PDA

View Full Version : Help wanted setting up joystick

malazan
04-26-2011, 07:12 PM
I have tried to set it up via the game, but when I moves the axes etc nothing happens.

It's a Saitek Cyborg, the game is fully patched and i'm using Vista SP2.

Thx in advance.

SEE
04-26-2011, 07:44 PM
Some had no problems others had your problem, me included! I got mighty peeved with CoD not recognising my X52...you are not alone! Make sure your stick is ok in the Windows control properties box. You then need to set it up in the controls menu of Cod as an input device and asign axis and switches manually.

In the controls Axis menu there are two options on the lower left of the screen - 'change' and 'clear'. In the end, I kept the mouse on one of them with mouse button pressed and I waggled the joystick frantically. You will know if its worked as the sensitivity sliders suddenly spring into life and respond to your joystick inputs.

Once Cod recognises one of the joystick axis the rest just seem to work as normal. Best of luck and see what others say!

Kimmo
04-27-2011, 11:31 AM
Everyone who don't have their joysticks working:

1: CLEAR the axis setting
2: Doubleclick the cleared axis
3: When prompted by the box, move the axis / button ("hotkey", the game says) you want to set.

Can't write, going up..!

malazan
04-27-2011, 02:47 PM
Some had no problems others had your problem, me included! I got mighty peeved with CoD not recognising my X52...you are not alone! Make sure your stick is ok in the Windows control properties box. You then need to set it up in the controls menu of Cod as an input device and asign axis and switches manually.

In the controls Axis menu there are two options on the lower left of the screen - 'change' and 'clear'. In the end, I kept the mouse on one of them with mouse button pressed and I waggled the joystick frantically. You will know if its worked as the sensitivity sliders suddenly spring into life and respond to your joystick inputs.

Once Cod recognises one of the joystick axis the rest just seem to work as normal. Best of luck and see what others say!

not needed

malazan
04-27-2011, 03:00 PM
Everyone who don't have their joysticks working:

1: CLEAR the axis setting
2: Doubleclick the cleared axis
3: When prompted by the box, move the axis / button ("hotkey", the game says) you want to set.

Can't write, going up..!

not needed

battguano
04-29-2011, 05:42 PM
I have tried all of the above suggestions; cleared everything, wiggled the joystick like crazy....every once in a while I am able to get one part of the stick assigned, at least so i can bank left or right, but i have never been able to get it so that i can assign rudder control, pitch, firing, etc. that is with my saitek. With my g940 logitech system, not a thing works...it doesn't recognize any part of the setup; the pedals, the throttle, the stick.... i'm about to just give up on CoD entirely. It's impossible to play without a proper control system.

SEE
04-29-2011, 05:49 PM
Mazalan, help peeps out rather than just say 'not needed'. I have read a gaming review where the author states having had extreme difficulty getting CoD to recognise the joysticks assignments. I'm no numpty and struggled like hell to get it to recognise my X52 whilst others had no probs.

You started a thread with a problem, obviousley resolved it, so...elucidate for the benefit of others!

malazan
04-29-2011, 06:55 PM
Mazalan, help peeps out rather than just say 'not needed'. I have read a gaming review where the author states having had extreme difficulty getting CoD to recognise the joysticks assignments. I'm no numpty and struggled like hell to get it to recognise my X52 whilst others had no probs.

You started a thread with a problem, obviousley resolved it, so...elucidate for the benefit of others!

I wish I could offer any worthwhile advice, but the truth is I can't. I just reinstalled drivers etc - fiddled about with it for a while, and as I'm desperately short of time, and really unable to play properly until University finishes, i'm just shooting down the odd Heinkel in the set missions.

I'm waiting until I have 16 glorious weeks with nowt to do to get immersed properly.