I missed a lot of stuff for the new units. Hopefully I'll fix them all in the future. :)
5) I'm not sure why the astral resistance got removed. I'll look into it.
6,7,8 ) Default medal level is 3, so from there on, it's only a bonus for you... Anyway, I'll try to tweak them into being more reasonable.
9) I realize that in my mod you can reach higher level, but I didn't yet calculate how would that affect the higher levels, so I didn't change anything.
10) Of all the 1st level units, only Peasants are able to wield a trident(pike):grin:, so I would have to change the item in whole...

Most of the files in "Adventure.rar" are from Orcs on the March, so I didn't edit that many files. It took me about a week (and a lot of experience gained from previous (failed)modding) to make this mod.

Well they are called "Rune Mages" because they gain bonuses from Runes. It's possible and maybe not too hard to add bonuses from runes to other units, but it would require editing .lua files, which isn't very good for health.

I have a couple of Ideas on how to make a %poison damage, but it is somewhat complicated, and depends on what you want to make: Spell, Skill, Unit Talent...

If you want to change the spell requirements for medals go to "medals.txt" then go to which medal you want to edit and replace: "spells_used-[name_of_the_spell]"
with:
"spells_used-[name_of_the_spell_you_want]"
You have to replace it at a number of places, and I haven't tested this, so I can't promise you anything, but you can try it.

When it comes to medals, they use global variables (like "magic_shield_used" which is the number of times you used Magic Shield), and I'm not sure whether it's possible to make new global variables or not.
If it is then I'm going to check out how, and let you know how to change Talent use requirements for medals.

I'm not sure what raven are you talking about, if you can specify it further.

@saroumana:

It's not a bad idea, but even if I did release it in a form of a mod, you still would have to restart the game for most of the changes. The only benefit would be that it would affect all campaigns (if that is a benefit).

saroumana
05-14-2011, 11:13 AM
Yes i know, we'll have to restart a new campaign, it's normal, everything is generated at the begining of a new game.

I just regret my unit modification mod i could not use with your mod :)

I have see champion and archer for now.

Fatt_Shade
05-14-2011, 09:16 PM
About other mod, i`ll try and report if it out myself.
For paladins and other unit that resurrect it`s simple game of numbers :
Paladin 200hp, prayer 24hp (12%), only 4th lvl units, must be close
Inquisitor 70 hp, respawn 7 hp (10%), 5th lvl, anywhere on map
Satyr 23hp, plant heal 12hp (50% !!!) 2 charges.
Rune mage 400hp, respawn 100hp (25%), 5th lvl, anywhere
750hp, respawn 280hp (38%),
Orc tracker 160hp, animal heal 44hp (27%), 3 rounds reset, limited only by adrenaline.
So yes paladin have aoe prayer, but in case of numbers it`s most limited, that`s why i said it shouldnt be changed. That is just my opinion. Phantom spell is for every unit, so you cant connect it only to paladins :-)
For dragon cub yes it`s best skills are support, but if i cant lvl it up because of low exp gain, it wont be even support, not to say dmg usable. Thx for info i`ll set it to original value for my game.
For things you missed, i`m not nitpicking only telling you what i found. You did great job what i`we seen, so i only want to help this little way i can (bugproffing your mod :-)
Astral res wasn`t removed from divine armor, it never was placed in it in first place. That`s developers miss in CW expansion. They added new units with astral dmg talents, but haven`t fixed order spell to protect units from it. Same goes for leather dress, any1 can change it in items.txt to give 5% astral res also.

New lvl for medals great idea, and thx for it. But i only stated my opinion it`s too high. In your settings player will have to pick only 1 spell dependable medal and get to 5th. Around 350 battles in all game, time 10 rounds that count for medals is 3500. 1600 for guardian angel 5th lvl is half of it, and that limit us to cast only 4 spells in all game, and we`ll get 5th lvl at almost end of game. Considering that we dont have all spells we need from start, or enough mana during every battle. Missing some fight, or casting other spells to save units will disable us of chance to get other medal at all, not to mention 4-5th lvls. I changed it to lower values in my calculation, but i only suggest to you to revise your settings.
For +att/def/int medals it`s impossible to get 5th lvl, simply not enough enemy type units.
For higher lvl i only asked since i dont know how to fix rune gain on lvl`s after 50. Leadership isn`t important at that time, anyway we all have army we need until then. But lower gain runes on lvlup after 50 is frustrating.
For poseydons pitchforks (storm pike) i said since there are item that add +1 poison(dager)/astral(bow)/fire(whip) dmg to all units. You made it to add 1 magic dmg only to peasants, so i dont think any1 will use your new item :-(

I looked at adventure files and found those missed things, so i`ll try to add equilibrium files that you don`t have in your mod(some of things `the_rider` changed that i like).
I get that RUNE mages are depended on RUNES, but it`s so snob of them :-D
What i don`t get is in all game there is like 100 units, and only 1 of all of them get bonus from runes, it just doesn`t seem fair. Summoner boost all summoning units, quick draw all archer etc, and it`s all skills that we use runes to get. Then why is only 1 unit that get bonus from runes we haven`t used . Runic armor is great help for unit (more dmg, hp, disable spell on attack) why adding sick bonuses (% in mages talents) atop those?
That %poison dmg i thought as spell, like hell breath., since precision add dmg to archers, hell breath to all units, berserk att to melee=more dmg. So i thought about poison dmg buff spell, but i`m not sure should i just copy hell breath description and change it to poison dmg or something more. Also need bmp for spell book, and place in spell book and . . . so that`s why i asked how to do it.
Spell requirements for medals i changed and it works. Thing i odnt know how to add is using of unit talents like archmages magic shield. Is talent name in unit description same, since in spells.txt fit of energy=adrenaline, pacifism=peacefulness , animal call=call of nature. . . I dont know what to put as medal requirement so game add castings to medal counter when i use talents in battles.
And finally raven=item regalia +2 int and gives you ancient scroll after 10-15 battles for 200 thorn sprouts. In item.txt there is no mentioning of thorn sprouts so i dont know where to change this, since in all game i never found more then 600-800 of them, so i can get 3(4 max) scrolls and them drop stupid bird :-( For players that like higher lvls elenhel is only choice but with raven you can pick other husband(khm . . . companion), and play other units/item combos.
I`m off now, but hope to try your mod soon. Take care :-)

bladeking77
05-15-2011, 10:03 AM
I already fixed things like medal requirements and some other stuff, so I'll release a new version in about a week or so... :grin:

And now to tell you how to do some stuff... :)

To make an unit talent increase medal counter:

Go to the medal you want (in medal.txt) and add a custom variable like this:
var1=[existing_variables],[your_custom_variable]
var2=[existing_variables],[your_custom_variable]
var3=[existing_variables],[your_custom_variable]
(do this for all medal levels)

Now go to special_attacks.lua (or addon_special_attacks.lua), find the skill you want to increase medal counter and add this lines between function name and it's body:

if Attack.act_belligerent(target, nil) == 1 and cur_round<11 then
Game.GVNumInc("[your_custom_variable]", 1)
end

(the red text has to be deleted in some cases)
That should be it. If you have any problems, you can use "Magic Shield" as a reference.

To reduce Raven's seed requirements:

You will have to open Editor(.exe) > choose which campaign you want to edit > Under the "Session" menu chose "Actors" > go to "bolo_dungeon_1" then "Talking Raven" > Select the "main" dialog > go to snap_2 > and then under the "Condition" and "Actions" menu you will see "200" numbers, and you can edit them however you want.
Once you're done editing a dialog, your progress is automatically saved, so I don't recommend saving manually, as it can sometimes make you a mess.

To create a new spell that adds poison damage:

In spells.txt duplicate hell breath and rename (almost)everywhere it says "fire" to "acid"(or whatever you want).
Do the same in spells.lua and in eng_spells.lng.
Now you'll need three new .png pictures: One for spell, one for scroll and one for "overtime"(so you can see when your units have the spell applied).
Most of the interface(spells,items,scrolls,unit talents...) pictures are in data.kfs saved in texture format(dunno why).
There is a lot of work to be done here so you'll either have to ask me for specifics or you'll have to work it out yourself.

Making units affected by runes is a lot of work, and I'm not sure exactly how to do it, so I'll leave it for another time.

P.S. you meant: Paladin 200hp, prayer 24hp x 1-7 (12 - 84%), only 4th lvl units :grin:

Fatt_Shade
05-15-2011, 12:36 PM
For medals i figured it , but thx for checking it yourself.
Raven info is helpful, i`ll check it out.
For spell i wasn`t planing to replace hell breath, but to add new spell (something like 15/25/35% poison dmg to units, for 10/20/30 mana). That`s why i said new bmp AND new place in spell book. Making new spell isn`t big problem, implementing it in game is pain in the ass.
As for rune bonus to units is horrible work, i checked runemage.lng file and there`s relation for his talent and rune bonuses and it`s scary. I had idea to add those bonuses to other units, and after seeing file dropped my silly plan :-( So i asked if you had any idea how to do it after seeing what you did in this mod. No matter, i hope dev`s will do it in upcoming KB2 :-D
Paladins can res 4 units 1 charge, since we can take only 5 units in army (which is fail by dev`s in my opinion, and only 2 reserves :-( Mass resurrection seems imba, but it`s quite limited in use in battle - must gather units around paladin, then after prayer 1 more turn to move him and cast illusion if needed . . . time consuming, that`s why i said no need to nerf him :-)

Fatt_Shade
05-18-2011, 01:04 AM
I added files from other mod `equilibrium` in your and it works great, have your settings for 4-5 lvl medals new units/items , and `the_riders` bonuses that i liked in his mode. So i think that if ppl want to use some other mod with your, only need to copy files from it and not overwrite any of your files, just those that you dont have.

Any idea how to convert some other savegame files to your mod ? Is it possible at all.
I have 2 save from greenworth (start of game) which were fun to play so i ask could i change them somehow in your mod since simple renaming to adventure_greenworth.sav doesnt work.
I had 1 more thing in mind : any ideas what to do with Tirex gobble corpse talent ? Since lizards are afraid of undead (-1 morale) it`s seems stupid that lizard unit have talent to create undead units. I`m just asking for some ideas here ppl.

zini4_tha_grunt
05-19-2011, 08:42 PM
wow, that's looks cool
I'm glad to say, that we, russians, have a great new Orc's March based new campaign. It's called Red Sands and the story is to find out where these Red Sands really are.
I can show few screens.
Is there any good rus-to-eng translater?
Our Campaign has been released on April, 1. All the trouble - no one wants to tranlate a real massive amount of texts.
Graz.

Metathron
05-19-2011, 10:57 PM
wow, that's looks cool
I'm glad to say, that we, russians, have a great new Orc's March based new campaign. It's called Red Sands and the story is to find out where these Red Sands really are.
I can show few screens.
Is there any good rus-to-eng translater?
Our Campaign has been released on April, 1. All the trouble - no one wants to tranlate a real massive amount of texts.
Graz.

Did someone actually manage to make a new campaign with the editor or is it a "mod" in the sense that the existing Orcs on the March campaign was modified?

bladeking77
05-20-2011, 07:02 AM
Did someone actually manage to make a new campaign with the editor or is it a "mod" in the sense that the existing Orcs on the March campaign was modified?

It's a mod pretty much like mine, but a lot Bigger. It adds a lot of new stuff like items, units etc. It also allows your units to gain experience, which I think is pretty cool :cool:. Also, it adds a few new maps (and quests), though I don't know how the Russians managed to pull it off, since I found it impossible to create new maps with the editor.

The list of changes can be found here:http://kingsbounty.ru/

I thought about translating it to English, but there's really lot of text there, and I'm not all that good with Russian.

saroumana
05-20-2011, 08:01 PM
Wow, Red sands look great, too bad i don't understand a single word of russian :mad:

zini4_tha_grunt
05-20-2011, 08:26 PM
It's a mod pretty much like mine, but a lot Bigger. It adds a lot of new stuff like items, units etc. It also allows your units to gain experience, which I think is pretty cool :cool:. Also, it adds a few new maps (and quests), though I don't know how the Russians managed to pull it off, since I found it impossible to create new maps with the editor.

The list of changes can be found here:http://kingsbounty.ru/

I thought about translating it to English, but there's really lot of text there, and I'm not all that good with Russian.
5 companions, 15 creatures, about 30 items, and much more :cool:.
Yep, and it's also adds a summoning creature, ultra-beholder Asmadeo, which can gain expirience too.
We spent about 7 months to create such a big campaign.
If you can realy speak rus, perhaps we can cooperate, 'cos i do know english. My grade is upper intermidiate. Still this is colossus to translate for me on my own. And i simple out of time for this.
What would you say?
Perhaps, after all we can try to send our resume to Blizzard :lol:

Fatt_Shade
05-20-2011, 10:50 PM
Hm . . . Asmodeo, sounds alott like Asmodean there is item in HoMM3-WoG with which you can call hero lvl 15 i think to fight in your place. Didi you ppl that work in 1c had something with that game ?
Units gathering experiance, summoned creature Asmadeo . . . it all remind me to Wake of Gods :-)
In any case i hope to see english version of this new expansion (mod or whatever) Red sands.

zini4_tha_grunt
05-21-2011, 01:02 AM
Hm . . . Asmodeo, sounds alott like Asmodean there is item in HoMM3-WoG with which you can call hero lvl 15 i think to fight in your place. Didi you ppl that work in 1c had something with that game ?
Units gathering experiance, summoned creature Asmadeo . . . it all remind me to Wake of Gods :-)
In any case i hope to see english version of this new expansion (mod or whatever) Red sands.
i worked on Crossworlds, indeed.
I can't see any chances until someone want to translate it.

bladeking77
05-21-2011, 07:19 AM
It would take at least a couple willing people, who can speak Russian very well, to translate all the text in Red Sands... So, I doubt it's gonna be translated any time soon. :(

karabaja
05-21-2011, 07:31 AM
5 companions, 15 creatures, about 30 items, and much more :cool:.
Yep, and it's also adds a summoning creature, ultra-beholder Asmadeo, which can gain expirience too.
We spent about 7 months to create such a big campaign.
If you can realy speak rus, perhaps we can cooperate, 'cos i do know english. My grade is upper intermidiate. Still this is colossus to translate for me on my own. And i simple out of time for this.
What would you say?
Perhaps, after all we can try to send our resume to Blizzard :lol:
wow, you guys have done a truly amazing job! i've played it for a few hours in a last couple of days and it's just incredible how many new stuff is inside. there's a whole new island for chrissake!!
it would really be a shame if it ain't gonna be translated. i would gladly help you with that, but my russian is so thin (and as you can see, my english is not much better either :)) that i would be of no help at all.

for those impatient among you (like myself, indeed ;)) who wish to try it out, there's a way to run this mod on english version of crossworlds.
install mod into your game folder, then go into your ...sessions\red_sands\ folder and extract red_sands.kfs file (with 7zip or some other program).
then go to ...red_sands\localization\ folder and for all files replace prefix "rus_" for with prefix "eng_". after that delete red_sands.kfs file.
i have english steam version of crossworlds and this procedure worked fine for me.
keep in mind that most part of the game (interface, objects, quests...) will be in russian, so if you don't speak at least a little bit of russian, maybe you should wait for a translation.

