PDA

View Full Version : Throttle on Mouse Wheel??

Feathered_IV
04-09-2011, 08:38 AM
I'm stumped. One of the things I loved in il2 was having my mouse mapped for throttle, trim and canopy etc. Kind of a poor mans hotas. Has anyone figured out how to do it.
:confused:

F19_Deathlok
04-09-2011, 09:28 AM
I don't know either but I'm very much wonder, just like you, why this seems not possible to do. I'm also glad there are more intelligent people that noticed how good it was to have the throttle on the mouse wheel. :)

Come on 1C, please do a quick fix so we're able to map mouse wheel! :) It's much wanted, shouldnt' take much time and it will be truly appreciated!

(Unless someone knows how to do this already of course.)

VO101_Tom
04-09-2011, 10:40 AM
Try this method:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=249398&postcount=6

F19_Deathlok
04-09-2011, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the tip Tom, No success though after I've tried.

Used MouseAXE_Z=1throttle also tried without the nr 1 and some other things.

Col.Flanders
04-30-2011, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the tip Tom, No success though after I've tried.

Used MouseAXE_Z=1throttle also tried without the nr 1 and some other things.

I've just installed the game and also noticed it wasn't picking up the mousewheel for throttle. I do remember having it like this in the original IL2 so went back to my ancient config file and found the MouseAXE_Z=power line. Haven't tried it in-game yet but I take it this doesn't work? Tragedy!

I also remember that in the old config file there was a way to adjust the sensitivity of the mousewheel since by default you'd need like 30 cycles to get from 0 throttle to 100. It made formo flying a bit trickier since you'd be incrementing maybe 4 or five percent per 'click' but it was a very viable all-round solution if you were short of a slider.

Damn! Anybody got this working yet?