PDA

View Full Version : resolution issues

vmxa
05-09-2011, 05:38 PM
I few days ago my monitor crapped out. It was 24" running 1990x????. I put on my backup machines monitor. It cannot run at 1990.

All three games, KBTL/KBAP/KBCW would try to load and just close with no msg.

I now have another monitor and run again at 1990. Now all three game work. Is there an entry I could have put into an INI that would reset the games to use desktop res?

I am pretty sure that is all I would have needed to get them running. I did reinstall KBTL on the old system and it then ran fine at the desktop setting of 1440.

vmxa
05-13-2011, 03:38 PM
Is there a registry entry that can be edit for resolution?

ckdamascus
05-14-2011, 01:47 PM
Is there a registry entry that can be edit for resolution?

Even easier than registry. Modify your game.ini file in the My Documents->My Games->King's Bounty->game.ini file.

vmxa
05-14-2011, 04:39 PM
That was my original question. I found the ini in x86. GoG installed it like a normal game in the program files. The KBAP is in the user folder though. So thanks I know where they are now.

ckdamascus
05-14-2011, 07:45 PM
That was my original question. I found the ini in x86. GoG installed it like a normal game in the program files. The KBAP is in the user folder though. So thanks I know where they are now.

Program Files is for global .ini, but they are overridden in the user directory. It makes sense to do it that way, but it isn't documented/communicated too well.