PDA

View Full Version : This is the third time...

mayestdo
04-10-2011, 02:49 PM
...I have to configure the joystick and keyboard controls in a week. I mean. After a painful afternoon setting controls and configuring everything, two days ago everything had reset and in realism everything was in Easy. Again, I started from the beginning, AND TODAY EVERYTHING HAS RESET AGAIN. My question is, I made a backup of the file confUser which is in documents but it hasn't worked. Does anybody know how can I stop this happening? :(

DrPepper
04-10-2011, 03:09 PM
...I have to configure the joystick and keyboard controls in a week. I mean. After a painful afternoon setting controls and configuring everything, two days ago everything had reset and in realism everything was in Easy. Again, I started from the beginning, AND TODAY EVERYTHING HAS RESET AGAIN. My question is, I made a backup of the file confUser which is in documents but it hasn't worked. Does anybody know how can I stop this happening? :(

Although this isn't the correct thing to do, possibly you could make your changes and then set the file to read-only.

CharveL
04-10-2011, 03:21 PM
Had the same annoying issue but I'm pretty sure if you save your config (lower right corner of controls screen) to your own file you'll be good to go next time. However, I'm not sure if CoD sometimes re evaluates your controllerIDs messing up axes assignments but at least your key assignments will be saved.

tf_neuro
04-10-2011, 03:29 PM
OK, there is a bug in the settings, sometimes they are reset. While we wait for a real fix (which can take some time, given the amount of bugs that have to be fixed), here's the easy workaround:

- Set your settings
- Hit the 'save' button
- Save as file

That's it. Every time the game resets your settings, just hit 'load' and browse to the file you saved. I know it's not a real solution, but it's good enough while the dev team fixes all the tons of stuff that have to be fixed

Note: dont forget to save to file whenever you change a setting (replace the existing file with an updated version)

IbanezLaney
04-10-2011, 03:33 PM
Just save the file and load it again if it loses the settings. The option to save is on the screen you set your controls up in.

Call it something like mycontrols.ini and load it from the control setup screen if you ever need it.

Steam will never overwrite the file you create as long as it does not have the same name as any of the game files so it'll take 3 seconds to restore all of your control binds if they are somehow lost.

edit - lol too slow - what he said. ^^^

bando
04-10-2011, 06:03 PM
Use it to your advantage. Make a file for every plane and you're better of. For example, the levers for the supercharger do not work on a tiger moth, making seperate "profiles" frees up a lot of otherwise unused levers, buttons and so on.
In my game I'm in the process of setting up a profile for every plane. Loading is done in 5 secs so no problems there. Been doing this ever since Rise of flight.

Hope it helps someone.

senseispcc
04-10-2011, 06:46 PM
Use it to your advantage. Make a file for every plane and you're better of. For example, the levers for the supercharger do not work on a tiger moth, making seperate "profiles" frees up a lot of otherwise unused levers, buttons and so on.
In my game I'm in the process of setting up a profile for every plane. Loading is done in 5 secs so no problems there. Been doing this ever since Rise of flight.

Hope it helps someone.

Thanks, this is a great idea not only do you have a set of keys for every plane but also you use a lot your memory to remember wath keys for witch aircraft.

Have all a nice game. ;)

Fusek
04-10-2011, 07:24 PM
Have you tried disabling Steam Cloud?

Jotaele
04-10-2011, 11:49 PM
I would like than 1c give us all the controls binded with keys, like in dcs a10 or other titles.In that way, i can made a profile for the joystic in the gaming software, and you don have to mess around creating shorcuts for control.It is good to a ve an official controls bindig.ie. to share with oters player onlie.You know "how can i..." And someone answer, press ctre +u or whatever.
The problem if you create your own cofiguser.ini is that in after some pathces the config file structure can change , and the olders one becomes invalid.Than happened in ROF.