PDA

View Full Version : mixture and prop pitch

Eshark
04-16-2011, 11:52 AM
Hi All
Iam right assume prop pich and mixture cannot be set up in increments,because try as I might I cannot to bind a key to prop pitch 90%,80% or any other percentage come to to think of it,same with mixture it either on rich or lean no in between.
I dont know what iam doing wrong but only certain keys seem to work and they are either full or minimum

LcSummers
04-16-2011, 11:55 AM
Hi All
Iam right assume prop pich and mixture cannot be set up in increments,because try as I might I cannot to bind a key to prop pitch 90%,80% or any other percentage come to to think of it,same with mixture it either on rich or lean no in between.
I dont know what iam doing wrong but only certain keys seem to work and they are either full or minimum

I have these problems if too. To engage the prop pitch i have to give full throttle and then prop pitch is working fine.

With the mixture i have the same problems in the Hurricane and Bf 109 too.

Eshark
04-16-2011, 12:04 PM
at least you can engage prop pitch I have just tried it and it will only go to full or min ,I dont understand why the game does not recognise my key controlls or some axis controls

whoarmongar
04-16-2011, 12:08 PM
It depends on the aircraft your flying. Some props are variable some have only two positions, course/fine. for example fly the spit 1a, both pitch and mix have only two positions, Rich/lean. and Coarse/fine. Switch to the Spit IIa and the Prop is now very variable , the mix is still only two positions.

Eshark
04-16-2011, 12:53 PM
ah ah so thats why iam doin a homer simpson dohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
cheers for the info whoarmongar