PDA

View Full Version : Mouse view issue/smooth panning

AnarchyZG
04-17-2011, 09:23 AM
I have a question for devs (or anyone):

In Il-2 you could use the mouse for looking around in the cockpit. Using joystick software you could set your hat switch to emulate the mouse and thus have smooth pan view using above mentioned hat switch.

In CoD it seems that when you use mouse view, you are severely limited in the angle to about 90 degrees (regardless of FOV or shoulder straps). Furthermore it seems to be linked to the last pan view angle.

The result is that it seems impossible to have smooth panning view which makes it difficult to track enemy aircraft (and not to mention the headache from rough pan view). Am I missing something?

The picture below illustrates the issue (green = pan view range, red = mouse look range)

Wolf_Rider
04-17-2011, 09:34 AM
use the Pan View, which the stick Hat is mapped to by default

F10 toggles Mouse look/ clickable cockpit/ TIR

I have full range Mouse Look, which is very smooth -no stutters whatsoever

Revvy
04-17-2011, 10:32 AM
It would be nice if the view would snap back like the previous when using the hat, don't understand this strange improvement?:confused:

Wolf_Rider
04-17-2011, 10:36 AM
a hatswitch should snap back to centre

AnarchyZG
04-17-2011, 11:48 AM
@Revvy: what you are describing is snap view, you can set it up in game controls

What I'm talking about is mouse view not having the same range of movement like the pan view. Here is the track that illustrates this:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9916878/problem.trk

With pan I can view all around the cockpit, with mouse view I can view only about 100 deg or so. Is there any way to report this issue to the devs?

Wolf_Rider
04-17-2011, 12:07 PM
there's no need for a third party mouse on stick emulation though, its all in game already

AnarchyZG
04-17-2011, 01:19 PM
there's no need for a third party mouse on stick emulation though, its all in game already

I don't think You understand the problem I was describing...

I CAN use the mouseview, but it does not allow the FULL RANGE of motion. Regardless of whether I use hat switch emulating the mouse or proper mouse.

Tully
05-13-2011, 12:37 PM
I get full range of motion with mouse either using the mouse or mouse emulation on a joystick hat (X-52 native mouse mode).... but only when the shoulder straps are tightened (shift-F1 by default to toggle seating position / shoulder straps) so that the pilot is sitting back from the gunsight. When leaning forward I can only pan the range you describe.