PDA

View Full Version : Il-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover: Patch 1.0.13954

Pages : [1] 2

luthier
04-08-2011, 03:45 PM
The final version of the patch is slowly propagating through the steam system. If you have enabled automatic updates in the game, steam will automatically download and install the patch as soon as it's available in your region. You do not have to do anything manually, even if you have already installed a beta version of the patch.

The process should take another couple of hours, and may take even longer. Right now it's beyond our control.

The patch size is about 50 Mb.

Thank you for purchasing Cliffs of Dover! If you have previously purchased our sims, you
should know that they are a constant work in progress. We as a team are proud of the fact
that we continuously support, expand and improve on our releases. We hope, with your
support, to continue this tradition and to help the series grow in the coming years.

The current patch contains the following changes:

DRM
* Solidshield protection was removed from the game. The game no longer requires a
second authentication key. Cliffs of Dover only needs to be authenticated once with a
single key during first install. NOTE: this action is automatic and does not require any
action from the player.

GRAPHICS
* Significantly optimized buildings. Performance gain is less noticeable on above-
recommended specs;
* Removed momentary freezes caused by trees and other vegetation; also changed the
way far-away trees are generated;
* Improved block loading, i.e. the periodic loading of 8x8km terrain blocks as the
player moves about the terrain. Performance gain is most noticeable on
above-recommended specs;
* Expanded the resolution selection in Video Options to include non-native options;
* Streamlined cockpit render. Also made sure that stars and other bright objects no
longer shine through the cockpit at night.

AIRCRAFT
* Removed “rubber bands” from player aircraft that made its movement smoother by
delaying graphical representation of the plane behind its physical position,
with the rare unintended consequence of making tracers appear to fly out sideways;
* Reworked aircraft visual fx and added some new ones, such as new MG131 hit FX;
* Improved performance in FM module by 0,001%;
* Turned on cockpit gauges in the FIAT G.50;
* Fixed fps drop when zooming in on a bomber formation;
* Added a special penalty to aircraft with large parts of wing missing. Though this
is less realistic, this will address most common misconceptions while we work on
even more accurate wing calculations specifically for this scenario;
* Fixed issue when missing control surfaces could still control aircraft;
* Fixed some damage visuals on FIAT G.50;
* Fixed FIAT G.50 visual and control animations;
* Fixed FIAT G.50 receiving too much lift despite wing damage;
* Fixed FIAT BR.20 radiator flaps disappearing in rare cases;
* Fixed Blenheim propellers and turret visuals;
* Fixed some He 115 visuals;
* When a He 115 loses a float, the physical behaviour model will no longer lose a
marble;
* He-115 nose gunner will no longer attempt to hang out of a detached nose section;
* Fixed a visual issue with the Hurricane radiator flap;
* Ju 87 floor window no longer affects the sea;
* Fixed minor visual details in the He-111;
* Damaged Wellingtons will no longer occasionally disappear at a distance;
* Sunderland's top turret will always behave properly when the plane is broken in
half;
* Fixed an issue when engine controls could fail to react to user input for 2
seconds after mission start with Anthropomorphic Control switched to ON;
* Fixed an issue when the Bf 109 on Anthropomorphic Control with Complex Engine
Management would also lock other controls;
* You will now see overspeed FX and damage when expected;
* Bumped up engine radiator drag to more realistic levels;
* Exposed bulkheads left after engine detachent on 2-motors will now produce
significantly more drag;
* Adjusted magnetic compass damping to match the characteristics of a Soviet A-4
compass, as many were unhappy with its present wobbling;
* Fixed minor Bf 109 damage visuals;
* Reduced Bf 109 flaps deployment time to 25 seconds.

MISC
* Redesigned multiplayer client and server GUI;
* Fixed multiplayer server search;
* Added Voice and Music volume control options in Sound Options;
* Made multiple other fixes to the sound engine;
* Cleaned out some stuff being stored in memory, putting less stress on lower-end
machines, especially running DX9;
* Changed bail-out camera sequence for the player;
* Captured AWOL location labels in Full Mission Builder and put them back to work;
* Fixed some erroneous location labels around the map;
* Made numerous changes to localization texts;

WHAT TO EXPECT FOR US IN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS:

* SLI and Crossfire support;
* Improved multicore support;
* Additional optimization;
* New multiplayer maps;
* Additional variants of existing aircraft;
* New missions and campaigns!

NOTE ABOUT AERO DESKTOP COMPOSITION:

If you are experiencing an issue with framerate in the game, disabling Aero Desktop
Composition in windows can slightly improve in-game FPS. NOTE that this is an unsupported
feature at this time. If you experience any problems, please reenable Aero again. Aero is
only available in Windows Vista and Windows 7 and is not available in Windows XP.

