PDA

View Full Version : FFB ground rumble request

reflected
04-24-2011, 08:27 PM
Can we please have a moderate rumble FFB effect as our plane rolls on the ground? Then it would stop as it lifts into the air. Right now all we have is occasional kicks which is not good enough. Shouldn't be hard to implement, eh?
Thanks!

lensman1945
04-24-2011, 08:41 PM
+1
would be much more realistic...I doubt there would be violent kicks through the stick even on rough surfaces.

reflected
04-25-2011, 09:02 AM
+1
would be much more realistic...I doubt there would be violent kicks through the stick even on rough surfaces.

yepp...and this rumble is there in evry other sim, but this one :(

frenchfly
04-25-2011, 06:02 PM
I'm working on replacing the kick effect with something a little more realistic(this still won't give us the effect all the way down the runway as it should be). once I test it and get something somewhat believable I'll share it with you guys. I've already changed the spring effects to have more resistance on the elevators than the ailerons(was told this is more realistic by a pilot friend). Another change I made was have a better effect on the cannons (heavier feel to it) Since I felt it was too similar to the machine guns. Overall I toned down all the effects to a more acceptable level for me (others may feel differently).

F

frenchfly
04-26-2011, 02:27 AM
As I mentioned in my previous reply here is a link to download my ffb files, just back-up your originals and replace with these if you wish. Also feel free to mix and match with the originals if you prefer some of those.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3N4I86N4

cheers

greypeace
04-28-2011, 02:11 PM
If you can do without it ,simply rename the punch.ffe to Xpunch.ffe(or any other name)
so the sim will not see it and if you want it back you reset the name to normal
That is what I did

reflected
04-28-2011, 07:38 PM
I actually modified my punch file to a short rumble that fades in and out. Still, it would be nice to have a constant one wile you're rolling - the faster the stronger.

greypeace
04-29-2011, 06:22 AM
You have one on me:cool:
Some time ago I got the FFedit file and tried to use it
I never could figure it out as the files created were very different from the original IL2 files:confused:
I was using it for IL2 and also to figure out the works of the PID (Physical interface devices in USB)
So I now can only roughly edit the data fields with a Hex editor
I would like to be able to use FFedit though:cool:
I guess I am too dum
I then lost interest and ... the damn file...:)

meplay
04-29-2011, 09:53 AM
Yeah thats one of the things missing from the ffb!

Also i would say feeling the bombs dropping would be good aswell!

greypeace
04-29-2011, 10:20 AM
Bombs are there see bomb.ffe

Jotaele
04-29-2011, 06:59 PM
Has someone tried FSforce for FSX? Its the best FFB esperience that i had.
One of the best effects is the elevator weight that push the stick foward when vel is 0, due to his weight.Then when you speedup , the stick becomes centered.It feeled very realistic. I would like to see this effect here too!