PDA

View Full Version : max and min temp and pressure for spit?

Gollum
04-12-2011, 11:44 AM
Hey guys. Been flying the spit with cem on and its been a lot of fun. I know there has been some dispute over the accuracy of the fm limits but was wondering if someone could tell me what the maximum / min water temp and oil temp is saposed to be as well as the max and min oil pressure. I remember seeing these listed in the manual for all planes but the spit. Also, are they the same for all spit models?

Gollum
04-12-2011, 12:57 PM
1) Can someone explain the boost cut out and low speed cut out?

From what I'm reading on the forums people are explaining boost cut out as the following:

When engaged it allows you to exceed the limited boost.

However it sounds as if when engaged it should limit your boost. After testing it seems that when engaged it limits my boost to +4.

Am I correct in the assumption that boost cut out lmits your boost when engaged?

Also, how the hell do you un engage it? Tried hitting the boost cut out button again and it did nothing.

2) Can someone explain low speed cut out?

I have no Idea what this is.

Thanks in advance guys. These are the last of the required secrets I need to unravel before beggining to master the spit engine.

P.S. Why would this not be in the manual?

kingpinda
04-12-2011, 01:01 PM
I believe that the low speed engine cutout shuts down the engine when engine is running idle. So only use it when you have landed and calling it a day :)

Gollum
04-12-2011, 01:36 PM
I don't know but isn't that what the magneto's were for? I don't think that they would need a low engine cut out if it operated as you state.

-Gollum

whoarmongar
04-12-2011, 01:43 PM
Im only guessing but
If you switch off the engine thru your magnetos I think the turning slowing engine would still draw fuel into it, Unburnt fuel in cylinders is not good in a parked engine

If you close the fuel cocks it will dry out the fuel lines, not good for restarting

However in the game I just switch off the magnetos.

kingpinda
04-12-2011, 02:45 PM
AFTER LANDING17. (i) After taxying in, set the propeller control fullyback and open up the engine sufficiently to changepitch to coarse. DH20°(ii) Allow the engine to idle for a few seconds, thenpull the slow-running cut-out and hold it out untilthe engine stops.(iii) Turn OFF the fuel cocks and switch OFF the ignition

got this from pilot notes for spitfire IIa-b

Gollum
04-12-2011, 05:15 PM
Touche'... Engine shutoff it is.