PDA

View Full Version : He-115 takeoff

slm
04-17-2011, 09:31 AM
Is it possible to make a mission where a He-115 would take off from water?
I tried this with first waypoint having altitude and speed 0. The plane doesn't start from surface level or even from the position it should have, over water. Instead it starts from inflight, above ground and maybe 100m altitude and falls to ground because it has no speed.

Is this a bug?

ps. would be nice to have a separate forum for mission building discussions.... Like there was in Ubi's IL2 forum

addman
04-17-2011, 09:53 AM
Good question and yet another thing that a lot of people would like to know. FMB documentation would be really helpful.

Avimimus
04-17-2011, 03:15 PM
There exists some ability to create new airbases in the FMB (with special landing waypoints). You might try applying these.

In the original Il-2 AI floatplanes only landed and took off at special locations ("water airfield").

slm
04-17-2011, 03:59 PM
FMB seems to have Airfield objects and SpawnPoint objects. Spawn point allows you to select which plane types can spawn from a point. He-115 isn't listed, so I guess Spawn point isn't the solution here.

Ataros
05-17-2011, 08:01 AM
Spawn point allows you to select which plane types can spawn from a point. He-115 isn't listed, so I guess Spawn point isn't the solution here.

Spawn points are for online human players to spawn. Bots can spawn anywhere, even in the air.

Did not try water takeoff yet though.