PDA

View Full Version : My Force Feedback files

frenchfly
04-26-2011, 02:38 AM
Thought I would share my FFB files with those who wish to try them. I replaced the punch/kick effect we get on the runway to something that feels more like uneven ground. I also changed the center spring to have more forces on the elevator than the ailerons, also toned down all of the shake, machineguns and cannons to something more acceptable to me.

Just back-up your originals and replace with these. Feel free to mix and match with the originals if you prefer some of those.

http://airwarfare.com/sow/index.php/downloads/viewdownload/92-force-feedback/116-ffb-files

F

adonys
04-26-2011, 07:07 AM
What program you've used to set up your FF forces, please?

Letum
04-26-2011, 07:21 AM
What program you've used to set up your FF forces, please?

I'm guessing the directX SDK for FFE files.
You should find a copy with a bit of googling.

adonys
04-26-2011, 08:09 AM
the whole DX SDK? or something just made specific for the FF effects?

pupo162
04-26-2011, 08:29 AM
HEY!! good job! liked it more than the original

Just machine guns and cannon still shake the hell out of my plane to much.

Blue Scorpion
04-26-2011, 08:45 AM
The program is called fedit.exe, it has not been included with the sdk since 2004 and the release of DX 8, and it can be a little hard to get hold of now. Not many developers still use it, as it is a little restrictive in the effects it can produce; most now write procedural routines that allow a constantly changing stream of ffb data, rather than stringing canned effects together.

Was a little disappointed to see it still being used here as it was in IL2, but cannot really complain as its better than no ffb at all.

CharveL
04-26-2011, 11:32 AM
Dunno about canned. Wind/engine buffeting seems to match exactly the visual cues in varying degrees. I'm pretty happy with what's provided for the most part, even gun shake is toned down slot from stock Il2, and centre spring force varies with speed and stability.

Still there's always room for improvement so I might just check some of these out. Thanks!

kingpinda
04-26-2011, 12:38 PM
Hi great job thanks. Havent tried it yet but i have a question.

With my G940 is it possible when using these files to increase or decrease the "total strength of effects"? The top option in the profiler. Don't know if this is what its called. For some reason my profiler changed to dutch.

frenchfly
04-26-2011, 12:41 PM
Yes you can increase the force effects at the top of the profiler up to 150%.

greypeace
04-26-2011, 02:01 PM
Thanks a lot FrenchFly
I used those in Il2 and they work perfectly ,I can use shake now

But where can I find the FFB files in C o D?

Ok Found them under "CORE" thanks

Qpassa
04-28-2011, 01:58 PM
Thanks a lot. Please if you find a better way to make FFB effects please spend that time , the comunity will appreciate you

Vengeanze
06-17-2011, 10:43 PM
I don't get the stall shakes that I got in IL-2. Anyone know which of the FFB files I can alter that?

While at it, could someone wise explain what each of the ffb files do for forces in CLOD?

Thanks.

greypeace
06-18-2011, 02:23 AM
I would not consider myself as "wise",but I have spent some time fiddling with the FFB files
Using at the beginning an Hex editor for modifying the DATA fields (blindly)
Then I used FFEDIT and managed to adjust the spring effect to my liking
The one that annoyed me the most is the Shake file that shakes the stick at the inset of a stall
Very UNFORTUNATELY in IL2 this damn effect is combined with ::-x:evil:
1/ crash scraping the ground
2/ and also with the hits to the plane by bullets..
This comes I think from the program itself.

I am still trying to cancell or minimize those 2 effects to keep only the stall shake,but have been unsucsessfull up to now.
I have also put some bias on the shake action to give a slight push to releave the pull on the stick(just a bit)

I managed to isolate the machine gun shooting vibrations amplitude and frequency(machinegun)
and also set up a lower frequency for the cannon(autocannon)
The result shooting separately is good
but the firing of both at the same time is somewhat "wild"
I completely cancelled "punch" "bomb" and "mortar"(rename it to keep it safe if you want)
These files work fairly well tested on IL2,but have not been tested yet on IL2 CoD

If you want them to try , PM me but KEEP yours SAFE in case:)

Vengeanze
06-18-2011, 05:32 AM
Thanks greypeace.

So what you're saying is...

SPRING
- Overall tension of the stick

SHAKE
- Stall warning
- Roadbumps (shakes when wheel in contact with ground)
- Bullets hitting your plane

MACHINEGUN
- Shake when fireing the machinegun

CANNON
- Shake when fireing the cannon

PUNCH, MORTAR and BOMBS are obsolete (perhaps not BOMBS if flying a bomber).

I'll send u a PM. Wanna try yours.

In a dreamworld the dev team would separate the SHAKE forces to different files. But guess they got their hands full building German minelayers. ;-)

xnomad
06-18-2011, 05:40 AM
Sorry to slightly hijack the thread but don't you guys find the cannon on the bf109 uses the shake.ffe file instead of the autocannon.ffe?

Nobody has replied to my thread below so I don't know if it's just me or not. I'm close to reinstalling just because of this, but somehow I doubt it can really only be me.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=298810#post298810

Vengeanze
06-18-2011, 06:02 AM
Sorry to slightly hijack the thread but don't you guys find the cannon on the bf109 uses the shake.ffe file instead of the autocannon.ffe?

Nobody has replied to my thread below so I don't know if it's just me or not. I'm close to reinstalling just because of this, but somehow I doubt it can really only be me.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=298810#post298810
Can't help you as I don't fly blue. But greypeace seems to so hopefully he has some insight.

Bullit
09-19-2012, 05:37 PM
Thought I would share my FFB files with those who wish to try them. I replaced the punch/kick effect we get on the runway to something that feels more like uneven ground. I also changed the center spring to have more forces on the elevator than the ailerons, also toned down all of the shake, machineguns and cannons to something more acceptable to me.

Just back-up your originals and replace with these. Feel free to mix and match with the originals if you prefer some of those.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3N4I86N4

F

This download no longer works can anybody help that may still have this download of frenchfly MSFFB Fedit files

frenchfly
09-27-2012, 06:16 PM
here is a link to my files at airwarfare.com, hope you like them.

http://airwarfare.com/sow/index.php/downloads/viewdownload/92-force-feedback/116-ffb-files

Bullit
09-27-2012, 10:27 PM
Thank you

Qpassa
10-10-2012, 09:34 PM
thanks again buddie

FS~Lewis
10-19-2012, 01:02 PM
Thanks for the FFb files....I have upto now simply deleted all the files barr the 'Spring' file in the past as all the others seemed to make it harder to control the stick in dogfight scenarios...I would like to keep them so that they still work but are toned right down to a level where I can still be competitive...