PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Moth

ago266
05-03-2011, 06:03 PM
First Sorry for my English !

The little things that are maddening:
I will talk about the Tiger Moth aircraft modeled in CoD superbly and precisely what irritates me is that he is so well done (and aircraft cockpit), so they spent considerable time in research on the models but they are missed basic stuff for a pilot experiencing a bit of machine:
1) The automatic leading edge slot are perfectly modeled, functional and with perfect animation and good speed! BUT the right
lever in the cockpit as it should be back in position to block the slot (in aerobatics for example) but this has no effect yet even if this lever moves.
2) The Moth's aileron are 90% differential is the great characteristic of this airplane, it means that visually one aileron and only move upwards but in the simulation the ailerons are standard move together up and down.
3) Even with complex engine management as it the starter button "I" launches automatically put all magnetos ON, annoying as the Moth as on many English aircraft of that era start on one magneto and the second one rocks as the engine begins to rotate.
4) The engine must be heated to 900 or 1000 RPM in CoD above 600 it stifles
5) the oil pressure should be within 35 pounds after the heats and then 45 with peaks at 60 Max in flight in CoD it remains below 30.
6) No brake of course, but they could have put some sort of parking brake for simulating the use of wheel chocks! the key “I “ start the engine well alone and yet there is no starter on the Moth!
7) The mixture on full lean does not choke on engine, even in flight the engine full lean would cough a bit,
That's annoying is that all this is easy to change just a few adjustments in the parameters and animations.

Despite this it remains the best Tiger Moth all simu much better than FSX with payware.

TomcatViP
05-04-2011, 07:59 AM
Hi,

Thx for your comments.

You seem to know perfectly well the Moth hence I hve a short question for you :
Before any "expert" show us some "until now" hidden chart of evidences*, can you say to us if the Moth COULD really OUT SPEED a 109 at low alt ? :rolleyes:

I am with you for the magneto and the ailerons. However I don't clearly understand the way you block the slots... do you mean a slight but firm push on the yoke ?

~S!

bongodriver
05-04-2011, 09:04 AM
The slats are locked closed by means of the locking lever on the right side of the rear cockpit, it simply puts tension in the cables to hold them shut, when the lever is released the slats are free to open automatically.

Am I an 'expert'?........i just have 270 hours on type.

TomcatViP
05-04-2011, 09:29 AM
Thx for clarification. Expert ? ... well yes and with an happy face I guess :grin:

Sternjaeger II
05-05-2011, 02:13 PM
I knew they would have got the aileron thing wrong.. they never listen do they? :rolleyes:

Bongo, I dunno you man, but i always did startup with two magnetoes? :confused:

bongodriver
05-08-2011, 07:19 AM
I knew they would have got the aileron thing wrong.. they never listen do they? :rolleyes:

Bongo, I dunno you man, but i always did startup with two magnetoes? :confused:

yes I also used to start with both mags on, not just L and R but both sets of switches for front and rear cockpit had to be on.

Sternjaeger II
05-13-2011, 03:33 PM
yes I also used to start with both mags on, not just L and R but both sets of switches for front and rear cockpit had to be on.

yep, same here.. wonder what the guy meant.