PDA

View Full Version : Level Stabilizer?

1.JaVA_Platypus
04-19-2011, 09:44 PM
Well, just a question about the level stabilizer. Did anybody work it out already? You can assign a key for it in the controls\aircraft section. It is listed under "Level stabilzier" wich is misspelled as I understand. I tried several keys, including several combinations with SHIFT and CTRL. It shows up in the *.ini file as: "N=horstab01". This is only after you save your key assignments in a file. The N is the key I assigned. The file is stored in the:
my documents\1C Softclub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover directory

But well, horizontal stabilizer is not working in the game (yet) I did not try all of the aircraft. But the level stabilizer is a feature that is pretty essential to the serious bomber pilot, so I would like to have it functioning within Il-2 COD. Even if it isn't an historic feature. In real life, the bomb-aimer would also have to rely on someone else to keep the aircraft steady and horizontal. Also, there seems to be something wrong with the course-autopilot in the Ju-88.

Great game by the way! I enjoy every minute and every little detail of it!

PissyChrissy
05-16-2011, 01:10 AM
It seems (reading other threads) that the level stabilizer is not yet functional.

There also seems to be difficulty with the gyro autopilot as well. Some say they can get it to fly a steady course in the HE-111, but my experience is that while you can set a course and engage the autopilot, it constantly overshoots the desired course, overcompensating repetitively, resulting in a constant wobble.

In any case, for me, neither of those functions are functional, which makes levle bombing impossible. Hopefully this will be solved with the next patch, though i won't hold my breath as there seems to be many higher priorities.