PDA

View Full Version : Static planes DM

salmo
04-17-2011, 04:34 AM
I see from the video below that static planes have the same (or similar) DM to IL2. They just turn black with thin plume of black smoke over them. The development of ClOD presented an opportunity to fix the much complained about unrealistic static plane DM, but this hasn't occurred. I wonder why static planes don't have the same DM as flyables?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6xGuqK42TU&feature=player_embedded

csThor
04-17-2011, 06:31 AM
Simple answer - it saves a helluva processing power. ;)

6S.Manu
04-17-2011, 09:42 AM
Simple answer - it saves a helluva processing power. ;)

Meh... They could use a simple DM (and nothing else: no AI, no instruments, no FM calculations). Giving the DM management on another core it should not have a great impact on the performance. You only need to keep the DM parts who cause a visual damage on them (holes) or because of them (flames).

It's sure that this actual "2 states" DM for the stationary airpanes it's a great immersion killer during the gound attacks...

I'm willing to wait that day.

PS: of course I use the word "should" since I'm not in the development team and I don't know the code. But I doubt anyone here know it.

Kurfurst
04-17-2011, 10:36 AM
I see from the video below that static planes have the same (or similar) DM to IL2.

AFAIK Luthier commented the Il2COD's static planes have the same complex DM as flying planes. Perhaps the damage graphics are dumbed down only..