PDA

View Full Version : compromise in Flight models or simulator?

David198502
04-10-2011, 08:42 PM
hey guys.now after i read the thread about the bf and the other one about the spit,i ask myself if the devs did tweak the flight models on purpose to achieve "playability" or if they are correct simulated.
in this game i flew only with the bf,except some short tries in all other planes.
the maximum speed i reached with it at level flight at an altitude of 500m was 470-480km/h.
in a quick mission i could not outrun or outclimb the spitI.(i didnt dare to try to outturn it:grin:)so the AI spit climbed to about 3000meters,in which altitude its performance superiourity became even more apparantly.
im not complaining, as i dont know enough about WWII airplanes.but im curious if the planes are modeled correctly, or if the devs made compromises considering playability.i would be dissapointed if that was the case,as im looking for a simulation which presents the advantages and disadvantages of each aircraft as close as possible to reality.
what are your thoughts about it?do you think its accurate simulated?
and do you prefer a real simulation with all its ups and downs, or a good game where both sides have equal chances?

6S.Manu
04-10-2011, 08:56 PM
I think they put some numbers there and have not tested anything.

The game is still bugged and not optimized: it's far from perfect and I think that airplane's performances are the last things to worry about for now.

1) complete the interfaces
2) optimize the graphical engine
3) optimize the physical engine
4) check the airplane performance
19) Add new maps
20) Add new planes

If it was to me I would have hired more experienced persons to develop a good engine, both graphical and physical: only at that moment I would have started to create 3D models... instead we have super detailed models who can't appear on the map.

PS: AI cheats :-). Don't use it to compare performance. Fly with a teammate.

*Buzzsaw*
04-10-2011, 09:04 PM
hey guys.now after i read the thread about the bf and the other one about the spit,i ask myself if the devs did tweak the flight models on purpose to achieve "playability" or if they are correct simulated.
in this game i flew only with the bf,except some short tries in all other planes.
the maximum speed i reached with it at level flight at an altitude of 500m was 470-480km/h.
in a quick mission i could not outrun or outclimb the spitI.(i didnt dare to try to outturn it:grin:)so the AI spit climbed to about 3000meters,in which altitude its performance superiourity became even more apparantly.
im not complaining, as i dont know enough about WWII airplanes.but im curious if the planes are modeled correctly, or if the devs made compromises considering playability.i would be dissapointed if that was the case,as im looking for a simulation which presents the advantages and disadvantages of each aircraft as close as possible to reality.
what are your thoughts about it?do you think its accurate simulated?
and do you prefer a real simulation with all its ups and downs, or a good game where both sides have equal chances?

When you are competing as a human versus AI, currently ALL human flown aircraft are at a disadvantage performance wise.

Try your test with a Spit II versus a 109, and you will get the 109 outclimbing and outrunning you.

AI capabilities need to be tweaked, and the human flown model needs to be tweaked.