PDA

View Full Version : Advice Needed - Throttle is FUBAR on CH Combatstick

Swordsman
04-16-2011, 03:56 PM
For some odd reason, I cannot get the throttle to go above 2000 RPM in virtually any aircraft I fly now. Yes, I have the throttle mapped to the throttle wheel on my CH Combatstick in the Axis settings and I think I have the little sliders set up correctly for the throttle per advice I read in another post on the 1C Controls forum :

slider 1 = .02
slider 2 = .00
slider 3 = 1.00
slider 4 = .00
slider 5 = .02

Sometimes when I start a quick mission, for example low level dogfight, and I advance the throttle wheel forward, the RPM will climb maybe to 3600, but then it almost immediately falls back to 2000 RPM and won't go any higher after that. By the way, I have Complex Engine Management (CEM) turned off. I tested and had the same issue with CEM turned on as well.

Another interesting and perhaps pertinent thing is that I get the same behavior when I advance the throttle using the keyboard keys. The RPM's won't climb past 2000. I have tested this issue many times including restarting the game, rebooting the machine, using different throttle slider settings,etc, and I always have the same problem. As I stated earlier, I also get the problem no matter which aircraft I fly.

Any ideas, or is this a bug that was introduced in the latest beta patch? I never, ever had this problem before the beta patch was installed.

Regards,
Swordsman:)

Swordsman
04-17-2011, 01:23 PM
No ideas on this problem?

Ataros
04-18-2011, 12:44 PM
Change prop pitch to manage RPM with CEM on. With CEM off AI sets it to cruise rpm for you. Do not trust AI ))