Поздравляю всех, кто трудился над mод! Вы - молодцы!

p.s.
maybe we should start a new thread for this mod. after all, this is still bladeking's mod thread and any post not related to it is off topic (spam).

bladeking77
05-21-2011, 05:47 PM
I just released version 1.1! Enjoy... And let me know if you find any bugs. :)

Mandea
05-24-2011, 06:56 PM
Hmm, I'l give it a try, but I would also like to try Red Sands. I've read about it on the russian forum and I still hope someone will translate it, at least the most important things (strictly necessary for playing I mean).

Fatt_Shade
05-24-2011, 07:34 PM
Gj with 1.1 version, medal requirements are reasonable now :-)
Can you pls list files needed to replace in old 1.0 version to get new Castle option in Debir, since i copy some files from other mod and changed some options in your version, and now i have no idea what else i changed. So i ask for those new files for owning castle option in this 1.1 update, just to copy them in my game folder. I`ll start new campaign no prob.
And last : some idea for Champion talent ? I mean they are interesting and useful, but 5th lvl unit with no talents only passive abilities :-( Something like orc run and push, or brontor ram maybe. And since i play with mage now, i wonder do they count for warriors counterstrike skill ? Ogre, troll and rest of giant company are affected by that skill so champion should to i`m just asking. If yes, i`m restarting campaign this moment and going unlimited retaliation champion build :-D

bladeking77
05-25-2011, 07:58 AM
Gj with 1.1 version, meadl requirements are reasonable now :-)
Finaly i figured how to change spell requirements for medals. It`s quite retarded :-P
Instead spell_used-spell_name . . . just place talent name like second_wind_used since it`s not spell and it works no problems. It need to be replaced in all medal lvl`s but that`s all, no other global strings changes needed. I placed second wind for warrior medal +rage, and respawn/prayer for paladin medal +dmg%.
Can you pls list files nedded to replace in old 1.0 version to get new Castle option in Debir, since i copy some files form other mod and changed some options in your version, and now i have no idea what else i changde. So i ask for those new files for owning castle option in this 1.1 update, just to copy them in my game folder. I`ll start new campaign no prob.
And last : some idea for Champion talent ? I mean they are interesting and usefull, but 5th lvl unit with no talents only pasive abilities :-( Something like orc run and push, or brontor ram maybe. And since i play with mage now, i wonder do they count for warriors counterstrike skill ? Ogre, troll and rest of giant company are affected by that skill so champion should to i`m just asking. If yes, i`m restarting campaign this moment and going unlimited retaliation champion build :-D

I think these are all the files you'll need for the castle:

hero_castle.png
eng_actors.lng

([...] means that there are multiple files, and you basically need them all)
debir.[...].loc
eng_chat_[...].lng
[...].chat
[...].act
[...].lu
[...].qst
(That's a lot of files altogether, and you don't actually need them all, but unless you're using a mod that adds new stuff on the map, it should be okay to add them all)

I had one idea for Champions' talent... Battle Cry - Pretty much like the spell.
Gives all allies (for example)+2 initiative for 3 rounds(turns).
Spares you a spell-cast, and even more useful if you don't have the spell learned.

BTW, I'm pretty sure that counterattack should affect Champions as well. :)

yujy
05-25-2011, 01:58 PM
Hi, i just started a new campaign with yr. new version and there's a problem with the special skill. i started warrior on impossible and it gave me(by default without doing the quest) the archmage skill. I haven't the the cuest for counterattack yet, we i'll do i'll let you know what happend

bladeking77
05-25-2011, 02:37 PM
Hi, i just started a new campaign with yr. new version and there's a problem with the special skill. i started warrior on impossible and it gave me(by default without doing the quest) the archmage skill. I haven't the the cuest for counterattack yet, we i'll do i'll let you know what happend

Sorry, I messed that up a little. Thanks for letting me know. :)
I'll update the rar, and for those who already downloaded:
Just replace the hero.txt with the one I added as an attachment here(or the one from orcs.kfs).

ShadowTek
05-25-2011, 06:48 PM
Wow, downloading now, very cool. Nice to see a mod of this size come out. Thanks for the hard work, cant wait to try it out!

Fatt_Shade
05-26-2011, 12:18 AM
Uuuu i like idea for champions Battle cry, it would do great for warrior iron knight medal.
If you implement this just attach here that file, no need to update all mod, i think it would effect already started campaing.
Can i add champion in knight`s set -leadreship% requirements like knight,swordman and rest of human melee troops ? I`m not sure where to change this in items.txt or ...?
Also did you see my earlier question for changing something in older savegames (from original Ootm) into your mod. Is it possible ?
3 more problems i just figured out :
In skill mind tree there is problem with Voice of dragon (screen 1 i cant lvl it up because i cant get to it). What file i need to replace to fix this ?
I mean what file describes skill in different tree`s might/mind/magic to get it back to original settings.
On first round pet dragon and spell book are locked (screen 2 this is on start of battle first round) like i used it already , but in later rounds it stay locked.
During battles any attack instantly kill my/enemy troop. When i place mouse cursor on enemy troop it say 0 dmg (screen 3 archmage attacking EGD), but after attack troop dies (screen 4, 1archmage kills 1EGD). Same goes for every attack on my units no matte is it 1 Peasant, or 10 Azure dragons. What file/settings got f...ed ? I finished training, started clearing Debir island and this problem appeared.
I tried new campaign and all works great, no problems with dragon, spell book or dmg to my/enemy troops. Something got in files during lvling up (i kited to verona and in trip back all this started screwing me) but i cant figure out what. Any help ppl ?

Mandea
05-26-2011, 05:39 PM
I can't download. It says: Your download is starting.... and then nothing.

bladeking77
05-27-2011, 07:01 AM
@Mandea:

Hm, works fine for me. When it says "Your download is starting", it should start downloading... make sure your pop-ups are not disabled and take a look at your browser settings.

@Fatt_Shade:

Maybe I'll work on the battle cry, but later. BTW it takes about 3 files to implement a new talent for a unit.

To add Champions in Knight's set go to special_params.txt and under sp_lead_warrior, amongst other units add Champions.

I'm not sure what exactly you mean by changing something in older savegames, but I'm pretty sure it's impossible. Each campaign/session has it's own set of savegames and, in my opinion, mixing them would be more difficult than making new King's Bounty game.:)

To change what skills must be learned before being able to learn a certain skill (ex: Voice of the Dragon) go to skills.txt, then go to the skill you want to edit and under deps=[...] delete the skill you don't want as a requirement (ex: the skill that doesn't even exist in your picture).

I had the problem where it says 0 damage, but actually kills the whole stack... It happened when I tried to edit Red Sands. I think it's somewhere in arena.txt or arena.lua , but I'm far from sure since it may actually be in any txt/lua file or maybe even somewhere else.

I can't help you with the dragon/spellbook problem, but there is a chance that it's somewhere in arena.lua. And if these problems get fixed after starting new game then I'm not sure if it can be helped.
Good luck.

Fatt_Shade
05-27-2011, 03:13 PM
Thx for checking this problems.
For champions i figured it out and added him to knight`s set already.
Save games i just thought to use old save for your mod (got 1 interesting with 91 int mage :-P ), but it`s not important. There is always new campaign :-)
Voice of dragon fixed, thx for info.
About 0 dmg/kill all stack problem occurred after i kited first 4 islands, and returned to debir and start with it. All enemy were weak/very weak and this happened I didnt edited anything in files. Restart campaign with warrior and all works great, no problems at all. That`s why i ask what could get changed by itself, since i didnt do anything to arena.lua/txt files. Same thing with pet dragon/spell book in new campaign work without problems and i didnt changed anything in mod files :-(
Doesn`t mater, i`ll stick with this new campaign untill figure something out.

One more thing: why make sapphire scales as attack, dragon use it and end his turn. Orc`s commander, orc veteran`s rage potion, paladin`s second wind are all talents that you use and still play with that unit. Why not make azure dragon do the same. Use scales and still attack enemy ?
And you missed azure dragons in sp_lead_dragon (eye of dragon) -10% leadership in special_params.txt

bladeking77
05-27-2011, 05:19 PM
One more thing: why make sapphire scales as attack, dragon use it and end his turn. Orc`s commander, orc veteran`s rage potion, paladin`s second wind are all talents that you use and still play with that unit. Why not make azure dragon do the same. Use scales and still attack enemy ?
And you missed azure dragons in sp_lead_dragon (eye of dragon) -10% leadership in special_params.txt

I didn't want Sapphire Scales to cost them their turn, and tried a lot of different things to make sure of it, but in the end... I failed. :(

Thanks for letting me know I missed them in sp_lead_dragon. :)

Mandea
05-27-2011, 08:06 PM
I managed to install it. Very nice mod. Champion and the new archer are very interesting. Looking forward to your work.

Fatt_Shade
05-27-2011, 08:22 PM
I tried to change something in sapphire scales in relation to paladins second wind, but still it end dragon turn, so i quess you tried other things also. But then archmage use magic shield to protect other unit, azure use scales to protect himself, so ending turn seems appropriate :-( Only does it last 4 rounds, or 4 attacks on him, like avenging angel spell. Haven`t figured this so far?
In eng_rewards file you have this settings like in original campaign :

reward_fire_mage_cond1='Fire Arrow', 'Oil Mist', 'Fire Rain' and 'Fire Ball'
reward_fire_mage_cond2='Fire Arrow', 'Oil Mist', 'Fire Rain' and 'Fire Ball'
reward_fire_mage_cond3='Fire Arrow', 'Oil Mist', 'Fire Rain' and 'Fire Ball'

There is missing cond4 and cond5 for your new 4th & 5th medal lvl`s. So who play your mode just in medal needed add 2 more lines just after cond put 4 and 5 respectively to allow aditional medal lvl`s to work (this is needed for Guardian angel, Iron warrior, Fire mage and Holy knight medals).
About changing medal requirements dont bother with my message i send you earlier, i made it work finaly :-)
In the meantime checking this medal files, i got thinking about dragon slayer and blind rage : killing dragons gives you bonus exp for pet dragon, and using rage in battles add you +crit% chanse. it seems totaly backward. I thought to change it into using rage in battles = +exp for pet dragon, and killing dragons to = +crit%. Thought`s ppl ?

F...ing medal requirements, i managed to replace dragon arrow with second wind and it works in Ootm but in your mod it reports `load error with addon_special_attack.lua` and it`s increasing counter for medal but does`t give medal after reaching needed number of castings for lvlup. I have no idea what`s problem here, since it work in original campaign, but in your mod simply reject my change :-(
And i got stuck in 1 more place : when i lvlup Rage control/Onslaught and get bonus rage for hero but when i lvlup Bloodlust nothing happens no bonus rage from skill, and no min %rage before battles. Any idea what could be problem. Spend last 4 hours mixing eng_skills , skills.lua skills.txt files but cant figure it out HELP ppl. ( i got great start, ogre set in uzala, enough Giantic units and finaly seems i`ll try Shrek build when this s..t started :-(

ShadowTek
05-28-2011, 07:47 PM
Thanks Fatt_Shade for the info on missing lines, I attached a modified file that fixes what you said so people can add it if they dont know how, just replace it :)

Thanks bladeking77 for the new campain, Im getting ready to check it out :)

Fatt_Shade
05-28-2011, 10:03 PM
I got 1 more miss, same case as in eng_reward.lng
For spell required castings in medals.txt (guardian angel, iron warrion, holy knight, fire mage) there`s missing var4=spell_used . . . and var5 for 4/5th lvl`s.
For guardian angel add this strings after ver3=spells_used...

var4=spells_used-spell_stone_skin, spells_used-spell_angel_avenger, magic_shield_used,spells_used-spell_divine_armor
var5=spells_used-spell_stone_skin,spells_used-spell_angel_avenger, magic_shield_used,spells_used-spell_divine_armor

For fire mage, holy knight and iron warrior medals do same just copy already existing string only replace var3 into var4, var5 so those medals have 5 var# strings. I wont copy mine since i changed them and would only give you problems with it, like i already have :-(

And azure dragons are missing in dragon slayer medal. Just add this string in dragon slayer medal after units_killed-reddragon,units_killed-azuredragon
Question considering azure dragons : are they totally imune to magic ? Cant cast any benefitial spells on them, cant heal stone skin nothing. Is this something with saphire scales, or just weird unit settings.

bladeking77
05-29-2011, 07:42 AM
Question considering azure dragons : are they totally imune to magic ? Cant cast any benefitial spells on them, cant heal stone skin nothing. Is this something with saphire scales, or just weird unit settings.

They are totally immune to magic, just like Black Dragons.

