PDA

View Full Version : I was hoping there would be a smooth pan mode for Hat switch

The Sea People
04-25-2011, 01:30 AM
I was hoping there would be a smooth pan mode for Hat switch. Yet it seems to be the same as il2. In il2 I used "newview" program to get this feature. Would be nice if this functionality could be added eventually. I realise more important things to sort for now though.

Kakashi
04-25-2011, 02:41 AM
I was hoping there would be a smooth pan mode for Hat switch. Yet it seems to be the same as il2. In il2 I used "newview" program to get this feature. Would be nice if this functionality could be added eventually. I realise more important things to sort for now though.

You could also look into mouse emulation for the joystick's hat. Unfortunately I can only give you this one lead as I remember making it work for IL2 back in the days (looooooooooooooooooong time ago) But not at all how I came to make it work anymore. (Maybe joytokey, MAYBE)

Anyway you are not very clear on what you are trying to do here, but it feels like you would like the joy's hat to move the view like your mouse would correct?

Anyways good luck! Sorry I can't be of more help.

The Sea People
04-25-2011, 03:17 AM
Y
Anyway you are not very clear on what you are trying to do here, but it feels like you would like the joy's hat to move the view like your mouse would correct?

Yes that would be correct. Be nice if I could set that up within game, like in the Eagle Dynamics games.

Sokol1
04-25-2011, 04:07 AM
The Sea People,

Get NewView 37X - work with CloD, in the same way as in IL-2.

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=129629&d=1301134536

When open for the first time, click in US flag to change language.

1. Get NewView 37X, extract to some folder, ie. :\NewView.
2. Run Config.exe in NewView folder, close.
3. Delete the file IL-2 Shturmovik_ Battle for Britaniyu_1.INI in NewView folder.
4. Rund CloD and close.
5. In NewView folder, see if a new IL-2 Shturmovik_ Battle for Britaniyu_1.INI was created.
6. If yes, run Config.exe again, go to joystick tab, select you joystick and test HAT movement.
7. Hit "Apply" and close Config.exe.
8. Run CloD, and test HAT.

Related topic in Sukhoi/IL-2BoB (CloD) forum:

http://translate.google.com.br/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=pt-BR&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sukhoi.ru%2Fforum%2Fforum.php

Sokol1

The Sea People
04-25-2011, 04:31 AM
Ok Sokol, good 2 know. I will try that.

nodlew
04-25-2011, 08:13 PM
I can confirm that JoyToKey applies mouse emulation to the Joystick's hat switch perfectly. I have a Saitek X-45, but because of driver issues, JoyToKey is the only way I can set up extended functions of the controls--but I think it is probably better anyway, there are virtually unlimited options in setting up your stick and throttle. With the hat in mouse emulation mode, the response is smooth and instantaneous, and appears to have no ill-effects on game performance. Also, you can customize the speed at which the hat switch will pan your view, or you can set it up so that by pressing a button or key, you get a slow look-around for normal flight, or by using it alone, you get a quick look-around for combat. It is a very simple, but really powerful and well thought out application.