PDA

View Full Version : Luthier: big problems with Italian language!

Furio
04-13-2011, 08:32 AM
To begin with: Cliffs of Dover is a great sim, and I love it!:)

I’m aware that you’re busy sorting out its technical problems, and I don’t want to harass you, but the Italian translation is very bad.

In short, many phrases in the Italian version have no meaning, and many terms are wrong. Some example: “magneto” in Italian is “magnete”, but is translated as “dinamo” which means “generator”. Propeller pitch is translated as “angolo elica” (“propeller angle”), but it should be “passo elica”. “Spin” is translated as “rotazione” (“rotation”), while it should be “vite”. To exit from a spin, pilot is invited to “push pedal against the wall”, which has no meaning in Italian, and the list goes on and on.

If you need some help here, I’ve experience with both planes (I’m a private pilot) and Italian (my language).

Note for the moderators: please move this post and delete this thread if appropriate. Thank you.

Sternjaeger
04-13-2011, 09:03 AM
I'm Italian too Furio and offered my help before (I actually provided them with the manual of the Fiat Br.20 and translated stuff for them there), but sometimes they like doing things their (wrong) way first ;)

Furio
04-13-2011, 12:36 PM
I'm Italian too Furio and offered my help before (I actually provided them with the manual of the Fiat Br.20 and translated stuff for them there), but sometimes they like doing things their (wrong) way first ;)

Oh, well, their choice. Do you know how to revert back language to English? At least it's understandable...

utu
04-13-2011, 12:51 PM
Oh, well, their choice. Do you know how to revert back language to English? At least it's understandable...
WEP, in Cod is "afterburner" and in italian "postbruciatore". So the errors is not for the italian language only. :mrgreen:

Ivan Fooker
04-14-2011, 07:21 AM
Dont mind guys...the german localization is also very bugged...
So i guess all but the russian version sounds like translated by "google translator" .
But at the end this is just a lil issue compared to e.g. the dedicated server ...that seems to be the same than in Il2.

Ever tried to connect with CoD to an Il2-Sturmovik server?
Ya receiving just a version missmatch ....
Ever started the Il2-Sturmovik....
Sorry for offtopic!

Sternjaeger
04-14-2011, 08:53 AM
I agree Ivan, it's just a shame, considering the HUGE efforts made by the communities in the past to release language packages with convincing acting voices.

vincent_dimicco
04-14-2011, 10:11 AM
Me too from italy, i selected the english language in steam, becouse italian translation was very poor, but afterburner is wrong also in english LOL!

anyway as we have italian speech pack for il2 my question is if we could use it also in il2 cod?any asnwer on that?

Rickusty
04-15-2011, 06:47 AM
Yeah,
the first thing that struck me after I finished installing CoD was the fact that the Italian translation is rather poor.
I really had to chuckle the first time I saw that the "generator" had some problems. :cool:
But I've seen on another thread that the German translation has even some funny phrases, so...:eek:
BTW, guys at 1C, if you want some help for translating the main phrases and technical words, I'm available.

But since this translating problem is really a rather minor issue in the all big scheme of things that need corrections, I was quite stunned to hear that the other AI pilots in the G.50s talked to me via radio.
I mean, IIRC I read that only 3 (!!) G.50s had a radio set in that campaign.
I think that if we want to be as realistic as possible, we should eliminate the radio comms. in the Italian fighters. After all, our pilots still communicated by hands :-x
Typical Italian attitude: Marconi invented the radio-communication, and we were the last one (among the big european nations , that is...) to adopt radio communications aboard warplanes, tanks etc...

Cheers
Rick

Conte Zero
04-15-2011, 07:14 AM
Typical Italian attitude: Marconi invented the radio-communication, and we were the last one (among the big european nations , that is...) to adopt radio communications

^This

Cazzo se quoto...