ShadowTek
05-29-2011, 03:34 PM
Ok added all the 4,5 vars (there were allot of lines lol) also added the azure dragons for you

Fatt_Shade
05-29-2011, 04:53 PM
Nice `shadowtek`, i dont have zip, only winrar and couldnt upolad it myself.
I wonder can any1 help me find file conecting number of spell/talent castings and lvling medals.
I replaced in fire mage hel breath with fire rain, and counter works but medals doesn`t lvlup after enough cast`s. Same tihng goes for iron warrior i replaced ghost sword with paladins second wind talent and here again medal counter works, but doesnt lvlup after it reach number required. For holy knight i replaced peacefulness with inquisitors holy rage same problem with lvling medal.
I did this because in guardian medal we have unit talent (magic shield) that can be used 5 times in every battle and spam medal lvl`s very fast. Other medals are much harder to get especialy for warrior and paladin heroes, mage can spam fire mage medal from first lvl. Just grinding stupid spells was horrible, so i changed this to make battle less boring. With this new 4/5 lvl`s it would get mind numbing. I hoped to mix things a little, but got stuck. So if you ppl have idea how to impelment this settings i would apprecciate help. Take care

ShadowTek
05-29-2011, 05:40 PM
Would what you are looking for be in the specials.txt I wonder? Judging what you said about the Magic Shield, I saw that spell in that file and it has leveling in it? Thats just a guess though? I would have thought all that stuff was on the medal.txt though..

bladeking77
05-29-2011, 08:08 PM
I don't think it's in specials.txt. I tried to make it work, and it appears as if it actually increased (requirements for medals), but when it's time for medal to level up, nothing happens. When you point over the medal, it says that you actually have a higher level medal now, but the picture stays the same and you don't gain any bonuses.
It's as if the game doesn't recognize any new global variables.

I think that we can't edit everything in this game since the .exe contains some of the data (kb.exe has nearly 13 MB!), and we cannot edit it.
I sometimes came to a dead end while trying to mod certain things. That's why I think that kb.exe has some important data in it, but I certainly hope I'm wrong.

Good Luck. :)

ShadowTek
05-29-2011, 08:34 PM
Ok what if we simply created new abilities to equal the new medal levels? for example and included the file and ability in the medal text? Granted we may not get the picture to change, but we may be able to get the power to work as the mouseover seems to work as you said? The formate of the level rewards would have to be different for 4 and 5 but mabey that could work? (If this makes sense) Would take a few more enties, but it could work? Just a idea anyway

EDIT: Not sure I explained that right, instead of a var4 and var5, we add the spell affect (as a new ability) not sure Im explaining this right, or if it can even be done.. that or mabey you can re-write the whole medal function?

ShadowTek
05-29-2011, 09:38 PM
Ok, if it helps, in the orc.kf file, the files that refer to medals are:

config.txt
items.txt
medals.txt (of course)
other_scripts.lua
templates.lng

Not sure if that will help, but thats what Ive found..

ShadowTek
05-29-2011, 09:43 PM
For ease of use and access, heres the vanilla files from orcs.. that deal with medals, these are the raw untouched files, but as I wanna help and make things easy, here they are, not sure if they will help though, but in anycase..

On a side note, if bladeking77 is right about the info being in the exe, the exe would have to be hacked, and each case of each medal would have to be hex edited from 03 to 05, but that of course is not leagal to redistribute, but mabey they would allow a script to be ran that would allow this to happen? Or mabey they would provide a hotfix, that does this to help mods if we ask them? Who knows, they may help out if we ask?

Fatt_Shade
05-29-2011, 10:20 PM
Thx for looking into it shadow, i checked same files and couldn`t make my idea work. Counter working with no problems (i pick warrior and in training i split paladins in 5 stacks and after those 2 fights i had 40 use`s in iron warrior and 1st lvl medal, but didnt get bonus rage from it. So yes counter for talent/spell casting works, but hero doesn`t get bonus from medal lvl).
I think you`r right. Just checked specials.txt and there is nothing in there considering using magic shield for medal advancement. But there are bunch of stuff i`m not getting at all in that file, WTF is special_ : encouragement , indignation , aiming . . . there`s more. They mixed in there spells, unit talents, passive bonus it`s a real mess.
But i think there is no need to hack kb.exe since i used this mode and get guardian angel to 5th lvl (5x1 archmage, killed enemy with spells) i tried just to see does it work, and it`s OK so bladeking made 4/5th lvl functional. Now just we need to find out how to change medal requirements (at least i do :-) , hoping to make some idea that`s just mine to contribute this great game.

Here is crazy idea : attack/defense is limited to 300% dmg inflicted, and 30% dmg received, but intellect isn`t and we can make sick dmg with spells lategame. Every int +5% spells dmg, every 7 int +15% more, and duration to some spells (what are those spells since i cant figure it out). So how about adding %crit chance every 9 attack, and resistance% every 5 defense point (or something like that, i havent done math on this, but just to shout it out). For ppl who doesn`t like to spam protective spells and prolong battles to 10 round just to get guardian medal, but still want res% to units, or cant use to much pet dragon to get blind rage medal.
Thought`s ?
And question about new quest from adventure 1.1 version. Tried 3 games and Bogard never have any items. Do i have to finish some quest first or . . . And `The Haunting quest` to liberate castle on Debir, (reward doesnt exist) ok i got castle but i`m not getting any building options (first attachment on start of this tread), or anything. Am i missing something here. I liked idea but seems it`s now working (at least with my game).

ShadowTek
05-30-2011, 12:13 AM
I think that is what I was talking about, that special_ could be what the ,medal.txt is using, plus, I think theres a way to simply add abilities, and if we cant use current ways, we can use other ways, Im still looking into it, but yeah, that special txt seems to mabey have a way to do it.. as I agree with you, WTF is that special_ stuff? Seems like it could be related? Mabey? Thats why I pointed it out :)

I Think there mabey somthing were not seeing, mabey if we search for that special_ in other files it may lead to ideas? I dont have time to do it ATM, but Ill check it out tommarrow and see what I find..

It could be in the exe, but I dont think so, Im almost possitive its not, its somthing we have to find, it would be nice if the devs actually read posts here and could help us out now and then :/

But then the devs never help in mod aspects in the game and there clearly gone here :(

But Im sure we will figure it out! I believe its in our grasp and were close to getting it.. when we do it will help all of us especially bladeking77 to build on his great mod here!

ShadowTek
05-30-2011, 12:23 AM
Here is crazy idea : attack/defense is limited to 300% dmg inflicted, and 30% dmg received, but intellect isn`t and we can make sick dmg with spells lategame. Every int +5% spells dmg, every 7 int +15% more, and duration to some spells (what are those spells since i cant figure it out). So how about adding %crit chance every 9 attack, and resistance% every 5 defense point (or something like that, i havent done math on this, but just to shout it out). For ppl who doesn`t like to spam protective spells and prolong battles to 10 round just to get guardian medal, but still want res% to units, or cant use to much pet dragon to get blind rage medal.
Thought`s ?

I dont see why that wouldnt work, I'll have a look at the %crit chance and resistance% but I cant see offhand that it wouldnt work, afterall its all math..

I think that would add some nice benifits to the game, not sure on those numbers, (adding %crit chance every 9 attack, and resistance% every 5 defense point but that could be cool.) you or we would have to do some in game testing, have you tried it yet?

EDIT: theres 72 files that refer to special_ I'll have to go through and narrow it down..

ShadowTek
05-30-2011, 12:34 AM
Ok, I lied, heres all the files that refer to special_

Theres 72 of them, these are from the orcs.ks file..

we can eliminate them one by one to figure it out, this is on topic as what we discover is for/can help our friend bladeking77 out :)

plus as you stated, Im convinced the answer is in these files, and if not well, at least we will learn what the special_ does, as you are right.. its all mess up together, this peticular thing..

PS.. Make this thread a sticky!! As this is the best american mod to come out, and we are all focusing on it to help our friend bladeking77 out :)

Fatt_Shade
05-30-2011, 01:33 AM
OK f...k this, i just read bunch of txt lng files and couldnt find a single reference to medal lvlup counter, and spell casts.
Shadowtek i think were wasting time, because only special_ we need is one refering to magic_shield since it`s only unit talent that counts toward medal lvlup. Checked all arena.lua file 158 Kb of text :-( and there is nothing conecting any spells needed for medals with actual medal lvl`s. Only thing is in special_attacks.lng and i get how it works but i cant make it lvlup medal, only counts castings but doesn`t actualy add lvl after that.
I managed to do at least something with all this files : i added new human archer (from bowman for 25 trophies), and champion (from horseman for 200 trophies) in battle academy upgrades.
And about +crit% and +res% with more attack or deffense i just tohught about it, i`ll try it next couple of days and report results. But i think it can be nice since int is much more interesting to build then att/def because of their limits.

grimeleven
05-30-2011, 01:59 AM
They are totally immune to magic, just like Black Dragons.

Awesome mod so far, tho if anyone wants this unit not magic immune, i'll attach a file to mod it.

Doing so maybe makes this unit too powerful but you guys could suggest a way to re-balance things a bit, maybe -20% poison?. Some prefer not using blackies because of it, no resurrect etc.. so i thought this change could make the azure into a different spot in the line-up.

edit, copy the .atom file into adventure\ootm_v2 folder

bladeking77
05-30-2011, 07:25 AM
First of: Special.txt contains info about overtime bonuses, and only overtime bonuses. (Stuff that you gain for several rounds from units! ex: Royal Griffins - Cheer, Inquisitors - Holy Rage, Archmages - Magic Shield...)

Now on to the topic about medals. If you go to Editor and dig deeper you'll discover all existing Global Variables (GVs and only GVs are used as medal counters). You can also see that all Spells Cast and Units/Troops Killed are listed as global variables - This tells you that all spells and troop kills can be placed as requirements for medals (I think). What you will also notice is that only Talent Use as global variable is Magic Shield.
Now, the question is: Is it possible to add/manipulate any new global variables (for instance: prayer_used), how to do it, and will the game accept these new variables?
So far, everything seemed okay except when it's time to level up, game does nothing, which led me to believe that the problem was in the kb.exe (though I hope I'm wrong).

About +crit% and +res% with more attack or defense... I'll also try to help. :)

grimeleven
05-30-2011, 07:38 AM
Hey Bladeking btw i just noticed a typo on the medals, Guardian Angel level 2 and up info tooltip says resistance 5% but it actually is 4%

In medals.txt = rbonus=physical,4,0,0,-100,0,0 then goes to 6% etc..

Not sure if the tooltip can be altered anyway. Will report if i find anything else.

Thanks for the mod :-)

ShadowTek
05-30-2011, 08:12 AM
bladeking77 I understand what you are saying, and like you, I hope you are wrong lol, but Im sure we can figure it out, I still think theres a way to do this, thanks for the explanation of the special_ stuff, that will save time looking lol, but I also see what you mean about the prayer_used maniputation, you may be right about that, but what about adding new code to do new things for var 4 and 5 or are you saying that we simply have to use what we have and we cant go outside of that ever? Even if we add existing code to do what we want? Is it a medal thing? Anyway, its 4am here see ya tommarrow, glad theres some active moders here!!

bladeking77
05-30-2011, 09:43 AM
@grimeleven:

Oh, my mistake, thanks for letting me know. It can easily be fixed in eng_rewards.lng. :)

@ShadowTek:

I'm not sure what you mean by "do new things for var 4 and 5", but it's possible to do pretty much everything except adding new requirements for medals. Medals can go to any level you want. The only thing I don't know how to do, as I noted several times already, is creating new global variables, and putting them as medal requirements.

On other note, I managed to make it so that you gain bonuses as you increase your Attack/Defense.
So far the settings are set so you would get +1% to critical chance for every 5 attack and +1% to all resistances for every 5 defense. :)

Fatt_Shade
05-30-2011, 11:28 AM
I dont except that something is impossible in this game, `impy` finished game in 14 battles using only repair droids :-)
Ok i`ll try finding something in editor about medal requirements. In mod folder files there is only how many castings, and what bonus we get from medals that can be altered so that`s it. Time to search on other places :-(
And about +crit% and +res% with att/deff where you moded it (what file)? I was to tired to check that at 4am, and you already said it`s doable.
And bladeking what`s up with your new quest in adventure 1.1 version, castle on debir. How do i make it `build` more units. like oyu had on first picture on 1 page of tread ?

bladeking77
05-30-2011, 12:51 PM
About the castle. Everything should work fine. Are you sure you copied all the necessary files. The files you need are: all .act, .chat, eng_chat..., .qst and maybe .lu, and of course all .loc files related to debir (and maybe some other).
I just checked again, everything works as intended. If you are sure that you copied all the necessary files, specify your problem further, so I could solve it easier. :)

For crit% and res%, look at the arena.lua I attached (it's actually a .rar file I renamed to .zip so I could attach it :)). Search for these lines at 2 places:

local defenseb=Logic.hero_lu_item("defense","count")
defenseb = defenseb/5
local attackb=Logic.hero_lu_item("attack","count")
attackb = attackb/5

if defenseb > 0 then
for a=1, Attack.act_count()-1 do
if Attack.act_ally(a) then
local resistp = Attack.act_get_res(a,"physical")
Attack.act_attach_modificator_res(a, "physical", "scp", defenseb, 0, 0, -100, false, 0, true)
local resisto = Attack.act_get_res(a,"poison")
Attack.act_attach_modificator_res(a, "poison", "sco", defenseb, 0, 0, -100, false, 0, true)
local resistm = Attack.act_get_res(a,"magic")
Attack.act_attach_modificator_res(a, "magic", "scm", defenseb, 0, 0, -100, false, 0, true)
local resistf = Attack.act_get_res(a,"fire")
Attack.act_attach_modificator_res(a, "fire", "scf", defenseb, 0, 0, -100, false, 0, true)
local resista = Attack.act_get_res(a,"astral")
Attack.act_attach_modificator_res(a, "astral", "sca", defenseb, 0, 0, -100, false, 0, true)
end
end
end
if attackb > 0 then
for a=1, Attack.act_count()-1 do
if Attack.act_ally(a) then
Attack.act_attach_modificator(a, "krit", "sck", attackb, 0, 0, -100, false, 0, true)
end
end
end

If you stare at them for long enough, you'll understand what each line does. :rolleyes: It's not perfect as in one case (when I maxed all skills) my paladins had 53% physical resistance when they should only have 52%. And the bonuses can not be seen outside battle.
However, it's a good start. And don't forget to note in eng_hero.lng that the hero will gain bonuses for increasing her attack/defense. :)

Fatt_Shade
05-30-2011, 02:15 PM
Nice work with +res% and +crit%, seeing this i would never make it functional :-)
It pretty simple looking it this way, but i only wonder why you after function body have 3 times :
end
end
end ?
You have 2 if start:
if defenseb > 0 then
if Attack.act_ally(a) then.
So i ask why closing 3 functions, when only 2 started ?
It works, and it`s great but every 5 points of att/def . . . seems a bit much. But with you already making string, it`s easy to alter it (to something every point of attack gives 10% crit :-P
And about editor, i checked it and found in your mod sessions/items/medals you placed 4/5 line there, and in original campaign it`s only 1/2/3 lvl medals. How did you add those lines ? My editor crashes when ever i try to change something in that area.
Beside changing those lines, also medals.txt and eng_rewards should be changed to match settings in editor but i think this should work. You mentioned couple posts above that almost everything can be modded except medal requirements. But you already added 2 new lines in editor to make your 4/5th medal lvls work. So how come spell required itself cant be changed ?

bladeking77
05-30-2011, 02:58 PM
Two ends are for if and one is, I think, for for. :grin:

Yeah, I set those settings for testing purposes, it can be changed to anything. :)

Anyway, I had no idea that medals can be edited in Editor, (silly me :rolleyes:)so thanks a bunch for letting me know. This way, there actually might be a chance to make this work. :)

Now, I don't know which function to use... There is this great Russian site that lists all (or most of) the lua functions, but ever since I reinstalled my windows, I erased it from my browser's history and can't find it.
If anyone knows how to find it, it would really help me.

Fatt_Shade
05-30-2011, 03:34 PM
Also if you manage to change medal requirements, add azure dragons to dragon slayer medal because now it wont count for medal lvlup. Since you managed to somehow add 2 more lines in all medals i`m sure there is way to change requirements.
I dont get it, is my editor buged, or what. I go editor/adventure/some dungeon/sesion/items and as soon as point cursor on some medal it crashes. So no mater what i change in mod files, as long as editor doesnt accept those changes my idea is just thought on paper :-(
It`s definite, my editor is having some serious problems. So i`ll try to dl full 11 B version, but until then here are something for others to have fun with : 4/5th spell lvl`s :-D You gave me this idea with new medal lvl, so why not expanding it. Since i couldn`t find how to make new spell place in spellbook (there is only way to replace already existing one) for poison_touch (my idea of hell breath counterpart), help killing dragons and demons. Or i`ll just drop fit of energy and place this instead.
So there`s little project for moders get spells 2 more lvls, but with higher lvl come high mana cost and it would limit castings. So dont go crazy ppl, or only mage would have any use of this.

bladeking77
05-30-2011, 04:17 PM
Hm, I just managed to do it, (at least I think it should work this time) but if your editor crashes as you try to edit medals, then that's going to be a problem.
The thing is to set the requirements as Hero variables instead of Global variables.
The problem is that the changes I make in Editor affect the game, but don't seem to affect any files, or at least I haven't found any changes in them. :confused:
So, the solution would be for you to edit medals yourself, but as I said, if your editor crashes as you try to edit them, then that's a problem.

BTW, the editor so far seems like it's an Alpha version. It crashes like crazy, which is why I think it's cool that Russians managed to make a couple of new islands despite all the crashes. I also had a Russian version of the game, and it was as buggy as the English one...

Fatt_Shade
05-31-2011, 04:37 AM
Well i decided to drop trying to make my buged editor work, and just play this mod and it`s hilarious :-)
Kited Scarlet-Rusty-Verona-Bolo got couple ot archmages and 1 azure dragon, and started spaming for medals from Debir island and what it`s hilarious :
1) Guardian angel medal 5th lvl on 32 battles, azure dragons 55/35/95/75/55 % resistances
2) Traper medal 5th lvl on 70 battles, trap 1700-3000 dmg for 5 mana :-P
3) Blind rage i think it`s actualy doable to get at least 4th lvl with mage
. . .
Here i think 2,2 times stronger enemy army`s aren`t enough :-D
Only problem i got horible int items for this mage playthrough, but i fixed problems i had with mixed up skills, and with warrior all works well so i might turn to Shrek build i started and finaly try that idea out. Have fun ppl, take care :-D

Fatt_Shade
05-31-2011, 07:20 PM
I run into one big problem with your mod bladeking : i`m 43 lvl, and have pet on 51 lvl :-) Only 1 lvl in training, but new dragon slayer medal lvl`s are pretty big bonus.
Were going to need pet lvl`s up to 65 at least. I checked and found pet.atom (for skill lvl`s dmg/rage cost etc), and arena.txt for pet lvlup and epx needed for it. Is there anything more i`ll need to change dragon cub lvl`s. Adding 1 more skill lvl should be enough like : more mana with accelerator (30 rage/mana), +1 chest (10 rage), +1 lava attack (more rage less rest), less astral dmg to ally troops(more rage), +1 lightning ball charge(more rage). I dont plan to make it stronger, just to allow more lvl`s since in earlier games almost every time i got dragon cub to 60 lvl before hero, and then just used mana regen/diging chests/lightning ball which got boring pretty fast :-( Using just 3 dragon skills isn`t much fun, so i plan to make it usefull to spend all that rage to get at least some more exp for that little bastard :-)
So pet.atom and arena.txt . . . do you know if there`s anything more i need for this.

bladeking77
06-01-2011, 06:20 AM
I run into one big problem with your mod bladeking : i`m 43 lvl, and have pet on 51 lvl :-) Only 1 lvl in training, but new dragon slayer medal lvl`s are pretty big bonus.
Were going to need pet lvl`s up to 65 at least. I checked and found pet.atom (for skill lvl`s dmg/rage cost etc), and arena.txt for pet lvlup and epx needed for it. Is there anything more i`ll need to change dragon cub lvl`s. Adding 1 more skill lvl should be enough like : more mana with accelerator (30 rage/mana), +1 chest (10 rage), +1 lava attack (more rage less rest), less astral dmg to ally troops(more rage), +1 lightning ball charge(more rage). I dont plan to make it stronger, just to allow more lvl`s since in earlier games almost every time i got dragon cub to 60 lvl before hero, and then just used mana regen/diging chests/lightning ball which got boring pretty fast :-( Using just 3 dragon skills isn`t much fun, so i plan to make it usefull to spend all that rage to get at least some more exp for that little bastard :-)
So pet.atom and arena.txt . . . do you know if there`s anything more i need for this.

See, that's why I wanted to increase experience needed for pet's levels. :P
Anyway, I never tried to add new levels for pet's skills, but I can't think of any other files you'll need. Maybe, just maybe, some .lng files related to Pet Dragon.

Fatt_Shade
06-01-2011, 09:14 PM
I was checking red_sands files to see what they added/changed and came upon some missing in this mod also in items.txt :
horseman shield, drill, virgin set, horseman gloves, sandals of martyr add champion for bonus,
i also added champion in knight set items for bonus att/def, but didnt give them set bonus (-leadreship%) just individual item bonus,
steam armor, arbaleth, black band, telescopic sight, elven bow, live bow, astral bow, thunder musket, fire crossbow, yew bow, skill bow, martyr sandal, virgin set, critical set add human archer bonus ,
rehha shield, storm eye, dragon eye, dragon heart, dragon teeth necklace add azure dragon for bonus.
special_params.lng :
sp_lead_orc {
cmc=1
params {
units=orc,orc2 . . . catapult, and ogre are missing here

I thought about removing -1 speed on martyr sandals for animals/droid . . just to leave speed penalty to bipedal creatures (all creatures on 2 legs). Thoughts ?
And question about +res% +crit% you did couple posts before, where did you find reference for int bonus, i wonder how they make other bonus for every 7 int points, and every 20 point longer spells (still have no idea which those spells are). I tried your change in arena.lua and it works great bonus are showed in battles. But now i was thinking what to add every 15 att/def ?
To add new strings in arena but to change into

local defensee=Logic.hero_lu_item("defense","count")
defensee = defensee/15
local attacke=Logic.hero_lu_item("attack","count")
attacke = attacke/15 . . .

and then to figure out something to add, maybe for defense +3% HP to units (like steal defender item), for attack i have no idea.

shinjiikuri
06-06-2011, 04:32 PM
Just wanted to ask, where is the quest to own your own castle located at? It is available right at the beginning? Just wanted to check if the mod loaded correctly.

bladeking77
06-06-2011, 06:30 PM
Just wanted to ask, where is the quest to own your own castle located at? It is available right at the beginning? Just wanted to check if the mod loaded correctly.

Yes, you can take it from Bogard, right across the first castle (Frederick's). :)
Enjoy the mod, if it works. :grin:

shinjiikuri
06-09-2011, 02:40 AM
Thanks! Just wanted to double check but did you edit the lightning ability of the archmage? Since the ability seems to work on some units ( aka bears) but doesn't work on others (royal snake).

Oh and the dragon building for my own castle was suppose to give me two units of dragon, however, it only gave me one unit of dragons, although is was a huge stack of 150 red dragon.

bladeking77
06-09-2011, 07:23 AM
Oh and the dragon building for my own castle was suppose to give me two units of dragon, however, it only gave me one unit of dragons, although is was a huge stack of 150 red dragon.

Yeah, if it gives you less unit stacks than it says, it just means that it gave you two stacks of the same unit.

shinjiikuri
06-09-2011, 08:45 AM
Lol, I guessed that might be it. Btw, there seems to be a bug with the level 4 guardian angel medals. I have just achieved that level 3 guardian angel medal , but the count resets to zero.

I got the following message when I hover over the guardian angel medal.
"[reward_guardian_angel_cond4] NF 0/300"

The medal for level 3 treasure hunter works fine though,

Edit: Ok, managed to solve part of the problem. Apparently the eng_reward.lng file is missing some of the hints for level 4 and 5 medals. Solved it by copy and pasting in hints for everything. However, the spell count for the guardian angel medal has still reset to zero. Does anyone know where the file storing " number of spells cast" is located?

Fatt_Shade
06-13-2011, 06:14 PM
Hello ppl i`we been absent some time, but i`m back :-)
@shinjiikuri check my post on 4th page of this tread, and you should fix problme with 4/5th medal lvls (if you havent already done that).

gimpz
07-13-2011, 03:08 PM
This looks like the perfect mods. I've been thinking of some of these changes myself. There are many things you've improved that were annoying before. It would be nice if you also made a description of the new items you've added and their item codes(in case we won't get them in our game). I've seen one so far and it's the Ring of Ancient Kings. A very interesting item but a bit overpowered. It's very expensive though which kinda makes up for it. :)

zhaozhilong
07-18-2011, 04:49 AM
Hi All

I have done as per the instruction

C:\Program Files\Kings Bounty Armored Princess\adventure

and extracted adventure.rar to the folder above + copying all the .png files.

But I still cannot choose Adventure option ?

Did I missed out anything ?:confused:

bladeking77
07-18-2011, 09:06 AM
Did you put it in the "sessions" folder? It has to be in there to work!

C:\Program Files\Kings Bounty Armored Princess\adventure <- Not good.

C:\Program Files\Kings Bounty Armored Princess\sessions\adventure <- Good.

infernal1800
07-19-2011, 09:41 AM
Hi everybody, i love playing this game and i've decided to make my own campaign with my brother base on main campaign, redsands and this mod. Right now, my campaign has all of original islands, redsands island, 2 small islands (6x6) and a moderate-big island (10x10) which i nearly finish it. I found that the original game was too easy because their is no point using low level creatures such as devil fish; peasant or even level 4 like assassin, polar bear. People often use level 5 creature and strategies such as repair droid or blacknight, paladin with phantom etc.So, i decided to increase the price of higher level creature while keep or even decrease the price of lower level creature. For example: a black dragon cost about 40k gold to buy while a sea dog cost only 100 gold. Furthermore, i increase the enemy's strength up to 300% (impossible) and decrease the gold income as well as mana recover speed/rage flow ... I have a some questions:

-Actually, i haven't beaten the game yet :D i decide to stop playing and start making maps when i was in Montero. Can you guys give me some advises on difficulty. Did i'm too arrogant or enemy will be more nasty after Montero. Any recommendation will be appreciated.

-In my oppinion, the game editor is quite powerful, why you guys complained too much about it. I know it can cause crashes and you will lose your progress but this is not a big problem if you save the progress more often

-For bladeking77: are you still making a next version of your mod, i mean adventure v1.2. Why don't you use the exp system of Redsands mod ?

Sorry for my bad English :)

langtu87
07-19-2011, 12:04 PM
Yeah, with one slot strategy, impossible in origimal game is so easy.
It even make me want quit want get hand on black knight. Too simple and repeatly combat. I think your opinion it really good. But I think if you can make sysem like exp: The more hero use one type creatures, the more this type creature decrease stats (like decrease 10% att, def, HP for Black Dragon after hero use this at 100 combat) :). It will require player can think more strategy.

infernal1800
07-19-2011, 01:25 PM
Yeah, with one slot strategy, impossible in origimal game is so easy.
It even make me want quit want get hand on black knight. Too simple and repeatly combat. I think your opinion it really good. But I think if you can make sysem like exp: The more hero use one type creatures, the more this type creature decrease stats (like decrease 10% att, def, HP for Black Dragon after hero use this at 100 combat) :). It will require player can think more strategy.

hey langtu87 i have sent a private message to you.

I think i cannot change the exp system as you said. Because it is too complicated. I just use the same system as redsand but i increase the strength of enemy. I also reduce the effect of phantom because it is a very powerful spell. The enemy also can gain exp so it won't be overpower.

gimpz
07-20-2011, 12:57 PM
I tried to edit the troop count in your mod but the changes doesn't have any effect if I change Bolo or Debir. Have you done anything weird to them that makes it impossible to save? Maybe some kind of protection?

zhaozhilong
07-21-2011, 10:22 PM
Lol, I guessed that might be it. Btw, there seems to be a bug with the level 4 guardian angel medals. I have just achieved that level 3 guardian angel medal , but the count resets to zero.

