PDA

View Full Version : Plane pulling to right all the time

phil759
04-18-2011, 12:35 PM
Hi,
when in flight if i let go of my joystick the plane pulls to the right. I have set up and tested the JS in game options and windows and it works fine, what am i not doing right?
I have a Saitek x52
thanks,

Letum
04-18-2011, 11:42 PM
http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question/dynamics/q0015a.shtml

onchas
04-23-2011, 01:30 AM
Letum, this occurs with torque and gyro turned off and in easy mode.

Either torque and gyro can't actually be turned off, there's an interface problems with the hardware, or there's another setting somewhere overridding the realism settings.

Stauff
04-24-2011, 02:04 AM
It cant be trimmed on easy mode. Regards torque it wouldnt pull to the right...

Me and my friend have both the same sticks (X52-pro) and no matter what we try the ailerons trim dont work at all.

Can someone please tell us how to solve this issue?
Do we need a profile or what?

jimbop
04-24-2011, 03:25 AM

Me and my friend have both the same sticks (X52-pro) and no matter what we try the ailerons trim dont work at all.

What aircraft? Most have elevator trim, many have rudder trim and few have aileron trim.

ScareCroweb
04-24-2011, 05:25 AM
What aircraft? Most have elevator trim, many have rudder trim and few have aileron trim.

are all aircraft's suppose to drift in either directions with torque and gyro effect turned off?

does it matter if an aircraft has or has not a trim? isn't an aircraft suppose to fly straight and level if the torque is not enabled.

stauff says "It cant be trimmed on easy mode" "bug" imo
stauff says "Regards torque it wouldn't pull to the right..." this is true so why does it pull to the right? random bug imo

Onchas says: "this occurs with torque and gyro turned off and in easy mode. " again this is indicating a bug

Onchas says: "Either torque and gyro can't actually be turned off, there's an interface problems with the hardware, or there's another setting somewhere overridding the realism settings. "

the fact that the turn is going the wrong way this is again indicating a huge error in the game.

I've tried this game myself and I cant successfully trim out ANY aircraft's in easy or normal mode.

Zoom2136
04-24-2011, 11:25 PM

Spits and Hurries did not have aileron trim IRL, only rudder trim. And you can cancel out the rolling tendancy of the spit and hurry with rudder trim.

ScareCroweb
04-25-2011, 12:25 AM
Spits and Hurries did not have aileron trim IRL, only rudder trim. And you can cancel out the rolling tendancy of the spit and hurry with rudder trim.

Once again I have to mention this is not about if the aircraft has or has not aileron trim, its about why it drifts in easy and normal mode, its not suppose to drift at all. period but it seems that the setting to disable torque does the same as turning the engine off in realistic mode. and that's not really easy at all to fly with so they need to fix this.

onchas
04-25-2011, 02:14 AM

Scarecroweb dealt with the face that there's a bug in there somewhere, obviously. But rudder trim isn't much of a solution because you're trying to counter a rolling tendency. The amount of rudder you have to use adds a fair amount of parasitic drag.

Since MSFS1 developers have been making the concession to the interface devices we have (self-centering joysticks and keyboards), the lack of feedback through the control surfaces to the stick and rudder, and, hell, even the fact that we can't steady our sticks with our knees to perform other tasks, to allow for some degree of trimming up airplanes to reduce pilot workload.

I don't begrudge folks who want to be total realism warriors, but there should be a setting that allows for the use of three-axis trim to reduce workload during cruise, and yet still have torque effects.

justme262
04-25-2011, 07:04 AM
There is a setting to reduce pilot workload on all three axis for cruise with out touching the stick... autopilot.
Of course it's totally unrealistic and I can't imagine wanting to use it. Once you are used to flying with engine torque, flying out it feels silly and totally unrealistic.
Half the art of flying is leaning into the torque with your rudder while turning hard and trying to avoid a torque induced stall. If you remove that then there is nothing stopping you from pulling the stick as far is it will go and no chance of stalling. It so easy you can't loose. Then there is no skill to flying.
You might think that is fun for a little while but I think you will want to learn to fly with realistic physics as it's much more satisfying once you've learned.

ScareCroweb
04-25-2011, 01:47 PM
There is a setting to reduce pilot workload on all three axis for cruise with out touching the stick... autopilot.
Of course it's totally unrealistic and I can't imagine wanting to use it. Once you are used to flying with engine torque, flying out it feels silly and totally unrealistic.
Half the art of flying is leaning into the torque with your rudder while turning hard and trying to avoid a torque induced stall. If you remove that then there is nothing stopping you from pulling the stick as far is it will go and no chance of stalling. It so easy you can't loose. Then there is no skill to flying.
You might think that is fun for a little while but I think you will want to learn to fly with realistic physics as it's much more satisfying once you've learned.

Have you even read the thread? this is not a thread about realism or why some would choose to turn off torque its about a bug in the game

onchas
04-25-2011, 04:11 PM

Yeah, so the point here is that there's a bug in the realism settings or in the input interface.

Some people have been reporting that all planes roll right, regardless of the direction their props turn. I haven't spawned every plane to find out if that's the case, but if it is, then this is not related to torque effects whatsoever.

I've read your post a few times trying to make sense of it, and the simplest response I can come up with is: Trim doesn't magically reduce drag and increase turn performance. Lots of sims have worked this out in the past, allowing folks to enjoy all the thrills and excitement of torque and gyro effects, and still be able to trim up their aeroplane.