PDA

View Full Version : Jumpy imput?

Armatian
04-21-2011, 12:13 PM
I'm seeing videos, i've yet to buy the game, and performance hasn't me worried as much as the jumpy input i see, with controllers with tenths of thousands of steps, i see control surfaces and sticks/throttle moving in clearly visible steps, is that just an animation limit or it will be really hard to do the final 5% aiming?
Input delay that some users report combined with gross steps could be a problem.

Phazon
04-21-2011, 01:06 PM
I have no idea why the animations for all the planes are not smooth as they should. Its like that for every movable element including the control sticks, throttles, ailerons, elevators etc.

Its not a framerate thing, even when you are getting good FPS it still looks jerky.

Mango
04-24-2011, 08:41 PM
I'm seeing the same thing. Does anyone have an update on this?

Tempered
04-24-2011, 08:55 PM
Lowering the prerendered frames from 3 to 2 in the nvidia control panel made a huge improvement for me. No more jerky controls. You can also adjust the axes in the game to be less or more linear, which may also help.

Mango
04-24-2011, 10:45 PM
Adjusting the axis (everything set to 0) seemed to help a lot. Thanks!

1.JaVA_Platypus
04-24-2011, 10:46 PM
The jerky control column and onther handles/pokes are animation problems. The actual controls are as smooth as silk.