I got the following message when I hover over the guardian angel medal.
"[reward_guardian_angel_cond4] NF 0/300"

Hi All

I have the same problem as Shinjiikuri

Is it because of level=1 ? what does it mean ? or order=10 or complex=1, anyone knows what it means...

The change I made versus the original is that I have changed the requirement and added fire rain....

Please comment :)

Here is my medal file...

medal_fire_mage_2 {
category=o
image=heroitem_medal_fire_mage.png
hint_config=object_item
label=itm_medal_fire_mage_2_name
hint=itm_medal_fire_mage_2_hint
information_label=
maphint=
mapinfo=
price=10
maxcount=0
level=1
race=human
use {}
mods {
mana=limit,10
}
propbits=medal
params {
max1=40
max2=100
max3=170
max4=280
max5=400
order=10
complex=1
param=0
var1=spells_used-spell_fire_arrow,spells_used-spell_shroud,spells_used-spell_fire_breath,spells_used-spell_fire_ball,spells_used-spell_fire_rain
var2=spells_used-spell_fire_arrow,spells_used-spell_shroud,spells_used-spell_fire_breath,spells_used-spell_fire_ball,spells_used-spell_fire_rain
var3=spells_used-spell_fire_arrow,spells_used-spell_shroud,spells_used-spell_fire_breath,spells_used-spell_fire_ball,spells_used-spell_fire_rain
var4=spells_used-spell_fire_arrow,spells_used-spell_shroud,spells_used-spell_fire_breath,spells_used-spell_fire_ball,spells_used-spell_fire_rain
var5=spells_used-spell_fire_arrow,spells_used-spell_shroud,spells_used-spell_fire_breath,spells_used-spell_fire_ball,spells_used-spell_fire_rain
}

Sir Whiskers
07-22-2011, 12:18 AM
I'm no expert on modding, but based on what little I've done with KB, your change looks okay to me. Did you make identical changes to the other entries for the medal? Each entry has to have the same values shown below for it to work.

max1=40
max2=100
max3=170
max4=280
max5=400
order=10
complex=1
param=0
var1=spells_used-spell_fire_arrow,spells_used-spell_shroud,spells_used-spell_fire_breath,spells_used-spell_fire_ball,spells_used-spell_fire_rain
var2=spells_used-spell_fire_arrow,spells_used-spell_shroud,spells_used-spell_fire_breath,spells_used-spell_fire_ball,spells_used-spell_fire_rain
var3=spells_used-spell_fire_arrow,spells_used-spell_shroud,spells_used-spell_fire_breath,spells_used-spell_fire_ball,spells_used-spell_fire_rain
var4=spells_used-spell_fire_arrow,spells_used-spell_shroud,spells_used-spell_fire_breath,spells_used-spell_fire_ball,spells_used-spell_fire_rain
var5=spells_used-spell_fire_arrow,spells_used-spell_shroud,spells_used-spell_fire_breath,spells_used-spell_fire_ball,spells_used-spell_fire_rain

zhaozhilong
07-22-2011, 12:39 AM
Done that Sir Whiskers...

I am wondering also whether the funny characters after the logic also has to be changed....

:-P

Belcanzor
07-22-2011, 03:32 AM
Critters in your mod lvl up like Red Sand ones?
I try your mod anyway.

Sir Whiskers
07-22-2011, 10:34 AM
Done that Sir Whiskers...

I am wondering also whether the funny characters after the logic also has to be changed....

:-P

Yep, that was my thought also. Can't help you there, though. I've never been good at hex editing, unless someone else first figured out where in the string each value is stored.

DeepSoul
07-22-2011, 07:07 PM
This mod crashes the game for me when I try to go up the stairs to the second floor of The Wizard's Tower. Anyone else have this problem? Looks like I have to screw the tower, because this mod is worth it but it would be nice if I could get past it somehow. Perhaps a fix is in order?

bladeking77
07-23-2011, 07:12 AM
-Actually, i haven't beaten the game yet :D i decide to stop playing and start making maps when i was in Montero. Can you guys give me some advises on difficulty. Did i'm too arrogant or enemy will be more nasty after Montero. Any recommendation will be appreciated.

-In my oppinion, the game editor is quite powerful, why you guys complained too much about it. I know it can cause crashes and you will lose your progress but this is not a big problem if you save the progress more often

-For bladeking77: are you still making a next version of your mod, i mean adventure v1.2. Why don't you use the exp system of Redsands mod ?

Sorry for my bad English :)

1) In my opinion. Armored Princess is only difficult in the beginning. Namely, until you reach 20+ level, defeat Hagni, get Pegasus, and with some luck, steal maps for all islands, then you go gathering goods, completing free quests for lots of exp., and from there the game gets only easier. Only Bosses and high level heroes can provide a challenge. Off course, I'm talking about impossible difficulty here, lower difficulties are always easy. :)

2) I don't know about you, but editing terrain on my editor is impossible. after 10-20 seconds of applying textures, or leveling terrain editor inevitably crashes. I have multiple games installed, and it's the same on all of them. Not sure what causes this problem, but there are no crashes when I try to do the same on other computers. And even before this issue has arisen, I remember that the editor was buggy and hard to work with.
Beside these issues, editor is quite useful for other stuff.

3) I am not currently working on newer version, but I might release it in the future. I thought about using exp system from RS, but I don't know which files should I copy for it to not cause any bugs.

DeepSoul
07-25-2011, 10:47 PM
Just a question. How do you change the difficulty of the enemy back to 150%? Normal is too easy for me but I feel like 175% is a bit much.

And one more thing. When I came to Verona with your mod, I didn't see any sign of Halt and Azzak. But when I look in the editor they have a 100% spawn chance so it's really weird. Have you touched those troops at all?

infernal1800
07-26-2011, 05:32 PM
1) In my opinion. Armored Princess is only difficult in the beginning. Namely, until you reach 20+ level, defeat Hagni, get Pegasus, and with some luck, steal maps for all islands, then you go gathering goods, completing free quests for lots of exp., and from there the game gets only easier. Only Bosses and high level heroes can provide a challenge. Off course, I'm talking about impossible difficulty here, lower difficulties are always easy. :)

2) I don't know about you, but editing terrain on my editor is impossible. after 10-20 seconds of applying textures, or leveling terrain editor inevitably crashes. I have multiple games installed, and it's the same on all of them. Not sure what causes this problem, but there are no crashes when I try to do the same on other computers. And even before this issue has arisen, I remember that the editor was buggy and hard to work with.
Beside these issues, editor is quite useful for other stuff.

3) I am not currently working on newer version, but I might release it in the future. I thought about using exp system from RS, but I don't know which files should I copy for it to not cause any bugs.

One more question, I saw your post somewhere in the forum that you could open KBTL maps in the editor. Can you explain how to do that, I try many times but i just cant open it by any way :(

bladeking77
07-26-2011, 07:14 PM
@DeepSoul:

I did not edit their positions. From my experience gathered from multiple play-troughs, Halt can either be on Verona or Montero and it's similar with Azzak. It's completely normal for them not to be there, that is, in my opinion. :)

@infernal1800:

I'm not sure how "exactly" I did it, but you can try copying the folder inside the "sessions" folder from The Legend to "sessions" folder in Crossworlds. They do have some incompatibilities, which it will report, but it should open it fine.
If it doesn't work, let me know, and I'll try to look into it. :)

sunblaze
07-26-2011, 07:43 PM
OK.....

So I tried your mod and so far it looks fine, but I constantly get pop-up windows where some sort of recource is requested. Seems like missing files or missing links. I did a complete reinstall and installed everything new but no change.

Also many descriptions seems missing and only show the link of the variable and not the text itself. Examples of that are King Frederick's last comment at the beginning or various skill-descriptions.

Anything I maybe missed to install?

infernal1800
07-27-2011, 06:28 AM
@DeepSoul:

I did not edit their positions. From my experience gathered from multiple play-troughs, Halt can either be on Verona or Montero and it's similar with Azzak. It's completely normal for them not to be there, that is, in my opinion. :)

@infernal1800:

I'm not sure how "exactly" I did it, but you can try copying the folder inside the "sessions" folder from The Legend to "sessions" folder in Crossworlds. They do have some incompatibilities, which it will report, but it should open it fine.
If it doesn't work, let me know, and I'll try to look into it. :)

I tried copying the session folder of KBTL but editor cant load it or cant find it. May be those objects in KBTL are different compare to KBCW. Any ideas :confused:

hardy87
07-27-2011, 11:38 AM
This is a mod for King's Bounty: Crossworlds, man !

DeepSoul
07-31-2011, 12:13 AM
It's a nice idea that you can have your own castle but why is there no undead baracks?

infernal1800
07-31-2011, 04:23 AM
It's a nice idea that you can have your own castle but why is there no undead baracks?

Yes I agree with you, undead is a great race to use and funny to play. I think the game designer hate those creature because the undead race suffer many disadvantages such as holy anger skill, holy warriors like paladin can inflict 50% more damage to the undead... The most annoying thing when you're playing the undead is the decreasing morale they cause to other race. The demon has the same fate too.

Maybe bladeking77 also hate the undead so he dont want us to use those greeny faces or skeleton :)

Fatt_Shade
07-31-2011, 09:18 AM
Yes I agree with you, undead is a great race to use and funny to play. I think the game designer hate those creature because the undead race suffer many disadvantages such as holy anger skill, holy warriors like paladin can inflict 50% more damage to the undead... The most annoying thing when you're playing the undead is the decreasing morale they cause to other race. The demon has the same fate too.

Maybe bladeking77 also hate the undead so he dont want us to use those greeny faces or skeleton :)

But you forgot that undead are easy`s race to keep alive, and have some of best leadership/dmg ratio in game (skeleton archers, black knights, bone dragons).
Game developers don`t hate undead, they overpowered them since
KB-TL and left them as strongest race so far.
And sickest combo in game is with undead : Moro Dark + black knights, and they have some of best item sets also(darkness, undead sets), and it`s only trace that get bonus initiative/attack from hero with dark commander skill(no other race get such bonus). As for negative morale to other races, it`s normal (elves and dwarves give each other morale penalty, why should they like undead/demons?). if you dont like low morale, plat undead+neutrals, or undead+demons no morale problem with that combination.

infernal1800
07-31-2011, 02:47 PM
But you forgot that undead are easy`s race to keep alive, and have some of best leadership/dmg ratio in game (skeleton archers, black knights, bone dragons).
Game developers don`t hate undead, they overpowered them since
KB-TL and left them as strongest race so far.
And sickest combo in game is with undead : Moro Dark + black knights, and they have some of best item sets also(darkness, undead sets), and it`s only trace that get bonus initiative/attack from hero with dark commander skill(no other race get such bonus). As for negative morale to other races, it`s normal (elves and dwarves give each other morale penalty, why should they like undead/demons?). if you dont like low morale, plat undead+neutrals, or undead+demons no morale problem with that combination.

I agree with you that undead race has some strong creature compare to other race but i disagree that the undead is overpower. I dont know much about KBTL but in crossworld, the undead and demon have a nasty drawback that only the spell evlin can resurrect them and nothing can heal them at all. That is the reason why we dont have any strategies to finish a no loss run with demon or undead except Black Knight with Evlin and heavy defensive spell or something like that. In the other hand, any creature of human race is quite strong compare to the others. Runemage has resurrect spell, summon spell,a powerful attack spell that similar with red dragon's fire breath and his strength and resistance can be beefed up by runes. Human also has Paladin who can resurrect up to six ally troop and damage the undead and demon at the same time, he also can give turn to friendly troop without completing his turn and he has very high stats and resistances. What else do you need from a level 4 creature? Dont forget that human still has inquisitor, he can resurrect your troop and give you a huge amount of rage. Beside those units, swordman, guardsman and bowman are decent units for non-no loss run.

I myself dont like playing no loss because it just make the game boring. I like creating new maps, new campaign with new challenges. Not just repeat those black knights, droids, paladins with old spell like phantom, elvin etc :)

Fatt_Shade
07-31-2011, 09:21 PM
Hm undead AREN`T overpowered ??? :-)
Lets check this out :
skeleton archer best leadership/dmg ratio in game, and i think they are strongest 1st lvl unit,
ghost/cursed ghost/ghost pirates completly sick for enemy phisical dmg dealers, no need to buy them they grow by themselves,
vampires/ancient vampires no retaliation, life drain, no CRIT hit (sick unit)
black knights with shard of darkness most OP unit in game,
necromancers, great for +1 morale undead, and aoe attack for lots of rage, good suport unit,
bone dragons aoe poison attack, against all living/demon/dragon units great dmg, cause low resistances.
All undead have pretty low leadership per unit. I know only way to keep no loss is evlin, but it`s requierd for ranged units vampires/ghosts keep their own numbers with life drain skills, but on other hand evlin have highest resurrecting % in game.
As you mentioned human units are great picks, but i stoped using them because they bored me like you. Paladin is great suport with phantom spell, inquisitor also, rune mage is overpriced and his rail gun attack isnt that great because his low speed and attack, horseman is sick with warrior counterattack skill. But comparing human with undead i must say every undead have better leadership/dmg ratio then their human counterpart.
And human item sets are weaker then undead.
And if you look for overpowerd unit/combo try solo asmodean in red sands mod :-) it`s so easy, it`s not even funny :-)
i tryed many builds and hero combinations, and they all have up and down sides it only depends what you like in this game and there is so much to like.I only wish that they somehow balance all choices in game like all archer build is totaly sick (triger, paladin-archer-elf-hunter-5th unit by choice or moldok/rakush paladin-blood shaman-goblin-goblin shaman-catapult), full undead army with moro dark 2 undead sets and 3rd lvl evlin. Why there isn`t some interesting full elf build, or some skill to boost mele fighters like quick draw in might skill tree.

infernal1800
08-01-2011, 07:21 AM
Hm undead AREN`T overpowered ??? :-)
Lets check this out :
skeleton archer best leadership/dmg ratio in game, and i think they are strongest 1st lvl unit,
ghost/cursed ghost/ghost pirates completly sick for enemy phisical dmg dealers, no need to buy them they grow by themselves,
vampires/ancient vampires no retaliation, life drain, no CRIT hit (sick unit)
black knights with shard of darkness most OP unit in game,
necromancers, great for +1 morale undead, and aoe attack for lots of rage, good suport unit,
bone dragons aoe poison attack, against all living/demon/dragon units great dmg, cause low resistances.
All undead have pretty low leadership per unit. I know only way to keep no loss is evlin, but it`s requierd for ranged units vampires/ghosts keep their own numbers with life drain skills, but on other hand evlin have highest resurrecting % in game.
As you mentioned human units are great picks, but i stoped using them because they bored me like you. Paladin is great suport with phantom spell, inquisitor also, rune mage is overpriced and his rail gun attack isnt that great because his low speed and attack, horseman is sick with warrior counterattack skill. But comparing human with undead i must say every undead have better leadership/dmg ratio then their human counterpart.
And human item sets are weaker then undead.
And if you look for overpowerd unit/combo try solo asmodean in red sands mod :-) it`s so easy, it`s not even funny :-)
i tryed many builds and hero combinations, and they all have up and down sides it only depends what you like in this game and there is so much to like.I only wish that they somehow balance all choices in game like all archer build is totaly sick (triger, paladin-archer-elf-hunter-5th unit by choice or moldok/rakush paladin-blood shaman-goblin-goblin shaman-catapult), full undead army with moro dark 2 undead sets and 3rd lvl evlin. Why there isn`t some interesting full elf build, or some skill to boost mele fighters like quick draw in might skill tree.

