PDA

View Full Version : Physics needs more work!

Raggz
04-09-2011, 03:49 AM
Well, started quick mission over London and attacked the heinkels. I got hit pretty nasty. So i checked external view and my plane was split in two. Tail was ripped off from right behind the cockpit. But here comes the fun part. I was still flying. Now that's one thing but the real nasty part is that i could actually use the rudders to lol. So here i was flying half a plane turning, shooting using rudders.
And this was on full CEM realism. FM and physics needs a serious checkup :)

b101uk
04-09-2011, 06:20 AM
Just because the rear of the “visual” modal is missing it doesn’t mean that “physics” modal was damaged, your reporting it as a physics problem but it could equally merely be a rendering problem or the DM mistakenly turning off that part of the fuselage just because you got a single small bullet hole which did no practicable damage.

Raggz
04-09-2011, 09:20 AM
When a plane is split in two it goes down not matter what. It's a matter of balance. No plane flies with 50% fuselage.
Other's has reported other incident's like flying with one wing and so on. There's definitely a problem with the game, rendering or not!!!

easytarget3
04-09-2011, 01:33 PM
When a plane is split in to it goes down not matter what. It's a matter of balance. No plane flies with 50% fuselage.
Other's has reported other incident's like flying with one wing and so on. There's definitely a problem with the game, rendering or not!!!
i support you on this one, i flew recently with most of my wing off and i was even gliding.

pupo162
04-09-2011, 01:35 PM
dont know if thsi is post patch, but 109s used to fly around half-winged and they dont anymore. its being fixed. :)

b101uk
04-09-2011, 05:02 PM
When a plane is split in to it goes down not matter what. It's a matter of balance. No plane flies with 50% fuselage.

re read what I said, its more likely a DM or rendering error, ergo the rear half of the visual modal should have still been there hence why you were still flying and had rudder etc. ;)

Rusty_M
04-09-2011, 07:57 PM
I can't remember where, but I think I read somewhere that they're looking to patch an issue where sometimes the Damage Model kinda "forgets" to tell the Flight model what damage has been taken, so the flight model could be calculating more of a plane than is still flying.

Viper2000
04-10-2011, 12:24 AM
Physics needs more work!
Yes* (http://arxiv.org/PS_cache/arxiv/pdf/1104/1104.0699v1.pdf)
*To 3.2 sigma confidence, or there abouts...

easytarget3
04-10-2011, 11:33 PM
not just the damage flying planes need to be fix but also the collision model too,i had numerous collisitions and the bombers are ubersome,i did crushed into He111 with hurricane and lost wings and tail and the he111 looks like lost some engines cover and flew away?he did eventually landed on water because he was also shot pretty bad, but isit possible?
Other time i saw ai hurricane rammed with his root of wing in to he111 tail section and cut his rudder and flew away with no damage at all. the bomber landed in weird gliding style. So i dont know how it is calculated but seems to me quite bit off.