PDA

View Full Version : Misture in hurricane

Jotaele
04-12-2011, 11:00 AM
I need some help here.
As i understand , to set the mixture properly, you have to cut it until your rev start to drop, then you raise the mix a bit.
In hurri, i cant see discernible changues in RPM whn changing mixture.
Any ideas here?

JG53Frankyboy
04-12-2011, 11:05 AM
my opinion is that the whole mixtureprocess in the game (for all planes) is a bug.....

just another example to the Hurricane: the cockpit lever shows full rich, the ingame output shows 0%...

planes cant reach height, most propably of not working mixture "engine".

Just wait,as a lot of people say............

Redroach
04-12-2011, 11:16 AM
the issue you're describing is actually an instance of the dedication to realism in CoD.
As has been discerned in this forum, the hurricane's mixture lever is actually full rich when moved all the way backwards. Look at the lever in the cockpit
No need to cry (again) on this one.

JG53Frankyboy
04-12-2011, 11:47 AM
so, you put your Hotas (or whatever) back when giving full throttle in the FIAT G.50 ?? The control logic should be the same in all planes - as long you cant set your controls for every plane IMHO

and i am talking about the 100% showing in an info window, not the bars down left.

anyway, the whole mixture in game has its bug in programming code.

IvanK
04-12-2011, 11:57 AM
MIXTURE IRL HURRICANE
Hurricane Mixture is a 2 position thing its not incremental you cant just lean incrementally looking for the RPM drop. Its either RICH (Fully back) or LEAN (fully forward)

Think of these 2 settings as AUTO RICH or AUTO LEAN. So in either case the system will automatically lean out the mixture as altitude increases following either a RICH or a LEAN schedule depending on where the lever is placed. You would use RICH for max power and LEAN for cruising with associated Boost limitations. In addition the throttle and mixture levers are arranged such that pulling the throttle back to idle will also pull the Mixture control BACK to RICH.The Spitfires had exactly the same system.

OPERATION IN COD
The Lever positions are correctly Labelled BACK for RICH and FORWARD for LEAN.
However Its bugged in COD in that the ACTUAL effect on your engine is reversed.
So it needs to be fixed.

G50 and other Italian fighters
The Italian throttle system historically was BACK for more power and forward for less

Jotaele
04-12-2011, 11:58 AM
the issue you're describing is actually an instance of the dedication to realism in CoD.
As has been discerned in this forum, the hurricane's mixture lever is actually full rich when moved all the way backwards. Look at the lever in the cockpit
No need to cry (again) on this one.

Ok, i have noticed that you have to move aft, the mixture lever to get full mix, (it is wrinten in the panel), but that is not what im trying to discus here, but the way in with setting it affects to RPM.I only have noticed diferences whrn trying to start the engine. After that, it dosnt have much effect.

Moggy
04-12-2011, 12:40 PM
MIXTURE IRL HURRICANE
OPERATION IN COD
The Lever positions are correctly Labelled BACK for RICH and FORWARD for LEAN.
However Its bugged in COD in that the ACTUAL effect on your engine is reversed.
So it needs to be fixed.

So in effect, full rich is still 100% mixture (as in IL2:1946) or up in the 2d gauges but in the cockpit itself it's reversed to what it states.
That solves a disagreement we've been having in TP, thanks Ivan.