Yes, agree that why there isnt a full elf or dwarf build, those race are totalty weak compare to the others. I will try to tweak them up with a new level 5 Elf race in my mod. Redsand is a great mod (new places, new monsters, new spelsl, items) but I just dont like asmodean because it makes the game stupid :( can anybody give me a reason why our princess has 6 units and just 5 for the enemy? dont forget that this extra unit has godly power that capable of soloing? I will weaken it and change it into a normal monster in my mod :)

I have a question, anybody know how to add more reserve slots :confused:

Fatt_Shade
08-01-2011, 10:06 AM
I agree elf and dwarf races are inferior to human undead, and so much harder to keep alive for no loss, (elf have only faun to resurrect and only plants-thx so much developers wtf am i suposed to do about my archers,unicorns and hordes of fairies in my army, dwarfs are even worse only droids can be kept alive).
Races in game arent balanced, but game have so much potential and with some good ideas, and spare time it all can be moded to interesting situations :-) (my problem is stupid buged editor that crashes every time i try to eidt some item in it, so i ask other ppl to do it for me :-(
As for more reserve slots, check this tread pcbun add it in his mode, so either PM him, or check his mod files and try to figure it out
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=14741 Good luck :-)

infernal1800
08-01-2011, 10:33 AM
Thanks for a quick reply but I cannot figure out how this guy come from chinese can add more reserve slots :(

I want to balance the higher level and lower level creature in my mod because ppl keep using higher level without consider lower level monster. I decided to make a drawback when buying higher level monster by raising the price of them up to 3 times. So that, the player has to consider carefully before decide to buy a level 5 unit :) What do you guys think about it? Any suggestion is appreciated :)

sunblaze
08-02-2011, 01:29 PM
OK.....

So I tried your mod and so far it looks fine, but I constantly get pop-up windows where some sort of recource is requested. Seems like missing files or missing links. I did a complete reinstall and installed everything new but no change.

Also many descriptions seems missing and only show the link of the variable and not the text itself. Examples of that are King Frederick's last comment at the beginning or various skill-descriptions.

Anything I maybe missed to install?

Anyone an idea why I continue to get wierd text during game and bug-messages for missing content?

Sir Whiskers
08-02-2011, 09:43 PM
I want to balance the higher level and lower level creature in my mod because ppl keep using higher level without consider lower level monster. I decided to make a drawback when buying higher level monster by raising the price of them up to 3 times. So that, the player has to consider carefully before decide to buy a level 5 unit :) What do you guys think about it? Any suggestion is appreciated :)

There are several drawbacks to using low level units:
-Many abilities do not affect level 5 units, but do affect the others. Sheep, Hypnotize, taunting, fear (it has no real impact on L5 units), and so on.
-All stacks lose combat power as they take losses. Lower level units have fewer hit points, so such losses tend to be magnified. In addition, healing a level 5 unit is much cheaper than resurrecting lower level units.
-Replacing units after battle can be a royal pain. At the very least, you waste time going back for more. At worst, you run out of a particular unit and have to resort to expedients such as Sacrifice.

Simply changing the gold cost won't balance these drawbacks. The second point can be addressed by lowering the mana cost of the Resurrection spell, or granting units more powerful resurrection abilities. The last point can be addressed by an ability like the Paladin Resurrection skill.

I don't see any simple fix to the first problem, which is sometimes the most troublesome. As those abilities make units more interesting, I wouldn't favor making mass Magic Shackles cheap or some similar change that nerfs such abilities.

I've tried to go through a game with lower level units, but at some point, I always end up in a fight where the troops simply are too vulnerable to enemy abilities and/or spells. Perhaps I could get through such fights, but I'm not inclined to reload over and over while trying. I'd love to see you come up with a fix for this, I'm just not sure what it it.

infernal1800
08-03-2011, 07:14 AM
There are several drawbacks to using low level units:
-Many abilities do not affect level 5 units, but do affect the others. Sheep, Hypnotize, taunting, fear (it has no real impact on L5 units), and so on.
-All stacks lose combat power as they take losses. Lower level units have fewer hit points, so such losses tend to be magnified. In addition, healing a level 5 unit is much cheaper than resurrecting lower level units.
-Replacing units after battle can be a royal pain. At the very least, you waste time going back for more. At worst, you run out of a particular unit and have to resort to expedients such as Sacrifice.

Simply changing the gold cost won't balance these drawbacks. The second point can be addressed by lowering the mana cost of the Resurrection spell, or granting units more powerful resurrection abilities. The last point can be addressed by an ability like the Paladin Resurrection skill.

I don't see any simple fix to the first problem, which is sometimes the most troublesome. As those abilities make units more interesting, I wouldn't favor making mass Magic Shackles cheap or some similar change that nerfs such abilities.

I've tried to go through a game with lower level units, but at some point, I always end up in a fight where the troops simply are too vulnerable to enemy abilities and/or spells. Perhaps I could get through such fights, but I'm not inclined to reload over and over while trying. I'd love to see you come up with a fix for this, I'm just not sure what it it.

Yes, you're right. I have thought about the replacing unit after battle and I think extra reserve slots are the most effective way to fix this issue. Also we can stock all the shop with various of lower unit so we dont have to travel that far :( Maybe I will provide lower unit some talents like summoning,attack spell or more skills. How do you think?

Fatt_Shade
08-03-2011, 07:52 AM
I wouldnt call relationship low/high lvl units so unbalanced as you ppl say it is.
Early game you can lead only couple of 5th lvl units because leadership requirements, and low lvl are your basic power. Later whit more leadership 5th lvls take over that role but still there is no way to compare dmg output of 1-2 lvls with 5th. It all depends of what you want of your army : survivability, tanking while kil enemy with spells, or other . . .
Low lvl units are not suposed to be used with mage, their strenght is in numbers(leadership) and +1dmg items, hight lvl are best for mage due to double cast and high % phantom spell (virtualy doubling army).
I managed 480000 crit with lake fairies and gorgunas once, that is simply not possible with any high lvl unit no matter what buff/debuf you use (girl power build and item set-initiative 13, speed 7, dmg 4-6 on 1st lvl unit).
All i want to say no need to rebalance low/high lvl units, because they all have their roles throughout game, it`s only question what you as player and their commander want of them. No1 can play shrek build and 100% crit archer at same time, just make your mind and lead army, if you want to change 5 reserve slots will be of great help, but keeping 2 diferent army build is simply bad commander :-)

DeepSoul
08-03-2011, 08:28 PM
I agree elf and dwarf races are inferior to human undead, and so much harder to keep alive for no loss, (elf have only faun to resurrect and only plants-thx so much developers wtf am i suposed to do about my archers,unicorns and hordes of fairies in my army, dwarfs are even worse only droids can be kept alive).
Races in game arent balanced, but game have so much potential and with some good ideas, and spare time it all can be moded to interesting situations :-) (my problem is stupid buged editor that crashes every time i try to eidt some item in it, so i ask other ppl to do it for me :-(
As for more reserve slots, check this tread pcbun add it in his mode, so either PM him, or check his mod files and try to figure it out
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=14741 Good luck :-)

It's true that elves and dwarves are a bit weaker but elves can get some nice morale boosts with Fairies, Dryads, Druids, Ents and Unicorns. Ancient Ents have 1400 hp, so you shouldn't need to resurrect them often if you use some protection spell like stoneskin/glot's armor. If you combine Dryads with Royal Thorns and Crown of Blackthorn you will do sick damage with your thorns. On top of that it doesn't matter if the thorns will die. Imagine having lvl 5 Trigger with those. CoB is just too OP so I stopped using it because it was boring. When it comes to resurrection, I think druids should be able to resurrect at least elven units, because they are probably the weakest unit in the game compared to their LS cost. There is no really good all-elven combo but they aren't bad when combined with other troops, like pallys or inquisitors.

Dwarves actually have a good set. It's Set of the young techno-alchemist which boosts your Engineers, Alchemists and Droids. The idea is to let the droids take the damage while your Engineers and Alchemists do the damage. Throw in a Giant for some extra toughness. I haven't tried it myself but it doesn't sound that bad?

Demons can resurrect with eviln? I tried it with my Demoness and they took damage from it. The only ways I found out to resurrect them was with Demonologists or Runemages.

Fatt_Shade
08-03-2011, 09:06 PM
Ok all elven build is great for high moral (with princess set faries have +5 morale, wtf am i suposed to do with it, 3 is more then enough), but that`s it. No elven unit have mass attack, like giants, dragons, necromancers etc. That`s why i said elves are great in huge numbers and with warrior hero, and some +1(poison, fire) dmg item would be nice to have. As for druid resurection, it sound normal to at least ressurect animals: bears, unicorns and such. It stay`s that full elf army is weak considering full human/undead/orc or even dwarf, not to mention all dragon army.
Dwarfes do have nice setup, but their morale is problem, add any other human/neutral unit and no bonus, droids by default have neutral moral all time. They have some interesting builds but all droid is boring, add mechanics,alchemist and giants it`s more interesting but still low dmg output comparing to other races canonner is joke of unit for all ecsept towers, miner/foreman are useless without eachother and even if you have both of those units in army they die easy and no resurrection for them after :-( Dwarf fighter is also useless. Set of young alchemist is nice but hard to complet and your plan to dmg with alchemist/mechanic wont work great because their low speed, in new red sands mod there is new dwarf set Mountain king that is great but also hard to find complet :-(
Demon can resurrect with evlin ??? Who said that :-) i love dmeons/executioners for their retaliations and dmeon rage, it`s just funny to teleport/infernal excange them in enemy army and just watch carnage :-). Bad thing is only couple of buff spells available to them :-( No divine shield, bless, hell breath etc, and resurrection as way to keep them alive is so weak, rune mages are better choice even demonologist are bad because you need alive no magic imune enemy to cast. Demon set is also great, but even with it 360 leadership for executioner is to much. Just comparing 98 LS black knight on whom you cast hell breath, and 288 LS executioner with almost no available buff spells blackie win every time :-( Just not fair.

DeepSoul
08-04-2011, 01:43 AM
Demonologists are great if you get them early. Their demons are expendable and they will take great numbers with them in death. But late game they probably won't be that great. If you have real demon stacks, you would have to be careful with them, since ressing them is hard as already mentioned. I like getting no losses because of the LS bonus and that is needed in harder difficulties. On normal you can probably beat the game with a couple of thorns and no trap bonus at all. ;) There are quite few enemies with magic immunity/resistance in the game. Only dragons, mages and gryphons and you don't fight those very often. There should be a unit vulnerable to magic in any army, if you don't attack a dragon's den.

Runemages are not that great imo. Their revive is weaker than inquisitors and their beam is also quite weak unless you have a lot of unused runes. I would prefer to use all my runes however. Their phantom skill is quite useful though.

DeepSoul
08-04-2011, 06:33 AM
Look how this thread turned into a discussion about units when it should be about adventure mod. I have encountered a bug in this mod. I can't go up to the second level in Wizard's Tower. Am I the only one who has this problem?

infernal1800
08-04-2011, 11:11 AM
Look how this thread turned into a discussion about units when it should be about adventure mod. I have encountered a bug in this mod. I can't go up to the second level in Wizard's Tower. Am I the only one who has this problem?

Come on, Adventure mod is going to close as Bladeking somewhat doesnt care about his topic :)

I totally agree that Elf too weak compare to other race. It is no way using those monster, even Ancient Ent. Despite of 1400 health, he still vulnerable to fire and TOO SLOW. I have beefed up the strength of Elf race in my mod now and they have another level 5 unit which can deal poison damage. Druid now has resurection spell which only affect his race and all other Elf unit have new skills and talent :) Dwarf is also stronger too, does anyone has any ideas to help demon race. I think they're suffering in our game and we gonna help them :(

To deep_soul: I think your problem is the portal lead to the second floor. If you can use the Editor, tell me and I will go into detail how to fix this issue :)

Fatt_Shade
08-04-2011, 11:38 AM
@Deep_soul Ok we did go a bit out of topic, but this forum will die if ppl dont discuss about things, anything as long as it`s connected to KB games. Since developers wont give us any news considering next game in this series, it`s up to gamers to mod and keep this game alive, but for that we need to share ideas,problems/solutions etc to help eachother.
About adventure mod question for Bladeking or any1 who know : to copy champion unit in some other mod whatfiles i need ? Champion.atom , champion.bma , champion.png and . . . i moved those files in red sands but no champion unit anywhere. I edited battle academy file to upgrade horseman to champion but since chat in academy is untranclated (all white text) i cant see can i actualy upgrade it in game.
@infernal1800 For demons i would give something like bonus dmg after each kill, they have interesting change in red sands to get action points, and rage apearance instead killed unit so you could get them some personal buff after killing enemy units, which will go great with demon rage and unlimited retaliation (not overpowered like black knight rising rage), something like +15% dmg after kill. Or skill reset after each enemy kill.

