PDA

View Full Version : Vibration (Force feedback) settings?

acare84
04-16-2011, 01:12 PM
Hi, I think there is no vibration settings in the game? How can I enable vibration (force feedback) for the game? I have a force feedback supported joystick but it's not vibrating in Cliffs of Dover. Thanks.

322Sqn_Dusty
04-16-2011, 01:47 PM
FF not fully working or even absent. G940 has some basic ff but doesn't react on firing like 1946. Ffb looks enabled by default in the conf.ini (rts, FF=1). Search the forum for more info.

Revvy
04-17-2011, 11:35 AM
Still looking for a way to get force feed back but as of yet nothing, Thurstermaster pro shock.:confused:

bDAWg
04-17-2011, 11:53 AM
yes shocking but true...no FFB:shock:....and with the head shake bugged and out of order it makes for an awful smooth experience from the cockpit perspective...kinda reminds me of CFS3.....no that's unfair....Cliffs of Dover is 1,000 times better regardless of it's problems compared to that fiasco

acare84
04-18-2011, 07:19 AM
Thanks for the answers. I hope they will release a patch about this future. :)

Jones
09-11-2012, 07:07 PM
Has Force Feedback ever been enabled in this game? I'm using an old MS FFB2. My guess is "No" but I may have missed something.

lensman1945
09-11-2012, 08:17 PM
Has Force Feedback ever been enabled in this game? I'm using an old MS FFB2. My guess is "No" but I may have missed something.

yes..it works well for me..and I'm using a MS FFB2 as well.

Jones
09-11-2012, 08:36 PM
yes..it works well for me..and I'm using a MS FFB2 as well.
Did you need to toggle anything in the config settings? If so, where? I couldn't find anything through the interface. I have yet to look through the file structures for an .ini file or something similar though.

Many thanks.

lensman1945
09-11-2012, 09:10 PM
Did you need to toggle anything in the config settings? If so, where? I couldn't find anything through the interface. I have yet to look through the file structures for an .ini file or something similar though.

Many thanks.

It was 'plug and play' for me, I didn't have to change anything in the config. However, there is an entry in the config file, under 'rts_joystick' .. FF=1.

might be worth checking that on your installation

good luck :)

ATAG_Dutch
09-11-2012, 09:50 PM
There is nothing wrong with the force-feedback with my G940.

If I suffer engine damage, the thing nearly jumps out of my hand. Vibrations from guns are all there, particularly strong in the 109 with the cannon effect.
Controls are very loose on the ground and very firm at high speed, just as they should be.

The only problem I have is that the stick continues to vibrate after I've run out of ammo. Everything else is spot-on.

Jones
09-11-2012, 09:58 PM
Mine comes with FF=1 in the section you mentioned. Maybe it's not activated for the biplane used in the training mission? I'll see what it's like in a "real" plane.

Thanks for your help.

arthursmedley
09-13-2012, 06:16 PM
There is nothing wrong with the force-feedback with my G940.

If I suffer engine damage, the thing nearly jumps out of my hand. Vibrations from guns are all there, particularly strong in the 109 with the cannon effect.
Controls are very loose on the ground and very firm at high speed, just as they should be.

The only problem I have is that the stick continues to vibrate after I've run out of ammo. Everything else is spot-on.

Dutch, does FF work for you continually? I use a MSFF2 and FF only seems to kick in over 300km/h or so. This makes take off and landing doubly exciting! Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

phoenix1963
09-13-2012, 09:32 PM
Dutch, does FF work for you continually? I use a MSFF2 and FF only seems to kick in over 300km/h or so. This makes take off and landing doubly exciting! Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

I also have an MSFF2 and I don't get this effect.

I do get loss of FFB on Alt-Tabbing for a minute or two (was permanent in 46).

I don't get the same slackening of centre force with low speed as in 46, and remember Oleg was against FFB as "unrealistic".

56RAF_phoenix

arthursmedley
09-13-2012, 11:02 PM
I also have an MSFF2 and I don't get this effect.

I don't get the same slackening of centre force with low speed as in 46, and remember Oleg was against FFB as "unrealistic".

56RAF_phoenix

Hmmmm.......that's interesting. I'll have to have a fiddle around with settings.

Thanks phoenix.

lonewulf
09-14-2012, 02:41 AM
I used to have a G940 and like a number of other sticks it certainly had its fair share of issues. In the end it lost functionality on so many buttons I was forced to abandon it. Of all it's features I dearly miss force feedback the most. It adds so much to the overall experience. You could really feel the tight turns, the flaps and gear as they came down, the guns and the effect of increased speed on the control surfaces. In some respects I think it actually made life more difficult for the pilot BUT boy, it really was a lot of fun.

ATAG_Dutch
09-14-2012, 02:42 AM

In offline missions, such as the 'free flight England' quick mission, it takes a few sharp tugs on the stick (ahem) to get the FFB to 'kick in'. Online I have no such problems.

If I alt/tab out of the game, then alt/tab back in, the stick goes rock solid for a couple of minutes, or until I've given it a few good tugs (ahem). But all in all these are small problems. The FFB with my stick works great. I even get the gentle pre-stall buffet in high speed turns with the Spit, which gets more severe if you tighten up. It's a major advantage to flying the Spit in the game, as it works exactly as you read in the books.

The bad thing is that if I jump in a Hurri, I keep stalling, because I don't get the pre-stall buffet in the Hurri like I do in the Spit.

In short, I love my G940. ;)

Varrattu
09-14-2012, 10:20 AM
In offline missions, such as the 'free flight England' quick mission, it takes a few sharp tugs on the stick (ahem) to get the FFB to 'kick in'. Online I have no such problems.

If I alt/tab out of the game, then alt/tab back in, the stick goes rock solid for a couple of minutes, or until I've given it a few good tugs (ahem). But all in all these are small problems. The FFB with my stick works great. I even get the gentle pre-stall buffet in high speed turns with the Spit, which gets more severe if you tighten up. It's a major advantage to flying the Spit in the game, as it works exactly as you read in the books.

The bad thing is that if I jump in a Hurri, I keep stalling, because I don't get the pre-stall buffet in the Hurri like I do in the Spit.

In short, I love my G940. ;)

Confirmed! http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/images/icons/icon14.gif

I won't miss my G940 ....