PDA

View Full Version : Issues running KB: Platinum on Windows 7

nukenitro
04-15-2011, 03:49 AM
I have sent a couple E-mails to 1C's support E-mail and have yet to get a response back. It's been a little over a week. I hope someone here can help me.

Here's the email I sent:
I recently purchased a direct download of King's Bounty Platinum off Amazon.com. I followed all the given instructions and installed the game onto my laptop. I then entered the product key as instructed and it validated it as authentic. I ran the game and got the usual prompt asking if I'm ok with the program changing settings on my laptop. I clicked yes and the screen blinked to black, then came back with the icon for the game showing in the task bar, then it blinked black again and the icon disappeared. When I checked the Task Manager, it said that the program was not running.

I am currently running your typical windows 7 home professional. I troubleshooted the program and it suggested I try the Windows XP (service pack2) settings. I tried this and was met with the same results. I then tried all of the Windows Vista and Windows XP and continuously had the same problem as before. I then read the readme that came along with the game and ran a DirectX diagnostic. The results stated that there was no problem and that I met all requirements.

nukenitro
04-15-2011, 04:15 AM
I also tested the map editor program to see if that had issues starting and it works just fine

nukenitro
04-16-2011, 02:12 AM
I was able to get The Legend to work by copying a working game.ini from another copy of the game. But I have yet to find a game.ini for Armored Princess/Crossworlds that works.
If anyone has a version of Armored Princess/Crossworlds that works on Windows 7 home premium, can you copy the info for the games game.ini file here so that I can get my copy working?

thanks

OGKingsBounty92
05-09-2011, 12:01 AM
I'm running Win 7 Pro 64bit and Platinum works fine for me. Orcs is crashing on Bolo island now but I think it's due to the "all units on debir" mod floating around here. I don't know but other than that it works fine AP didn't crash my last 2 games.

MJohnson
05-02-2013, 11:34 AM
I have sent a couple E-mails to 1C's support E-mail and have yet to get a response back. It's been a little over a week. I hope someone here can help me.

Here's the email I sent:
I recently purchased a direct download of King's Bounty Platinum off Amazon.com. I followed all the given instructions and installed the game onto my laptop. I then entered the product key as instructed and it validated it as authentic. I ran the game and got the usual prompt asking if I'm ok with the program changing settings on my laptop. I clicked yes and the screen blinked to black, then came back with the icon for the game showing in the task bar, then it blinked black again and the icon disappeared. When I checked the Task Manager, it said that the program was not running.

I am currently running your typical windows 7 home professional. I troubleshooted the program and it suggested I try the Windows XP (service pack2) settings. I tried this and was met with the same results. I then tried all of the Windows Vista and Windows XP and continuously had the same problem as before. I then read the readme that came along with the game and ran a DirectX diagnostic. The results stated that there was no problem and that I met all requirements.

same here but, I copied my husbands ini file and put it on my comp and still didn't work; editor won't work either.:confused: