PDA

View Full Version : How to set throttle as one axis instead of two?

Driftit
04-09-2011, 02:42 AM
Hey guys. I am using an older Saitek X45 setup which has a sperate throttle.

In game I am having trouble setting up the throttle so I can use its full movement. The throttle is detected as having a +Axis and a -Axis. So it splits these axis as if they were seperate.

What happens is that I only get to use 50% of the throttle movement. 0-50% is 0-100% in the game. And 50-100% is just nothing but the throttle stays at 100%.

I also have this problem in other sims that use the throttle. I am sure it is something that can be adjusted in the saitek profile software.

Does anyone know how to do this?

kingpinda
04-09-2011, 07:11 AM
Don't know where the double axis is coming from.. not familair with the x42 but your throttle is not a split throttle? you can't unlock it so you have 2 throttles? are you sure you are not triggering some other axis? a wheel or rudder or whatnot?

Anyway... for the range on your axis try tuning it in control page -> axes tab -> then click on the axes you have assigned. check the bars that appear in the bottom of the screen. fiddle with them so the input -> output bars behave the same. Its a minigame this is. almost every axes needs to be tuned like this in my experience. doesnt'work straight out of the box.

edit: check your saitek software btw. has your throttle set up by using bands? or slider or something like that?

tf_neuro
04-09-2011, 10:05 AM
-Select your throttle axis in the settings interface
-At the bottom of the page, you will see 5 sliders (left) and 2 indicators (right)
- Set the 5 sliders as follows, top to bottom:
*slider#1 = 0.02
*slider#2 = 0.00
*slider#3 = 1.00 <= all the way to the right
*slider#4 = 0.00
*slider#5 = 0.02
- Now the indicators on the right should move almost together, except for 2 small dead zones at both ends, to make sure that the game actually goes all the way down to 0% and up to 110% throttle
(to eliminate the dead zones set sliders #1 and #5 to 0.00)

Driftit
04-09-2011, 10:34 AM
Thank you very much the help. Will give this a try. Cheers.

Jg52_wunsch
04-11-2011, 09:17 PM
-Select your throttle axis in the settings interface
-At the bottom of the page, you will see 5 sliders (left) and 2 indicators (right)
- Set the 5 sliders as follows, top to bottom:
*slider#1 = 0.02
*slider#2 = 0.00
*slider#3 = 1.00 <= all the way to the right
*slider#4 = 0.00
*slider#5 = 0.02
- Now the indicators on the right should move almost together, except for 2 small dead zones at both ends, to make sure that the game actually goes all the way down to 0% and up to 110% throttle
(to eliminate the dead zones set sliders #1 and #5 to 0.00)

thanks that seemed to work,cheers.