1. Brose to the main install flder for Cliffs of Dover. By default it is
(Program Files)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover
where (Program Files) is the actual physical location that can vary for your individual
machine.

2. Find a file called Launcher.exe in the folder
(it may simply be Launcher, if you have disabled the display of file extensions in
Windows)

3. Right-click the file and select Properties.

4. Select the Compatibility tab in the window that appears.

5. Check the "Disable desktop composition" checkbox in the Compatiblity tab and press OK.

6. Depending on your system specs, you may see a performance increase when flying the
game.

MD_Titus
04-08-2011, 03:47 PM
Frantic f5f5f5 pays off...

Thank you to you and the team luthier, have a good weekend.

PeterPanPan
04-08-2011, 03:49 PM
Brilliant, thanks Luthier. Now go get some rest :)

335th_GRAthos
04-08-2011, 03:50 PM
Thank you Luthier!

Is it not possible to have a download copy (just as in the case of the beta test)?

I hate when Steam is trying to sort out things inside MY hard disk.

RGDS,

Athos

garengarch
04-08-2011, 03:50 PM
great, thanks

Raggz
04-08-2011, 03:51 PM
Nice fix list and thanks to the dev team for working hard on this :)

But the radio commands, FSAA and skins/weapon loads not saving is not on the list.
I hope they are fixed even though they're not on the list.

NSU
04-08-2011, 03:51 PM
thx for your work

adonys
04-08-2011, 03:52 PM
Thank you, Luthier.

JG52Krupi
04-08-2011, 03:53 PM
Frantic f5f5f5 pays off...

Thank you to you and the team luthier, have a good weekend.

ROFL

Thanks Luthier, now let your team have a day off ;)

Fjordmonkey
04-08-2011, 03:56 PM
Thanks, Luthier and team!

Now go home and take a much-needed breather, with good food, good drink and good company! You've earned it!

Dano
04-08-2011, 03:59 PM
Excellent!

I have just tried the desktop composition thing on my system with the beta patch and things are much improved!!! :D

Thankyou and your team for all the hard work!!!

addman
04-08-2011, 03:59 PM
Radio comms fixed? Rather important for single-player. Other then that, great stuff luthier!:)

Targ
04-08-2011, 04:00 PM
Sweet!

Looking forward to the patch :)

scorpac
04-08-2011, 04:01 PM
yay

BadAim
04-08-2011, 04:01 PM
Great work, now take the weekend off! We'll still be here whining when you get back.

Fragal
04-08-2011, 04:02 PM
Woop thanks luthier :D

@.@
04-08-2011, 04:05 PM
Good job!

You have earned yourself a cookie!
(or a dram of scotch, depending on your preferences)

Devastator
04-08-2011, 04:05 PM
´bout time ;)

1.JaVA_Sharp
04-08-2011, 04:06 PM
this sure beats the old style of clicking links until something would work.

Nice job Luthier and team.

Wandalen
04-08-2011, 04:07 PM
Fantastic :) .... just waiting for steam to update my game now http://www.forumsextreme.com/images/sFun_coffeeaddict.gif

LcSummers
04-08-2011, 04:08 PM
Luthier and team,

thank you for your hard work. You are really fantastic. Nice readme, wow, new planes in the nexte patches.

BEST REGARDS!!!!!

Old_Canuck
04-08-2011, 04:09 PM
Thanks Luthier :D

Does this mean we'll be able to see CoD on 3 displays with Triplehead2go?

"Expanded the resolution selection in Video Options to include non-native options."

You've reached a milestone with this patch and many more milestones to come. Regarding your team's commitment to ongoing support there was never any doubt for most of us who have enjoyed the ride with IL-2 FB. Please force yourself to take some time off now and grab a little sun beside a melting ice pack somewhere.

Echo76
04-08-2011, 04:10 PM
Considering it's weekend, I wonder how long it takes from Steam to get their stuff to us, I'm over-anxious! (again)

P.S. graz to devs for impressive fixlist !

Bewolf
04-08-2011, 04:11 PM
Totally for the "have a great week end" fraction here, the game is much better off with well rested programmers.

Thanks a lot for all the effort guys, I am having a blast in this Sim!

Triggaaar
04-08-2011, 04:12 PM
Thank you.

How can we see what version we're running?

jibo
04-08-2011, 04:12 PM
quick work nice, have a good week end

bongodriver
04-08-2011, 04:13 PM
First results for me.......practically 'fixed', lets hope it works well for others.

Rocka
04-08-2011, 04:15 PM
Perfect! Thank you for your hard work since the release.

