Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 06:52 PM
Registered Member

Default Steam sucks!!!!!!!!!

I cannot be the only one that has bought this game and realised how much STEAM has sucked?

Yes the game is flawed and needs assessing, but like most that have loyally bought and followed Oleg with the IL-2 series and loved every minute of it through its ups and downs.

But for GODS SAKE, why oh why do we have to put up with a system that does not work properly and prohibits great game play - especially MP??

Oleg STEAM or should i say STEAMing pile of S**t was one of the worst things you and the 1C team had decided to do that will eventually kill IL-2 - it doesn’t work properly and UBI like everyone say's was a big no no too.

That's my opinion and i am sticking with it!

If only we could have just bought the game and installed it into our machines and played it with all the fun and excitement that we have had previously.

And i am not having a dig, i think the game is exceptional apart from a few things that as we all know worked with the previous Versions and should have stayed Game engine wise!!

Yes it was a learning curve and yes it is being improved on, on an on-going process.

Just learn from your mistakes and we know what works and what does not so please don’t make mistakes like this has been again?

Not wanting to be negative but we all feel a disappointment and it’s just frustrating.

I want to play MP and i want to go online and fight in dogfights and cooperative missions - but here's the hated and despised word again STEAM just won’t allow it without having to try and try and try and even still getting nothing or simply going direct and not working!!

Hyperlobby was the best and still is but obviously with this format - NOT Possible anymore "SHAME".
Old 04-12-2011, 07:00 PM
Approved Member

How hard does it suck? Harder than a vacum cleaner?
Old 04-12-2011, 07:04 PM
Approved Member

Can it suck a golfball through a gardenhose?
Old 04-12-2011, 07:07 PM
Approved Member

or chrome off a towing hitch?
Old 04-12-2011, 07:07 PM
Approved Member

I have used steam many years, never got a problem.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:11 PM
Approved Member

me too till now
Old 04-12-2011, 07:12 PM
speculum jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kankkis View Post
I have used steam many years, never got a problem.
Well you see, the reason you have not had problems with Steam is that you're not a luddite who works himself into a foaming rage and the slightest hint of something new happening.

Ask the OP about this stupid "Cell Phone" fad, it's never going to catch on!
Old 04-12-2011, 07:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by speculum jockey View Post
Well you see, the reason you have not had problems with Steam is that you're not a luddite who works himself into a foaming rage and the slightest hint of something new happening.
^^ this.

Another childish rant post.. and he cant even say why he hates Steam.. What a muppet.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:21 PM
Approved Member

Hey we had something nice going here. Sucking gardenhoses off towing hitches with a vacum cleaner and everything.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimosabi View Post
Hey we had something nice going here. Sucking gardenhoses off towing hitches with a vacum cleaner and everything.
+1

By the way, your issues with steam belong on the steamforums or here : https://support.steampowered.com/ If you actually take your time to explain the nature of your problem and present it in a proper way I'm sure you will get all the help you need to enhance your experience with steam.

Go on now... shoo!!
Closed Thread