And can some1 actualy add new spell in chaos magic bonus poison dmg, like hell breath but giving +% poison dmg ??? I tried it, but cant add spell slot in book for that new spell.

infernal1800
08-04-2011, 04:52 PM
@Deep_soul Ok we did go a bit out of topic, but this forum will die if ppl dont discuss about things, anything as long as it`s connected to KB games. Since developers wont give us any news considering next game in this series, it`s up to gamers to mod and keep this game alive, but for that we need to share ideas,problems/solutions etc to help eachother.
About adventure mod question for Bladeking or any1 who know : to copy champion unit in some other mod whatfiles i need ? Champion.atom , champion.bma , champion.png and . . . i moved those files in red sands but no champion unit anywhere. I edited battle academy file to upgrade horseman to champion but since chat in academy is untranclated (all white text) i cant see can i actualy upgrade it in game.
@infernal1800 For demons i would give something like bonus dmg after each kill, they have interesting change in red sands to get action points, and rage apearance instead killed unit so you could get them some personal buff after killing enemy units, which will go great with demon rage and unlimited retaliation (not overpowered like black knight rising rage), something like +15% dmg after kill. Or skill reset after each enemy kill.

And can some1 actualy add new spell in chaos magic bonus poison dmg, like hell breath but giving +% poison dmg ??? I tried it, but cant add spell slot in book for that new spell.

Yes, I dont understand why so many people still discuss in king's bounty princess box, why they dont come here?? Perhaps they dont have crossworld or even dont know about the existing of this box.

About balancing the Demon, do you know to make this bonus (15% each kill), can you explain further, I dont know much about how to deal with those special_attack and addon_special_attack files. It's weird that you didnt have the spell slot in magic book, I think you missed somethings :confused: Of course, I like your idea about that new spell, I will give it a try later on :)

For the unit champion, I think you forgot the champion_diff.dds file. I used redsand mod too but I dont copy those rus_*** file (localization) I just need those new units, maps, new skills, talent... not quests and dialogs which I can do it myself :) Champion still spawn in my mod and I dont have any trouble with him. How about Human Archer and Azure Dragon? Can you use them normally or they just disappeared too?

Fatt_Shade
08-04-2011, 08:09 PM
Yea upgrading demons was just idea of top my head, but now that think aobut it i have no clue how to do it actualy :-( In red sand they add featuer to demons that after kill enemy stack rage ball is left on field, if you could find file where that is explained (i cant find it mentioned anywhere) maybe something would come to my mind.
About my spell idea, i can add spell.txt file just changing hell breath mana cost, dmg type from fire to poison, it`s all no problems i used already existing but when i want to add new spell slot in book i cant figure how to do it. Because spell book by default have limited spell slots, since this spell would be +1 in book i cant make it work.
And champion problem, i keep separated adventure and red sands mod, so i at this time i dont have champion in red sands but want him there(new human battle spirit is sick :-) so i wonder what files i need to copy from sessions/adventure_mod to sessions/red_sands_mod/atoms or whereever.

DeepSoul
08-04-2011, 10:04 PM
Speaking about upgrading demons, there is a mod that adds a gate ability to Archdemons, which can resurrect any demon troop. If there is one thing demons need, it's a way to resurrect. They are already powerful in all other aspects.

Fatt_Shade
08-04-2011, 10:44 PM
Yea i tried that `mod`, it`s actually only 1 file changed archdemon that add them 1 ability that resurrect demon units (1 charge, which resets after killing enemy). It`s great idea i agree, but it`s not mod, and it`s not changed demon units only 1. If all demon get ability reset after kill that would be great, but in their default settings they are inferior comparing to undead/human because no resurrection option and lacking of positive spells/buff for them. Archdemon demon gate (in mod you mentioned) ability is nice but it`s not enough to bring demon race to playability throughout game.
And i wouldnt agree they are powerful in all other aspects. Demon/executioners are great tank/dmg units but to high LS, demoness great support but low speed limits her 2 abilities seduce whip attack, and seduce doesnt work on bunch of units (mechanical, undead,plants,animals,5th lvl),archdmeons are great for opening battle and block enemy range units but if you jump in enemy lines first they`ll take serious dmg before rest of army come to help them. And all demons have serious problems with poison resistance. They are great in some battles, but lack supporting units/abilities/spells.

DeepSoul
08-05-2011, 12:08 AM
You are free to do any mods you like but you don't really have to play with only demons. It's possible to combine some units with demons without moral penalties and for the units that suffers from it, you can equip an item that boosts morale or invest in the persuasion skill. Just saying.

infernal1800
08-05-2011, 07:38 AM
Yea upgrading demons was just idea of top my head, but now that think aobut it i have no clue how to do it actualy :-( In red sand they add featuer to demons that after kill enemy stack rage ball is left on field, if you could find file where that is explained (i cant find it mentioned anywhere) maybe something would come to my mind.
About my spell idea, i can add spell.txt file just changing hell breath mana cost, dmg type from fire to poison, it`s all no problems i used already existing but when i want to add new spell slot in book i cant figure how to do it. Because spell book by default have limited spell slots, since this spell would be +1 in book i cant make it work.
And champion problem, i keep separated adventure and red sands mod, so i at this time i dont have champion in red sands but want him there(new human battle spirit is sick :-) so i wonder what files i need to copy from sessions/adventure_mod to sessions/red_sands_mod/atoms or whereever.

I do know the file that adding those rage orb for demon but I dont know how it works. I tried to delete this skill in the file but the Demon still spawn this rage ball or maybe I forgot somethings :confused: You can find it in addon_unit_feature.lua file and look for the line "function inferno_breath(corpse, dmgts)" that's it. The Elf race in Redsands mod also has "Power of the Elemental" which add powerful bonus to the unit depend on the element (fire,water,earth,wind) and I think this is a very powerful skill. Dwarf also has Drunken stance which cool too. I think those guys made Redsands are very good at dealing with those lua files because they made many interesting spells, skill and talents :)

I remembered that Redsands has many new spell for hero. You can look at those spell.txt or spell.lua for more information. I havent tried it yet but perhaps I can understand how it works ;)

About Champion, I you need to put atom file in atom folder; army_champion in army_atom folder; champion.bma in models folder and champion_diff.dds in textures folder.

Speaking about upgrading demons, there is a mod that adds a gate ability to Archdemons, which can resurrect any demon troop. If there is one thing demons need, it's a way to resurrect. They are already powerful in all other aspects.

Can you guys copy the link of this mod for me, I dont know about this mod :confused:

Yea i tried that `mod`, it`s actually only 1 file changed archdemon that add them 1 ability that resurrect demon units (1 charge, which resets after killing enemy). It`s great idea i agree, but it`s not mod, and it`s not changed demon units only 1. If all demon get ability reset after kill that would be great, but in their default settings they are inferior comparing to undead/human because no resurrection option and lacking of positive spells/buff for them. Archdemon demon gate (in mod you mentioned) ability is nice but it`s not enough to bring demon race to playability throughout game.
And i wouldnt agree they are powerful in all other aspects. Demon/executioners are great tank/dmg units but to high LS, demoness great support but low speed limits her 2 abilities seduce whip attack, and seduce doesnt work on bunch of units (mechanical, undead,plants,animals,5th lvl),archdmeons are great for opening battle and block enemy range units but if you jump in enemy lines first they`ll take serious dmg before rest of army come to help them. And all demons have serious problems with poison resistance. They are great in some battles, but lack supporting units/abilities/spells.

Does the skill "halve" of archdemon works, I havent tried it yet :|

You are free to do any mods you like but you don't really have to play with only demons. It's possible to combine some units with demons without moral penalties and for the units that suffers from it, you can equip an item that boosts morale or invest in the persuasion skill. Just saying.

Nah, of couse we can combine many race together but Fatt_Shade is talking about the balance between races :) imo, Demon is lacking of survivability, in no-loss run there's almost no way to use Demon because we cant heal it and resurrect it. My friend told me that the Demonologist's talent "Thread of Life" only resurrect 1 troop of targeted stack :| Does its true?

zhaozhilong
08-05-2011, 10:21 AM
Hi All

I think I overdid the mod by changing my leadership upgrade on level up @ 30 times level.....

So, I am just wondering whether there is a part where I can retweak enemies level and difficulties, without having to restart the game...

;)

DeepSoul
08-05-2011, 06:11 PM
Can you guys copy the link of this mod for me, I dont know about this mod :confused:

Does the skill "halve" of archdemon works, I havent tried it yet :|

Nah, of couse we can combine many race together but Fatt_Shade is talking about the balance between races :) imo, Demon is lacking of survivability, in no-loss run there's almost no way to use Demon because we cant heal it and resurrect it. My friend told me that the Demonologist's talent "Thread of Life" only resurrect 1 troop of targeted stack :| Does its true?

Here is the link: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=16965

The skill "halve" works fine but last time I saw it happen was in AP. I haven't tried it in Crossworlds yet.

Thread of Life resurrects a number of hp depending on how large your army stack is and the total hp of the target enemy. It takes their hp and adds it to your unit. If the enemy unit is too small it won't have full effect.

infernal1800
08-06-2011, 03:32 AM
Hi All

I think I overdid the mod by changing my leadership upgrade on level up @ 30 times level.....

So, I am just wondering whether there is a part where I can retweak enemies level and difficulties, without having to restart the game...

;)

I dont understand, can you explain further :)
Here is the link: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=16965

The skill "halve" works fine but last time I saw it happen was in AP. I haven't tried it in Crossworlds yet.

Thread of Life resurrects a number of hp depending on how large your army stack is and the total hp of the target enemy. It takes their hp and adds it to your unit. If the enemy unit is too small it won't have full effect.

Really, I havent tried "halve" skill yet but I didnt see anything related with this skill in atom file of archdemon :confused: Is there any other mod that balance or create new skill/talent for unit :cool:

DeepSoul
08-06-2011, 09:43 PM
Hi All

;)

No, you can't tweak the difficulty after starting a game, because that is set at the start. But you can change your leadership by opening the console and type leadership [the number you want] without the []. I also think you can tweak how much LS you get on levelup in a text file but I don't know if it will have any effect on your saved game.

infernal1800
08-09-2011, 11:25 AM
I've thought about how to balance the strength of monster races, how do you guys think about a level 6 creature :) Recently, I have created a level 6 creature and his pet (level 5) for demon race. Below are some screenshot for what I've done:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/89/lucifery.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/193/lucifermelee.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/143/lucifercast.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/818/luciferspecial.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/20/chaosdragon.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/20/chaosdragoncast.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/43/chaosdragonspecial.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/849/chaosdragonspecial2.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/96/chaosdragonspecial3.jpg/

Currently, I'm still making more higher level monster for every race. Is this ok for a level 6 creature? Any suggestion will be appreciated :)

1darklord
08-10-2011, 11:31 AM
Well I think it looks pretty cool! :-P

Daniel.

DeepSoul
08-10-2011, 01:38 PM
Warhammer doesn't have any description, only {item warhammer}. It's possible that other items have the same problem, I haven't checked. Can I do something about this?

infernal1800
08-10-2011, 01:44 PM
Warhammer doesn't have any description, only {item warhammer}. It's possible that other items have the same problem, I haven't checked. Can I do something about this?

Which mod are you playing, Adventure or Redsands. You should look at the original eng_items.lua and eng_item_base.lua, search the line contain information about the item and simply copy paste it to the one you are currently using :)

DeepSoul
08-10-2011, 03:14 PM
Which mod are you playing, Adventure or Redsands. You should look at the original eng_items.lua and eng_item_base.lua, search the line contain information about the item and simply copy paste it to the one you are currently using :)

I'm playing adventure or I wouldn't post here :). It seems I had copied over my eng_items.lua with another mod so I needed to add the lines from his file. Now it works.

infernal1800
08-10-2011, 04:29 PM
I'm playing adventure or I wouldn't post here :). It seems I had copied over my eng_items.lua with another mod so I needed to add the lines from his file. Now it works.

Have you tried Redsands, you can combine 2 mod together, they work just fine :)

zini4_tha_grunt
08-13-2011, 03:46 PM
Have you tried Redsands, you can combine 2 mod together, they work just fine :)
Tou telling horrible things!
These campaigns can have files with the same names and it may lead to different random bugs.

infernal1800
08-14-2011, 05:45 AM
Tou telling horrible things!
These campaigns can have files with the same names and it may lead to different random bugs.

I know, but if you understand how the mod is running, you can combine it easily. Do you know which file contain information about the spawning rage ball skill of demon race, I cant find it anywhere :(

zini4_tha_grunt
08-14-2011, 09:45 AM
I know, but if you understand how the mod is running, you can combine it easily. Do you know which file contain information about the spawning rage ball skill of demon race, I cant find it anywhere :(
It's in arena.lua

infernal1800
08-14-2011, 03:12 PM
It's in arena.lua

there is a bug when your demon kill a stack of ghost, griffin spirit or anytroop that doesnt leave corpse => the game crash. Do you know how to fix this :(

zini4_tha_grunt
08-14-2011, 04:02 PM
there is a bug when your demon kill a stack of ghost, griffin spirit or anytroop that doesnt leave corpse => the game crash. Do you know how to fix this :(
Yes, I do. I have fixed it for beta tests of Red Sands 1.4.
There will be a few new arenas, which fans created for our contest. So, stay tuned.

infernal1800
08-15-2011, 06:02 AM
Yes, I do. I have fixed it for beta tests of Red Sands 1.4.
There will be a few new arenas, which fans created for our contest. So, stay tuned.

