PDA

View Full Version : Forgive me, need little help [Epilecy filter]

Conte Zero
04-15-2011, 02:53 PM
I can't find the thread I used to refer to about this issue, but nevermind. In fact, I still see many different definitions for this .INI entry

Epilepsyfilter?
Epilecyfilter?
Antiepilecy?

in a word: what is the right word I should write before "= 0" ?

Thank you and sorry, still confused.

b101uk
04-15-2011, 02:57 PM
I have the following :!:

EpilepsyFilter=0
EpilepcyFilter=0
Epilepsyfilter=0
Epilepcyfilter=0
Antiepilepsy=0
Antiepilepcy=0
AntiEpilepsy=0
AntiEpilepcy=0
AntiEpilepsyFilter=0
AntiEpilepcyFilter=0
Antiepilepsyfilter=0
Antiepilepcyfilter=0
antiepileptic=0
AntiEpileptic=0

As far as I can see threw FPS benchmarking with fraps and image testing regardless of if they are set to =1 or =0 it makes no difference :rolleyes:

Conte Zero
04-15-2011, 03:05 PM
I have the following :!:

EpilepsyFilter=0
EpilepcyFilter=0
Epilepsyfilter=0
Epilepcyfilter=0
Antiepilepsy=0
Antiepilepcy=0
AntiEpilepsy=0
AntiEpilepcy=0
AntiEpilepsyFilter=0
AntiEpilepcyFilter=0
Antiepilepsyfilter=0
Antiepilepcyfilter=0
antiepileptic=0
AntiEpileptic=0

As far as I can see threw FPS benchmarking with fraps and image testing regardless of if they are set to =1 or =0 it makes no difference :rolleyes:

you serious???
you mean you have inserted ALL those codes in your INI?
they go in the [core] section, right?

tf_neuro
04-18-2011, 11:30 AM
you serious???
...probably not...
:P

BTW you could just uncheck the 'epilepsy filter' checkbox in the Video Options interface
Main menu <=
Options <=
Video <=
Top-right corner <=
Epilepsy Filter (or antiepilepsy or whatever) checkbox <=
UNCHECK <=
Click OK <=
(restart game if prompted)
Done.

b101uk
04-18-2011, 01:01 PM
yes I have all ones I listed in my conf.ini that resides in the \....\My Documents\1C SoftClub\.....\conf.ini under the [BOB] section, the game its self changes "EpilepsyFilter=#" ware # is 0 or 1

from empirical testing using multiple runs of the same track and the fraps benchmark function to arrive at the standard deviation of video driver/graphics card/CPU/RAM fluctuation each time the game is restarted between test using the same .trk file with an automatic 160sec benchmark time, the figures for min/max/average FPS and total numbers of frames for the "EpilepsyFilter" being on or off are inside the natural standard deviation for repeat test.

That is to say the minimum frame rate was 42fps, the maximum frame rate was 67fps for all tests regardless of the "EpilepsyFilter" setting, the total frames rendered has a standard deviation of <79 frames with the highest "EpilepsyFilter=1" test being 5 rendered frames less than the highest "EpilepsyFilter=0" test, conversely the lowest recorded "EpilepsyFilter=0" test was 3 rendered frames lower than the lowest "EpilepsyFilter=1" test!

there for the 'epilepsy filter' at worst dose virtually nothing or the standard deviation of the video driver/graphics card/CPU/RAM fluctuation amounts to more or the 'epilepsy filter' is permanently on regardless of the conf.ini setting or it never existed in the first place.