PDA

View Full Version : Steam sucks!!!!!!!!!

266_sqn_lloyd
04-12-2011, 06:52 PM
I cannot be the only one that has bought this game and realised how much STEAM has sucked?

Yes the game is flawed and needs assessing, but like most that have loyally bought and followed Oleg with the IL-2 series and loved every minute of it through its ups and downs.

But for GODS SAKE, why oh why do we have to put up with a system that does not work properly and prohibits great game play - especially MP??

Oleg STEAM or should i say STEAMing pile of S**t was one of the worst things you and the 1C team had decided to do that will eventually kill IL-2 - it doesn’t work properly and UBI like everyone say's was a big no no too.

That's my opinion and i am sticking with it!

If only we could have just bought the game and installed it into our machines and played it with all the fun and excitement that we have had previously.

And i am not having a dig, i think the game is exceptional apart from a few things that as we all know worked with the previous Versions and should have stayed Game engine wise!!

Yes it was a learning curve and yes it is being improved on, on an on-going process.

Just learn from your mistakes and we know what works and what does not so please don’t make mistakes like this has been again?

Not wanting to be negative but we all feel a disappointment and it’s just frustrating.

I want to play MP and i want to go online and fight in dogfights and cooperative missions - but here's the hated and despised word again STEAM just won’t allow it without having to try and try and try and even still getting nothing or simply going direct and not working!!

Hyperlobby was the best and still is but obviously with this format - NOT Possible anymore "SHAME".

kimosabi
04-12-2011, 07:00 PM
How hard does it suck? Harder than a vacum cleaner?

Strike
04-12-2011, 07:04 PM
Can it suck a golfball through a gardenhose?

bongodriver
04-12-2011, 07:07 PM
or chrome off a towing hitch?

Kankkis
04-12-2011, 07:07 PM
I have used steam many years, never got a problem.

SsSsSsSsSnake
04-12-2011, 07:11 PM
me too till now

speculum jockey
04-12-2011, 07:12 PM
I have used steam many years, never got a problem.

Well you see, the reason you have not had problems with Steam is that you're not a luddite who works himself into a foaming rage and the slightest hint of something new happening.

Ask the OP about this stupid "Cell Phone" fad, it's never going to catch on!

MadTommy
04-12-2011, 07:18 PM
Well you see, the reason you have not had problems with Steam is that you're not a luddite who works himself into a foaming rage and the slightest hint of something new happening.

^^ this.

Another childish rant post.. and he cant even say why he hates Steam.. What a muppet.

kimosabi
04-12-2011, 07:21 PM
Hey we had something nice going here. Sucking gardenhoses off towing hitches with a vacum cleaner and everything.

Strike
04-12-2011, 07:24 PM
Hey we had something nice going here. Sucking gardenhoses off towing hitches with a vacum cleaner and everything.

+1

By the way, your issues with steam belong on the steamforums or here : https://support.steampowered.com/ If you actually take your time to explain the nature of your problem and present it in a proper way I'm sure you will get all the help you need to enhance your experience with steam.

Go on now... shoo!!

Fjordmonkey
04-12-2011, 07:28 PM
I'm going to go with an old acronym for the OP's problems: PEBCAK

Gollum
04-12-2011, 07:30 PM
Don't know if it's steams fault but the only reason me and my buddy bought this game was for multiplayer. Haven't checked to see if there has been more than 8 people on the two servers that come up for me but if there isn't and it's steams fault then sure... Suck it steam. :cool:

Just hope it gets fixed soon. Dying to fight something aside from AI.

Targ
04-12-2011, 07:52 PM
fneb

Meusli
04-12-2011, 08:03 PM
If my mother, who is 60, has a steam account with a games list to rival even the most hardcore users then I am sure you will get the hang of it eventually. Steam is a gift from the gods that some people do not understand, while those that do reap it for the benefits it gives.

krz9000
04-12-2011, 08:16 PM
steam is the only thing that keeps pc gaming alive and most important delivers a platform for smaller devs by cutting out the need for a greedy publisher. if this flightsim has a problem with it maybe the flight sim dev should fix it. if you want to see how awsome steam works for multiplayer games just play modernwarfare2...every game should deliver such an awesome social experience. joining lobbies, inviting friends into games,...it works perfect. other games like EA games that dont like steam suck in this regard...finding friends online is a pain and to join the server and not land on the wrong team is common. every dev with a sane mind should consider going the steam road for pc multiplayer. every other opinion is just BS. (steam is actually that big that it actually can affort delivering a great experience server wise...unlike small devs that think they are smart doing their own thing...)

MD_Titus
04-12-2011, 08:25 PM
Excellent thread.
I'm going to go with an old acronym for the OP's problems: PEBCAK
Lol

Triggaaar
04-12-2011, 08:25 PM
Oleg STEAM or should i say STEAMing pile of S**t was one of the worst things you and the 1C team had decided to do that will eventually kill IL-2
That's my opinion and i am sticking with it!
Not wanting to be negative but we all feel a disappointment and it’s just frustrating.This is your 3rd post on the forum, and this is you not wanting to be negative. Great, I look forward to your bad days.

Personally I like Steam, good choice.