PDA

View Full Version : Change Pilot Name?

pchaxor
04-15-2011, 11:37 AM
heh? I dont want my computer username to be my Pilot Name...
Where do I chanage this? It is not in the menus that I can see.

Please add an option devs.

Sauf
04-15-2011, 11:47 AM
It use's your steam profile name so you need to change that

pchaxor
04-15-2011, 11:50 AM
Nice ... so i have to use "haXor" That isn't going to go over well and may get me banned ... Would really like the option to change that without redoing my steam profile.

Silly.

Again, please add the option devs.

poderoso
04-15-2011, 01:55 PM
There is an option in Steam to change your Profile name (which can be different from your account name).
Go to View -> Settings (a pop up will open) -> Select the Friends tab. Here you can change your Profile name and this will appear in-game.

I hope this is what you were looking for :)

tintifaxl
04-15-2011, 02:10 PM
There is an option in Steam to change your Profile name (which can be different from your account name).
Go to View -> Settings (a pop up will open) -> Select the Friends tab. Here you can change your Profile name and this will appear in-game.

I hope this is what you were looking for :)

I don't want to have one name for all online games that I play. And having to change it everytime I play a different game is not an option for me.

pchaxor
04-15-2011, 09:14 PM
Yeah I am familiar with steam. Not wanting to change my profile name as I said previosuly. (fyi there is no way to change your steam username.)

Asking for Pilotname= in the config or add something in the menu.
Not a huge priority, but more of a request.

Sauf
04-15-2011, 09:26 PM
Not a huge priority, but more of a request.

Your reply is like a breath of fresh air after reading all the "I want it now or me no buy" shite, S`

pchaxor
04-15-2011, 09:48 PM
Thanks.
Hey what does the S` stand for?
I see it often, but being a newbie have no clue what it means.

Sauf
04-15-2011, 10:13 PM
S`= salute, its good manners to S` the bastard that shoots you down , the S is worn out on my keyboard lol

pchaxor
04-15-2011, 10:47 PM
Good to know. S`
Time to go try getting this plane in the air again.

Fusek
04-16-2011, 04:05 PM
You can use Steam to change your username. I fly as [BFs]Fusek, but my account name is different ;)

Ans as stated earlier, 'S' means salute. See at as a 'thank you' for a good fight.

pchaxor
04-16-2011, 04:33 PM
I dont think you read Fusek. All that you have mentioned has already been answerd or eplained. Unless you know a way to change the Steam Profile name used JUST for IL2, then this doesnt work since it also changes the name used for all other games insteam.
That is not the desired results.

Thanks.