PDA

View Full Version : High altitude flight & beta patch

Tymi
04-16-2011, 07:54 AM
I haven't tried the beta patch yet but could someone test the high altitude handling of the planes? Currently it's pretty much impossible to fly at higher altitudes because of the shaking of the cockpit and engine misfiring (or am i just a total noob who can't fly?) It get's really nauseating after a while and i dont think the real planes handled like that.. But im not a real pilot so what do i know. Thanks in advance!

utu
04-16-2011, 11:31 AM
I agree with you. It seems that this beta patch flying at high altitude is slightly better, but the epileptic shaking is still there. However the people here don't care about this problem, are they all not using full CEM?

kubanskiloewe
04-16-2011, 02:15 PM
f.e.
in a 110 i never reached 7000m over water; boostpressure drops dramatically above 4000m and in 6000m i got under 1bar and speedloss is immense (250km/h IAS)

Tymi
04-16-2011, 02:56 PM
I agree with you. It seems that this beta patch flying at high altitude is slightly better, but the epileptic shaking is still there. However the people here don't care about this problem, are they all not using full CEM?

Yep! I have been wondering why there are no threads about this but plenty of threads about other problems.

fruitbat
04-16-2011, 03:04 PM
there have been they just keep fading away, seems most people don't care/haven't noticed.

i think most people get a nose bleed if they go over 10,000ft:(

bongodriver
04-16-2011, 03:12 PM
I think everyone is preoccupied flying over london and counting fps

utu
04-16-2011, 03:33 PM
first: the people fight at sea level, this happens because you can start fighting at 15.000ft but you'll stop it at ground or sea level, where the engine seems running good without stuttering (engine stuttering).
second: many virtual pilots believe that engine stutters is turbulence, but you can verify this very easily: throttle down and magically no more "turbulence", so this is an engine business. The turbulence affects the plane at max and min throttle.
Third: other people think the enginge stutter as the typical cut-out when you pull "g" up or down, but this damned engine stutter is there at "zero g", without any shaking on the cloche flying over 10.000ft.

If you can reach 18.000ft in full CEM (and full epileptic shaking), then you can decide for a level flight, and you can reduce the rpm at about 2000 (max prop pitch at min. throttle), using the lean mixture, but this cause, if possible, more epileptic shaking.

Tymi
04-16-2011, 03:42 PM
first: the people fight at sea level, this happens because you can start fighting at 15.000ft but you'll stop it at ground or sea level, where the engine seems running good without stuttering (engine stuttering).
second: many virtual pilots believe that engine stutters is turbulence, but you can verify this very easily: throttle down and magically no more "turbulence", so this is an engine business. The turbulence affects the plane at max and min throttle.
Third: other people think the enginge stutter as the typical cut-out when you pull "g" up or down, but this damned engine stutter is there at "zero g", without any shaking on the cloche flying over 10.000ft.

If you can reach 18.000ft in full CEM (and full epileptic shaking), then you can decide for a level flight, and you can reduce the rpm at about 2000 (max prop pitch at min. throttle), using the lean mixture, but this cause, if possible, more epileptic shaking.

Yes, and the shaking happens with both German and British airplanes. Seems like it's somehow connected to the manifold pressure..

fruitbat
04-16-2011, 03:43 PM
fuel mixture, i think.....

certainly in the RAF planes, its supposed to be auto rich, and auto lean, seems the auto part isn't working.....

Tymi
04-16-2011, 03:46 PM
fuel mixture, i think.....

certainly in the RAF planes, its supposed to be auto rich, and auto lean, seems the auto part isn't working.....

Hmm, yes, that seems like a more plausible explanation.

whoarmongar
04-16-2011, 03:56 PM
Spit IIa,CEM, nice level climb to 16000, but from then on engine problems shaking loss of airspeed, lean mix, got to 18000 just about but then big bug was suddenly at about 300 feet with a blown engine ! Seems the game just wont accept you being over about 18000.

fruitbat
04-16-2011, 03:58 PM
spit II (P 7280, test sept '40) had a ceiling of 37,600,

its a joke at the moment.

[RS]Boomer
04-16-2011, 06:04 PM
there have been they just keep fading away, seems most people don't care/haven't noticed.

i think most people get a nose bleed if they go over 10,000ft:(

Haha, thats the truth. Even in IL-2 1946, you would hardly run into people higher than 10K. And if you did, it was a good chance that pilot knows what he is doing. I always felt going into a combat area below 10K feet was like going into battle on the ground with just one clip of ammo for your rifle. You need to be able to have multiple types of attacks. Not just get on his six and shoot.

IvanK
04-16-2011, 10:55 PM
The issues with high altitude flying have been brought to the devs direct attention as a HIGH priority issue to fix.

jimbop
04-16-2011, 10:59 PM
Thought it was just me until I found this thread. Good to hear there's a fix on the way - thanks devs.

maxwellbest
04-16-2011, 11:08 PM
I am not alone, not being able to get my wheezing, old puffer Hurricane to climb! Has anyone gone from gear up to 20k plus in any crate in this sim yet?

fruitbat
04-16-2011, 11:37 PM
The issues with high altitude flying have been brought to the devs direct attention as a HIGH priority issue to fix.

Great news, thanks for posting.

Tymi
04-17-2011, 05:38 AM

Awesome! Thanks!

Tymi
04-18-2011, 05:10 PM
It seems like the fix didn't make it into the new patch. I just tested it quickly and the Bf 109 still shakes like hell @ 7km. Oh well, i guess i'll have to wait another few weeks before i can really start to enjoy this game :(

15JG52_Brauer
04-18-2011, 09:56 PM
It seems like the fix didn't make it into the new patch. I just tested it quickly and the Bf 109 still shakes like hell @ 7km. Oh well, i guess i'll have to wait another few weeks before i can really start to enjoy this game :(

Thinking of trademarking the phrase "CLOD_Hopping" to describe how it jumps around as it climbs out on anything but full throttle :evil: