PDA

View Full Version : I'm missing my aircraft shudder.

kimosabi
04-24-2011, 11:25 AM
Searched the forums but no go.

One of my fav features of IL-2 1946 was the shudder at low speeds and the feedback it gave me when cruisin low, playin around. Am I wrongfully missing something here? Feels like the aircraft just sinks without much feedback, regardless of model/manufacturer. Yes I fly full switch.

Another thing is the FFB from the new patch, not much shakes to mention but there is decreased spring pressure the slower I fly. Where's my shakes? :)

The FFB implementation seems a bit lacking so far. Any plans for further expanding it? Cheers!

Sauf
04-24-2011, 03:00 PM
Jeez you FFB users are a tough crowd to please lol.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c93/spritzen/tumblr_ljkn9vrcsN1qzfkv0o1_500.jpg

Was hoping with the patch that that whine would be crossed of our list, but alas no, same with Tvrdi, whenever I see his avatar I just know I'm gonna see the "v-sync" word lol.

:-P

kimosabi
04-24-2011, 03:07 PM
I'd give that troll attempt a 1/10. ;)

Try harder pl0x!

Sauf
04-24-2011, 03:15 PM
well thats 1 better than my average score, though I admit there's still room for improvment.

kimosabi
04-24-2011, 03:17 PM
There's always room for improvement regardless!

heloguy
04-24-2011, 03:23 PM
I'm waiting on my force feedback stick, so I can't say what it feels like, but I thought the slackening in the controls at low speeds was due to less air flow over the control surfaces, causing them to get mushy and less responsive. The shake, or buffet is something you would feel in the airframe more than the controls I would guess. Then again, I haven't flown fixed wing yet.

kimosabi
04-24-2011, 03:35 PM
Yes but I'm not in an aircraft when I play CloD, and the buffeting is a feature that was implemented in IL-2 1946, gently relayed onto your stick via FFB. You know, since you're not in a plane and all.

I've tested it some more now and I gotta say that the FM of CloD is not as revealing as it is in IL-2 1946. Parked my nose up, clean config, trimmed out at 130-140km/h at 1000m and could basically stay there hands off the stick. No wai I'd pull that off in 1946. And then BANG, wingstall. No warnings, no nothing. In 1946 I'd have several warnings before that happened. Needs moar testing.

Hatch
04-25-2011, 09:51 AM
Agreed as the stick is the only point through which we receive physical info, it would be nice to be able tp somehow simulate/ combine alle force's felt in real life into the FFB.