PDA

View Full Version : He111 water radiators

|450|Devil
04-26-2011, 02:26 AM
Anyone know how to set the He111 radiator to full open?

The standard setup appears to have the radiators are in the half open position. I have bound a key to the Radiator Open control and holding the key down keeps the radiator open but this seems wrong as the radiator cocks positioned beside the pilot's right side just below the seat level are turn type and you would think that they would lock into position when turned to open, half open or closed.

Blackdog_kt
04-26-2011, 06:00 PM
The water radiator sliders on the 109 and the 111 don't display actual radiator position, they only display if they are moving or not. Yes, i know it's confusing, but if you go to external view you can verify that they open and stay open even when you see the slider at center.

What i'm trying to say is that the slider doesn't tell you the actual radiator position. The way it works is
slider at top=radiator being opened
slider at bottom=radiator being closed
slider center=radiator steady/not moving

Just try going to external view and playing around with it, you'll see that they work just fine, it's just that the slider in the info window displays a weird choice of information ;)

Flying Pencil
04-26-2011, 06:33 PM
What i'm trying to say is that the slider doesn't tell you the actual radiator position. The way it works is
slider at top=radiator being opened
slider at bottom=radiator being closed
slider center=radiator steady/not moving

A LOT of modern day light aircraft use the same for flap control.

rpgielow
04-26-2011, 11:12 PM
The Stuka has the same system, but there is an indicator on the gunsight right side. If I am not mistaken, it is a small gauge with a "k" inside and a needdle that indicates radiator's position. The detail here is that the indicator only works with engine running. That's beautiful systems complexity :)

IvanK
04-27-2011, 01:02 AM
BF109E has analogue indicators in Wing upper surface (as does BF110). In the case of the 109 the indicator is a small stick that is marked in 1/4s. When the radiator is closed the sticks are flush with the wing surface.

In the case of the 110's its marked in Red and White divisions. Again fully closed sticks are flush with the upper wing surface.

Orpheus
07-05-2011, 03:40 PM
Not a water radiators question but this is the only HE111 controls thread I could see. Anyone else having trouble with their superchargers in this plane? I tried mapping the keys, no luck. I've seen them moved with the mouse in an engine startup video, but that doesn't work either - they just won't budge.

Thoughts?

JG53Frankyboy
07-05-2011, 03:57 PM
let me gues you flew the He111P ?!
the P is engined with DB601 engines. The DB601 as a automatic variable supercharger. There is nothing to shift between low and high blower setting. That the control bar is still there, well......the game is still WIP :D

The He111H is engined with Jumo211 engines, there the manual shifting between low and high blower is working and needed (in a Heinkel)

The Ju87 should have a setting for an automatic shifting between the two speeds and a setting for low blower only.
In the moment in the game there is a manual shifting between low and high blower - that is wrong.

Orpheus
07-05-2011, 04:50 PM
let me gues you flew the He111P ?!
the P is engined with DB601 engines. The DB601 as a automatic variable supercharger. There is nothing to shift between low and high blower setting. That the control bar is still there, well......the game is still WIP :D

The He111H is engined with Jumo211 engines, there the manual shifting between low and high blower is working and needed (in a Heinkel)

The Ju87 should have a setting for an automatic shifting between the two speeds and a setting for low blower only.
In the moment in the game there is a manual shifting between low and high blower - that is wrong.

Thanks for the info! :)