PDA

View Full Version : Negative G causes FPS to rise substantialy

palker4
04-28-2011, 12:09 PM
Today i was flying quick mission Bomber intercept Hawkinge and i have noticed a strange phenomenon that when i push my stick to neg G so that my engine start loosing rpm my FPS will increase from around 25 to 60 and i was wondering how is this even possible.
There were 8 Ju-87s and 6 Hurris in that mission. I used fraps benchmarking tool to create FPS graph. Take a look every single spike on that graph is cause by me pushing stick forward.

Wolf_Rider
04-28-2011, 12:14 PM
did what you were looking at change?

louisv
04-28-2011, 12:37 PM
Palker_4: ...i have noticed a strange phenomenon that when i push my stick to neg G so that my engine start loosing rpm my FPS will increase from around 25 to 60 and i was wondering how is this even possible.

Push my stick ...so that my engine starts loosing rpm...

Could you expand on that, usually if I push the stick, it does not have the effect of lowering the RPM...:confused:

recoilfx
04-28-2011, 12:57 PM
I wonder if this has to do with the engine exhaust fire effects - In the first release, when player gets close to the bombers, the fps will drop immensely, apparently it was because of effect was on for all aircrafts.

In the later patch, the effect was only enabled for the player. I'm guessing that when the engine gets cut out, that effect is not rendered.

palker4
04-28-2011, 01:23 PM
I wonder if this has to do with the engine exhaust fire effects - In the first release, when player gets close to the bombers, the fps will drop immensely, apparently it was because of effect was on for all aircrafts.

In the later patch, the effect was only enabled for the player. I'm guessing that when the engine gets cut out, that effect is not rendered.

That could a reason i will try to turn of my engine in flight to see what will happen

palker4
04-28-2011, 01:42 PM
Its definitely the exhaust effects i turned of my engine and FPS ad least doubled.
Is there any way to disable this effect without going for effects : Low?

Chaoic16
04-28-2011, 06:27 PM
BINGO! We may found one of flaws in specific effects that caused heavy FPS hit. We should report this to developer team and have them looking into improving this effects.

Chaoic out...

machoo
04-29-2011, 04:26 AM
Good work fellas:)

SQB
04-30-2011, 05:14 AM
I get the feeling you can't optimize this much, the light from each individual flame is simulated on the surface of the aircraft, this takes up resources. Turn it off if its causing you issues.

Buchon
04-30-2011, 07:44 AM
I have not this huge increase in FPS.

I guess my high end card have power enough to render this effects without problems.

But if you guys have problems with this in your cards you can try disable dynamic lights :

Go to your conf.ini and set DynamicalLights=0

Edit:

Dont forget that you had to turn off Steam Cloud.

Remo
04-30-2011, 10:51 AM
Perhaps you can also try , some off the effects options in the config file.
If you do : Change ONLY one at a time , change it back and then try another.

Effects=1 ; you can try 0 , but that would prob negatively effect other things too
EffFlags.Light=1 ; this might be the one that you want to try 1st setting it to 0
EffFlags.SpriteRender=0 ; perhaps enable it ? to 1
EffFlags.LightSpritesProj=1 ; 2nd try would be this to 0
EffFlags.LightContextSprites=1 ; ? you can try 0 , but your guess is as good as mine.
EffFlags.SWLight=0 ; would leave this one at 0 , looks like software ligthts , this will probably be slow.