Didn´t see anything about the radio com fix, but don´t forget that if it ain´t in this patch plz!

Bewolf
04-08-2011, 04:19 PM
Thank you.

Just check the lower right of you main menu screen.

Rattlehead
04-08-2011, 04:19 PM
Thank you.

On the title screen, look at the red writing in the bottom right hand corner of the screen.

Rattlehead
04-08-2011, 04:20 PM

Snap. :)

Thanks to the team. I'm anxiously awaiting the patch.

303_Tees
04-08-2011, 04:21 PM
How to install , my steam don't download patch.

acare84
04-08-2011, 04:23 PM
Thank you for removing Solidshield DRM, it was needless. Steam is enough and great, awesome work.

Triggaaar
04-08-2011, 04:23 PM

On the title screen, look at the red writing in the bottom right hand corner of the screen.Thanks guys :) :blush:

Triggaaar
04-08-2011, 04:24 PM
How to install , my steam don't download patch.It's in the first post, just wait until Steam is ready and it will happen

MaxVelo
04-08-2011, 04:25 PM
Thank you for removing Solidshield DRM, it was needless. Steam is enough and great, awesome work.

+1

I think this will please a lot of people including me :)

OG84
04-08-2011, 04:26 PM
Thanx a lot guys, have a nice weekend if you can :)

Royraiden
04-08-2011, 04:31 PM
I dont know about the others, but Im getting constant 30-40fps intercepting bombers over London with medium- high settings.Stutters just at the begging then they are gone.Thanks for your effort.

Triggaaar
04-08-2011, 04:35 PM
I dont know about the others, but Im getting constant 30-40fps intercepting bombers over London with medium- high settings.Stutters just at the begging then they are gone.Thanks for your effort.What version is that with, the original, the Beta patch or new patch?

Royraiden
04-08-2011, 04:36 PM
What version is that with, the original, the Beta patch or new patch?

With the official patch.

smink1701
04-08-2011, 04:39 PM
Thanks for this HUGE effort!

MD_Titus
Thank you.

should show up once game has booted and shows the initial menu options, bottom right hand corner. old version ends with ....820

Strike
Great news. I like what I read in the changelog!

acare84
04-08-2011, 04:40 PM
With the official patch.

Where did you get the patch? It is not released on Steam...

doghous3
04-08-2011, 04:42 PM
Not only have they managed to get the patch sorted for today, that list is looking seemingly impressive.

Woot, hurry up Steam..

coopdeo
04-08-2011, 04:43 PM

Perhaps it depends on your download region

MD_Titus
With the official patch.
version number?
not yet, or not in your/our region yet anyway...

doghous3
d/l right now. i doubt it'll be long.

MaxVelo
04-08-2011, 04:44 PM
Steam is downloading the patch now for me :)
I'm located in Austria, if that helps anyone...

Redroach
04-08-2011, 04:45 PM
hmm no word about a more visible heading indicator (in some planes) yet? Damn, this is really important to me :(
So, as others say, get a well-deserved weekend off, but then get to a readable heading indicator, yes? Pretty please! :)
It could be pretty easy imo... just enable an info option for the information windows... That way, people could set the heading indicator up as they please - including the old "red letters in the lower-left edge"-style from Il-2. Maybe even including the G-warning indicator the guys from Team Daidalos introduced in Il-2 1946 patch 4.11?
*smiles in an impatient, but at the same time strangely calming way*

MD_Titus
04-08-2011, 04:46 PM
ooo download starts

JG52Uther
04-08-2011, 04:46 PM
Excellent! Thanks Luthier and team!

gheoss
04-08-2011, 04:47 PM
Downloading right now, im in Argentina

ubermachtig
04-08-2011, 04:48 PM
I got a tip for everyone, Open steam, click settings, go to download + cloud and connect with AUSTRIA. Then restart the game and the client should be updating:grin:

pupo162
04-08-2011, 04:49 PM
lONDON is flyable to an extent now! good job

still lags a LOT when closing with enemy bombers

4 2.5 ghz
1gig 5770
3 DDR2

Triggaaar
04-08-2011, 04:49 PM
Ok I've got the new version.

When pressing F2 or F6, my plane is no longer shown.
Ok, ignore that, started working next time I started.

Razorhead
04-08-2011, 04:52 PM
Thanks for the update, much appreciated. Game is running much smoother now :). Keep up the good work!

Buzzer
04-08-2011, 04:52 PM
Good work gents!
Have a nice weekend.

Hope the downsized-window-if-using-non-native-resolution is fixed...
Worked before - bug introduced with beta-patch.

badaboom
04-08-2011, 04:55 PM
Anyone in USA get it yet? I have Russian version.
THX Luthier and Dev. Team!

