PDA

View Full Version : As of today I keep losing all my settings

xnomad
04-09-2011, 08:19 AM
I am losing the following settings:
Realism settings
Info window settings
Controller number assignment.

This could be patch related as this hasn't happened before.

I had a launcher.exe crash (never happened before the patch, now has crashed about 4 times today ) and the above all got wiped. I started the game again and noticed everything was wrong. Also because I have 3 controllers the assignments had switched, so that my mappings weren't correct. For example Joystick is stick 0, throttle stick 1, rudder stick 2, then the numbers switch.

I reassigned everything and then played for a little. Afterwards I restarted COD and everything above was lost again, and the controller assignments had changed again as well.

This is a real pain as it takes forever to assign everything again.

It might be related to changing the audio settings as the last time this happened that's the only thing I changed.

Anyone else having the same problem?

Is this a Steam cloud problem? I might turn that setting off.

xnomad
04-09-2011, 09:13 AM
I'm guessing it's something to do with crashing and then trying to sync with Steam Cloud on startup. As it didn't shut down completely steam cloud probably overwrites the settings with the default ones.

I turned cloud off and I'm saving my controls as a file as well, just in case. It's survived a few restarts of the game. I've yet to reboot my computer though.

tf_neuro
04-09-2011, 09:27 AM
set your settings, save as file, and load it whenever you lose your settings (more a workaround than a solution, but anyway...)

edit: oh, you just said that. Sry. Too bad you cant delete own posts, here (I guess I'll have to learn to thing a bit more before posting)