PDA

View Full Version : 109 v spit

drewpee
04-17-2011, 01:47 PM
Is it just me. While flying the 109 I'm lucky to get 5% hits and do little damage. flying the spit I get 10% or more. I can also light up a 109 with a 2 second burst but the 20mls struggle to slow a spit down.

Also the convergence on the 109 is only 100mts when the cowl guns are best set 400mts +. I also was led to believe 20mm cannon shells traveled further in a straight line because of their mass and didn't need the velocity to do damage. There for the default settings should be set to a longer range.

Further more fuel levels should be lower from the flight across the channel. Don't get me wrong, people will say the spit is under gunned underpowered and should turn better, I don't know. I have always played the under dog as I like the challenge but it seems the fewer advantages the 109 had (there aren't many) makes it a loosing battle.

I hope future patches will address some of the flight model instead of FPS. If I'm wrong and the 109 was a dud I apologize, Id prefer the sim to be factual rather than an even match up between blue and red.

41Sqn_Stormcrow
04-17-2011, 02:00 PM
I don't have the impression that the 109 is weaker gunned. Actually when I score on Spits I usually have quick kills while I have to pump lead into the 109 when I fly a Spit.

I just killed 3 Spits with very little. After having killed the 2nd Spit I still had 11 rounds of my cannon guns.

It seems quite spot on.

I have full realism except for antropomorphic limitations.

skouras
04-17-2011, 02:04 PM
the trick is to fire a short bust of mg to know where the tracers go and then fire some cannons;)
i can ensure you that i can do much more damage with the me109
than with the spit

drewpee
04-17-2011, 02:11 PM
Ok thanks I'll keep practising my gunnery skills.
Thanks guys:grin:

Skoshi Tiger
04-18-2011, 10:02 AM
I also was led to believe 20mm cannon shells traveled further in a straight line because of their mass and didn't need the velocity to do damage. There for the default settings should be set to a longer range.

Who ever told you that should study physics to gain a better understanding of ballistics. All rounds regardless of their mass are effected by gravity. The faster the velocity, the further the round will travel for the same amount of drop, that is it will have a flatter trajectory.

The mass of the round as well as it's velocity at impact will effect how much kinetic engergy the round will have.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/External_ballistics

Cheers.

drewpee
04-19-2011, 02:22 AM
That's a very lite read(not). Your right they travel in an ark loosing energy as they go. What I meant is 20mm cannon shells are more lethal a longer range than mg rounds when using explosive rounds.:-)