PDA

View Full Version : Aileron rolls to much / Bomber pulls to much on takeoff

CH_RoadDogg
04-10-2011, 02:36 AM
Does your plane roll more then you think it should when flying or your Bomber pull way to much to one side when you try to take off.

Go to

MyComputer/CDrive (whatever drive your using)/Program files/Steam/userdata/79817426/63950/remote/confuser

Scroll down to
config pilot move
look at aileron
mine looked like this
aileron=0.5 0 0.and a bunch of numbers
I deleated the .and a bunch of numbers and it looks like this now
aileron=0.5 0 0
It matches the elevator and rudder now and the roll and pull are much better now.
Make a copy of your confuser before you make this change and save it in case you need to go back to the old config

tf_neuro
04-10-2011, 06:44 AM
...because of course, you know exactly how much a ww2 bomber is supposed to pull to one side at take off, right?

Look, im not saying that everything is perfect but let's assume that the devs did their homework and at least tried to model things as they're supposed to be, including pulling 'too much' to one side on take off, or dropping 'too much' one wing at full throttle (I read that on another thread).

BTW, 'too much' and 'too little' are relative. For instance, if you're used with the old IL-2 you may think that some CoD planes pull 'too much' to one side, but if you have flown any real prop plane including UI and GA you know that torque and propwash effects were way undermodeled in the old IL-2, even a 200HP GA has more torque than a 1500HP fighter in IL-2.

The point? I can't tell for sure because I never flew WW2 planes, and even with modern planes my experience is extremely limited (never earned any license, not even private), but I suspect that your 'too much' isn't really too much, but only a more realistic approach at torque and propwash modeling

(OTOH im just guessing, I might be wrong after all...)

CH_RoadDogg
04-10-2011, 11:45 AM
...because of course, you know coders can make mistakes

Have a look at what I showed you and if yours is the same as mine you will see it is was way different from the rest of the code and maybe it was a mistake or you can just think everything in this game was and is working as they intended.

And there is still the torque effect just not to the extreme it is now and I can actually use my rudder to counter it and get a bomber off the ground and not fly with my stick at 45 degrees.with my stick at 45 degrees.