PDA

View Full Version : Info window

Wolf_Rider
04-11-2011, 09:04 AM
How do I get the little 4 setting image showing Prop, Mixture, Throttle and the little white thing back?

I deleted it in error and can't find a Secondary Control (?) selection in the usual mod window info section

W1ndy
04-12-2011, 06:05 AM
This is quoted from another thread around here by bando

"well, right click, open a new window. Click on it again and choose customize. From the right pane choose the damage info and move that to the left by highlighting it and click the left arrow.
Once its in the middle pane, highlight it again and then in the left pane you can set its properties. I strongly suggest making the borders and the outlining hidden.

Thats it out of the top of my head, fill in the gaps if something is wrong. It should get you started anyway.

Good luck"

this guy wants damage info, but you need to find engine input or output or something like that - play around with it.

Wolf_Rider
04-12-2011, 07:33 AM
Thanks W1ndy

I got it back, but had c/p the lines out of the Confuser in my Steam folder

the selection box for setting up window info doesn't contain the Secondary Controls entry

W1ndy
04-12-2011, 10:54 AM
So is it "secondary controls" that we need ? (Im not on my gaming pc right now so I cant try it)

bando
04-12-2011, 05:59 PM
It's called engine info. From the right pane move it left and highlight it and edit. It's quite simple once you've done it.
Make sure that you edit it into "analog" for those sliders if that's what you want to see.

W1ndy
04-15-2011, 09:59 PM
OK good. I got it, but now... I'd like to move it down so the small images are only just on screen. What i find now is the window moves up on start-up to a high position on screen .

I have a feeling its a config edit.
Anyone know how to keep that window low ?

Blackdog_kt
04-16-2011, 04:23 AM
It is in the config files but you can also do it from within the game.

Once you have the window in place you can move and resize it, but in order to move it you need to drag it by the title bar and in order to resize it you need to drag it by the borders.

This means you have to edit the title bar and borders and make them visible first if they are not already, move/resize and then hide them again: highlight the "window" item in the middle column of the right-click-->customize menu and you'll see the relevant options appear in the column on the left.

bDAWg
04-16-2011, 09:34 AM
Question, how to I remove the info windows? I added a couple, and can't get rid of them.
when I want to close a window the only way I've figured out so far is to open another window on top of the existing one and then I'm able to right click and close both...must be a better way?

W1ndy
04-18-2011, 10:39 PM
Thanks Blackdog_kt . That did it.

I find I can get used to having the analog sliders on screen. It's not too distracting with them tucked away at the bottom.

Slowly we set up this sim !!