PDA

View Full Version : FPS Counter

blackjack04
04-23-2011, 06:31 AM
Guys, am trying to get the fps counter working in game but when I press Shift+Tab all I get is some steam panel showing Friends, News and Screen Shots. Have been into steam settings and under the In-Game tab there is a check box to Enable Steam Community. This must be what is popping up. How do I get rid of it and activate the editing screen for fps. Thanks BJ

gonk
04-23-2011, 07:12 AM
I have to Shift Tab twice... Looks like steam uses the same keys as the console. Once the console is up type :- fps START SHOW

I has to be in capitals.. I am not yelling. tic.

Don't remember how to stop....

Try remapping the console key to something else if Steam is too much of a pain..

LT.INSTG8R
04-23-2011, 08:06 AM
Mine had no keys mapped for the Console so I just assigned one(after pressing Shift-Tab to no avail)

blackjack04
04-23-2011, 08:50 PM
Thanks guys, figured it out. Had to remap key for it. Must have been a conflict with what was in the steam panel. Just have to work on getting rid of or moving the other text showing at top of screen. BJ

mungee
04-23-2011, 09:22 PM
I figured out how to get the frame-counter functioning through the "console".
I can get the frame counter started - with 'fps START SHOW" but I'm NOT succeeding in switching the frame-counter off!!

When I type in "fps STOP", the frame counter remains visible at the top of the screen.

Am I doing it wrong?

Troll2k
04-23-2011, 09:40 PM
I believe it is fps STOP SHOW