I've tried to tweak some lua files such as unit_features.lua, special_attack... I dont understand some scripts like:

"Attack.act_belligerent(receiver, 16)"
"Game.GVNumInc("magic_shield_used", 1)"

I've tested the first one and figure out 16 is the code for rabid status. When our troop is rabid, it's just like "auto-fight" function not rabid, but when enemy troop is rabid, it started attack it's ally. I think it's not fair :| Do you know how to fix it :)

Btw, can you list us the differences between Redsands v1.1 and other version. Are there any changes?

grimeleven
08-15-2011, 06:48 AM
Off-topic but here is your answer, http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?act=url&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http://kingsbounty.ru/forum/index.php%3Fs%3D744e487a5bb32085138dc4f2dfa64976%2 6showtopic%3D8821&usg=ALkJrhg-MPLm5EAnmbrzlKbkbrAzZnGhDg#

Click the Changes +

infernal1800
08-15-2011, 09:50 AM
Off-topic but here is your answer, http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?act=url&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http://kingsbounty.ru/forum/index.php%3Fs%3D744e487a5bb32085138dc4f2dfa64976%2 6showtopic%3D8821&usg=ALkJrhg-MPLm5EAnmbrzlKbkbrAzZnGhDg#

Click the Changes +

Nahh, I cannot access to the site you posted :( Can you give me the original russian post

Sederien
08-15-2011, 01:29 PM
Nahh, I cannot access to the site you posted :( Can you give me the original russian post

Here you go:

ВНИМАНИЕ! Устанавливать только на лицензионную версию игры 1.3.1. билд 6170!
Мы снимаем с себя ответственность за глюки при установке патча на пиратскую версию.

Перед установкой патча УДАЛИТЕ все моды!

Если у вас 1.0:
Патч 1.3

Если у вас стоит версия 1.1 и 1.2 лайт:
Патч 1.3

Если у вас стояла 1.2 полная:
Патч 1.3

Изменения:
Скрытый текст
Исправления 1.3:

0. Для инициации диалога с Ленни на "Пески" теперь не обязательно брать контракт на Робина Гудмена.

1. Вылет на Советниках.

2. Вылет на Книгах Кошмаров.

3. Квест на "Пески" не сдавался.

4. Баг с предметом Доспехи Гор (не падала мораль).

5. Хинт для таланта Асмадео Темный Ритуал (исправлена ошибка, когда в список попадали "лишние" существа).

6. Вылет при добиваниях Адептом и демонами.

7. Исправления текстовых опечаток.

8. Зависания при наборе опыта у простых отрядов.

9. Предмет Ворон (не выдавал СМС в диалоге).

10. Исправлена расовая особенность демонов.

11. Исправлена ошибка со штрафом морали Нежити и Демонам у Геральда.

12. Ускорена перезарядка умения у спутника Гном-в-Капюшоне (стало по 15-25%, было 10-15%).

13. Исправлена ошибка, из-за которой Спутники Морон Дарк и Некромант Мешмер не наделяли союзных воинов нежити дополнительной некроэнергией.

14. Исправлена ошибка с Безумной Ненавистью - свойством, накладываемым Морскими Дьяволами (накладывался эффект, даже если они промахнулись).

15. Исправлена ошибка, приводящая к крашу, когда Асмадео погибал с висящей на нём Бомбой-Липучкой.

16. Замедлена скорость накопления силы артефактом Алукард.

17. Исправлена ошибка, когда Саботажники получали полный урон от Ловушек.

18. Исправлена ошибка с неполучением опыта Адептами Тьмы при использовании таланта Сила Тьмы.

19. Добавлен спецэффект при лечении Фавнов.

20. Исправлена ошибка с "вызволением" фамилиара.

21. Переработана система прокачки Асмадео, которая теперь учитывает выбранную игровую сложность и класс героя.

22. Исправлена ошибка таланта Песнь Шивы у Нимф Льда, когда рядом не было доступных целей.

23. Предмет Алукард теперь снижает мораль драконам на 2, а не на 1.

24. Исправлен баг с заклинанием Камнепад, когда подсказка по уроу выводила неверное значение.

25. Перебалансировано в сторону увеличения урона с ростом уровня и удешевлено заклинание Камнепад.

26. Немного усилен минимальный наносимый урон заклинанием Клинки Земли.

27. Исправлен баг с навыком Контр-Атака, когда бонус получали нечеловекоподобные воины.

28. Исправлен баг, из-за которого вражеский герой применял заклинание Ледяная Змея на Ледяных Драконов.

29. Исправлен баг с использованием компьютерным игроком таланта Безволие (выводилось окошко с сообщением).

30. Исправлена ошибка с возможностью выбора в качестве цели для таланта Асмадео Мистический Ритуал вражеского союзника с зависшим над ним Гизмо.

31. Теперь отряды Мёртвых Ящеров, как и порталы/входы в пещеры/храмы появляются только после взятия квеста у персонажа Призрак.

32. Исправлена ошибка, из-за которой могла возникнуть ситуация с невозможностью взятия Ящера Шиониса в спутники.

33. Исправлена ошибка, когда могла возникнуть ситуация с непроходимостью второстепенного квеста Красных песков - квеста Цветы для варвара.

34. Исправлена ошибка, когда можно было заморозить существ с иммунитетом к заморозке.

35. Исправлена ошибка, из-за которой Рунные Чародеи могли клонировать призываемых волшебных существ.

36. Исправлена ошибка, приводившая к тому, что у Алхимиков могло быть 4 таланта.

37. Переделана система получения опыта существами за атаки, не наносящие урона.

38. Исправлена ошибка, из-за котрой Асмадео мог не восполнить здоровье в свой ход.

39. Исправлена ошибка, из-за которой мог прокачатсья не тот талант, который был применён Асмадео.

40. Бригадиры Корректно ослепляются Прожектором Дроидов Стражей.

41. Переработана система начисления опыта за небоевые действия существ, улучшен баланс набора опыта в развитии существ.

42. Рунные Черодеи больше не могут накладывать специальные эфекты при использовании таланта Разрушение.

43. Исправлена ситуация, когда Ассассины, Палачи и Шаманы Крови могли под заклинанием Испуг атаковать существ выше себя по уровню.

44. Исправлена ошибка, из-за которой урон ответных атак Асмадео мог быть очень маленьким.

45. Теперь умение Боевой Дух дает воинам 1 ОД, а не по параметру Скорость.

46. Исправлена ошибка, из-за которой Пиромаги не могли поражать боссов талантом Град Огненных Стрел.

47. Для баланса введена таблица максимальных значений поулчаемого опыта на каждом ранке.

48. Предмету Живой Лук дополнительно на Элоне прописано 3 возможных места генерации.

infernal1800
08-15-2011, 03:05 PM
Here you go:

It's really bad that the first version has too many bugs, my mod include Redsands v1.1 in it and I dont really know how to apply those fixes into my mod. God damn it

zini4_tha_grunt
08-15-2011, 06:53 PM
It's really bad that the first version has too many bugs, my mod include Redsands v1.1 in it and I dont really know how to apply those fixes into my mod. God damn it
Even in Blizzrad's game various bugs could be found, so what had u expected from a group of fans?

infernal1800
08-16-2011, 03:28 AM
Even in Blizzrad's game various bugs could be found, so what had u expected from a group of fans?

Yeah, I know it, sorry, but I want to install your fixes into my mod but I think I cannot do it. Are there any seriously problem if I dont install the latest update :(

Anyway. thanks for this great mod :)

infernal1800
08-18-2011, 04:41 AM
To zini4_tha_grunt: I know you are one of those who make Redsand mod. Can you tell me how to make a new color of an unit, I mean when making a new troop, I need a different color. I've already created new units, talents and abilities but the only thing I dont know is how to make a new color for an unit. Thanks in advance :)

zini4_tha_grunt
08-21-2011, 09:01 AM
To zini4_tha_grunt: I know you are one of those who make Redsand mod. Can you tell me how to make a new color of an unit, I mean when making a new troop, I need a different color. I've already created new units, talents and abilities but the only thing I dont know is how to make a new color for an unit. Thanks in advance :)

You need to recolour model texture?
First of all u need to duplicate native unit's model.
After that u have to use hex-editor, like winhex or any other and with this editor open unit's model (bma file) for "dds" word. Fater finding it you must rename it's name. (for example compare archmage.bma and firemage.bma files to get understanding of proccess).
Once you renamed the texture in bma file - save it. But keep in mind, than new texture name must have the same amount of characters in name as old one.
After that find native texture and rcolour it in photoshop (u must install NVIDIA plugin) or in any other advanced graphic editors. Don't forget to duplicate and remake your new model file (BMA) and new texture (DDS).

infernal1800
08-23-2011, 04:57 AM
You need to recolour model texture?
First of all u need to duplicate native unit's model.
After that u have to use hex-editor, like winhex or any other and with this editor open unit's model (bma file) for "dds" word. Fater finding it you must rename it's name. (for example compare archmage.bma and firemage.bma files to get understanding of proccess).
Once you renamed the texture in bma file - save it. But keep in mind, than new texture name must have the same amount of characters in name as old one.
After that find native texture and rcolour it in photoshop (u must install NVIDIA plugin) or in any other advanced graphic editors. Don't forget to duplicate and remake your new model file (BMA) and new texture (DDS).

As you said, we have to edit both BMA and DDS files right? BMA with hex editor and DDS with photoshop or graphic editors. Does that correct?

zini4_tha_grunt
08-23-2011, 02:37 PM
As you said, we have to edit both BMA and DDS files right? BMA with hex editor and DDS with photoshop or graphic editors. Does that correct?

Exactlly.

Fatt_Shade
08-27-2011, 09:59 AM
I finaly figured out what caused problem i mentioned in first post on 4th page of this tread, about instantly killing every troop with 1 hit (1 peasant killing 2 EGD for instance).
It`s something with skill.txt skill.lua and eng_skill.lng files. As soon i learned 1 lvl of dark commander in might tree, this problem started.
Bladeking you also said you encountered this problem before, so just to let you know what caused it. As for fixing it i have no idea how :-(

infernal1800
08-29-2011, 08:27 AM
I finaly figured out what caused problem i mentioned in first post on 4th page of this tread, about instantly killing every troop with 1 hit (1 peasant killing 2 EGD for instance).
It`s something with skill.txt skill.lua and eng_skill.lng files. As soon i learned 1 lvl of dark commander in might tree, this problem started.
Bladeking you also said you encountered this problem before, so just to let you know what caused it. As for fixing it i have no idea how :-(

I also had this problem, but it is special_attacks.lua instead of "skills" files or dark commander as you said. I've created new custom talents and forget to add some "local =" so that the talent is incorrect. Making the creature who has this talent always 1 hit kill :)

btw, I have a warning for any person who want to create new talents for monsters like bladeking77 ( e.g "sapphire scale" of Azure Dragon) You have to edit arena.lua file to create a "guide" for AI of the enemy or they will never use this talent even it available for use. There are some talent dont require doing this but most of talent which we have to create in the special_attacks.lua or addon_special_attacks.lua require editing arena.lua for AI usage

Fatt_Shade
08-29-2011, 10:46 AM
Thx for this infernal, i wanted to add champions to red sands, but had no idea how. Also i`ll try to give them push like cyclops skill so they have some active skill like any other 5th lvl unit.
As for my problem with 0dmg - 1 hit kill, i didnt change any special_attack in game, started normaly fought couple battles on debir, kited to verona to see what`s available and on my way back took 1 lvl dark commander and first fight after that problem started without any changinig by my to game files. I`m not saying you didnt have same problem but with other reason then me. Since editor is buged and crash like crazy, players started moding game files by hounch and from mod to mod some problems carry around. Just look my last post on this page, and consider this are from official KB-AP file without any player moding :
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=25587&page=4

Fatt_Shade
09-09-2011, 05:41 PM
I`ve tried to make new composite item but got stuck, if any1 who did this before see problem in my changes pls advice to fix it. Here`s what i`ve added in items.txt
sacrificial_chest {
category=o
image=heroitem_gefestion_bag.png
hint_config=object_item
label=itm_sacrificial_chest_name
hint=itm_sacrificial_chest_hint
information_label=itm_sacrificial_chest_info
maphint=
mapinfo=
atoms {
1 {
atom=
lu=template_item_mb
label=
}
}
price=90000
maxcount=0
level=5
race=human
use {}
mods {
sp_addexp_spirit=count,15
sp_addexp_battle=count,15
}
propbits=artefact,usable,rare
params {}
actions {
onuse=20000000000000002000000010000000100000002000 0000E000000455845435554455F53435249505402000000030 000000300000005000000666E616D650C0000007365745F697 46D5F6E616D65030000007061720B00000077696E6E65725F6 2656C7402000000070000004D425F53484F570500000002000 00005000000030000000400000004000000050000006C61626 56C1200000067006C006F0062007300740072005F003100370 0300039003400380037003400340033000300000066727A030 00000030000006C756E050000002473656C66030000006E796 5E8030000030000006E6E6FFFFFFFFF
onupg=60000000000000000000000
apacify=60000000000000000000000
custom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
@=0
}
}
I used png file for chest you dig up on scarlet wind island in base of statue of warrior(for quest from nameless island). In eng_items.lng i added description in this form :

itm_sacrificial_chest_name=Sacrificial chest
itm_sacrificial_chest_taken=^?^
itm_sacrificial_chest_minfo=^?^
itm_sacrificial_chest_mhint=^?^
itm_sacrificial_chest_info=^?^A powerful artefact, created over a thousand years ago. Used by best army commanders who sought personal growth, instead material gain.<br><br><font=ft1_14><color=254,249,118>Consists of:<br>- Shark's Tooth<br>- Memoirs of the Marshal<br>- Magnifying Glass
itm_sacrificial_chest_hint=^?^Chest for offering gold to needie, but gaining so much more in return.<br>[s]+15% hero and pet dragon exp in battle<br>[sys]Special: [d]a composite artefact.<br>[sys]Use: [d]breaks the artifact into its respective pieces.

zini4_tha_grunt
09-09-2011, 08:04 PM
As for my problem with 0dmg - 1 hit kill
This bug comes from the arena.lua apply_damage(...) function.
Try running game in debug mode - launch game with paramter -dev.

tbbuc
08-13-2012, 11:38 AM
my game is in steam, where do i put the files for the mod?

Fatt_Shade
08-13-2012, 06:54 PM
Mod files should go into : game_folder/Kings Bounty Armored Princess/sessions/adventure
Only difference is where you installed your original game. Good luck, have fun :-)