Royraiden
04-08-2011, 04:55 PM
version number?

Not yet, or not in your/our region yet anyway...

David198502
04-08-2011, 04:59 PM
Steam is downloading the patch now for me :)
I'm located in Austria, if that helps anyone...

right!im in austria too and i have it already!!:grin:the only downside is that now my game "speaks" russian again.and the old maddox.dll file seems to repatch it to the previous version.:(

OG84
04-08-2011, 05:04 PM
omg it's running smooth... :-P

Fangio
04-08-2011, 05:04 PM
I am East Coast, USA (Georgia) and Steam already downloaded and installed the patch no problems.

I did not launch the game or tell Steam to download it or anything... Steam did it all on its own automatically.

Fang

easytarget3
04-08-2011, 05:10 PM
Thank you Oleg,Luthier and team, have a nice weekend!!!

Eldur
04-08-2011, 05:15 PM
Is it not possible to have a download copy (just as in the case of the beta test)?

I hate when Steam is trying to sort out things inside MY hard disk.

Don't know if it's even possible. I deactivated the auto-update feature already, but it gets re-enabled everytime.

MadTommy
04-08-2011, 05:17 PM
Thank you.

Looking forward to flying online this weekend!

scissorss
04-08-2011, 05:18 PM
Was worried about getting the patch here in the U.S. since the game is not officially released here, but steam downloaded and patched the game for me, no problem. :)

Eldur
04-08-2011, 05:18 PM
Excellent!

I have just tried the desktop composition thing on my system with the beta patch and things are much improved!!! :D

Thankyou and your team for all the hard work!!!

How is this possible? Steam links on desktop, other than windows links for applications are handled like web links, so no options here. I can't get rid of the link arrow in the icon's lower left corner, too.

Qpassa
04-08-2011, 05:19 PM
force feedback is your friend

BGs_Ricky
04-08-2011, 05:25 PM
With XP SP3 I still have texture corruption and missions still stop loading at 95% with grass on...

JG14_Jagr
04-08-2011, 05:29 PM
Ok, had the Beta patch.. logged in to STEAM and it auto updated the new patch.. thats not a bad feature Loaded the bomber intercept mission over water and a steady 58-62 fps at 1920X1200 with grass and shadows off..most other things to HIGH and AA off (doesn't seem to be working or needed at the moment)

Decided to try over London.. I flew low alt and it was playable.. better than the Beta patch I think.. I made a mission with 27 He111's and 6 Spitfires and at 5000 I was getting 70 fps!

I'll make some videos and post likes tomorrow.. now I'm off to a 16 hour work shift..

Very good job on the patch..

csThor
04-08-2011, 05:31 PM
Smooth as silk. Thx Maddox Games! :cool:

Rickusty
04-08-2011, 05:31 PM
Amazing as it may seems... but the game stutters a lot MORE now than before the patch...

There are huge freezes when getting close to an enemy fighter.
The game almost stops to a freeze...
Never happened before, the game did run perfectly on medium config...

Is there a way to de-install this patch via Steam? Does anybody knows ??

Thanks

Rick

system
E7500 2,93mhz, 4gb DDR2 800, GTS450 1GB

@.@
04-08-2011, 05:33 PM
Incredible performance gain!
With beta-patch my average fps over land was 11, now it is above 20.

edit: scratch that; my average fps over land is 60 :O

And now I can finally attack bombers without any stutters as soon as I get my crosshair over them ;)

Orpheus
04-08-2011, 05:35 PM
Steam patch downloaded without issue. Seeing a decent improvement in FPS (at least +10/15 more than before) which makes the game a lot better.

Still seeing the heavy stuttering however, both at loadup (initially for 10-15 seconds once in the cockpit) and throughout the flight, especially when flying low over buildings. The stutter is better, definitely, and a little loadup stutter is to be expected - but it's still very much there. Hopefully later patches will solve this as it's probably the worst of the issues since release.

Thanks for all the hard work Team Maddox!

Specs:
i5 quad core @ 3.6g o/c
ATI5770 x2 (crossfire off) @ 1gig each.

Derinahon
04-08-2011, 05:36 PM
Amazing as it may seems... but the game stutters a lot MORE now than before the patch...

Well I'm the same, my processor usage (1st core) is down to about 30% the others working little as before, the game stutters like crazy - worse than ever. Most of the buildings a being drawn in at about 200m and the trees are flat, only rendered fully at about 200 meters too.

Appreciate the effort, but :(

Hood
04-08-2011, 05:36 PM
No improvement here, probably as I'm above recommended spec.

Hood

=XIII=Shea
04-08-2011, 05:38 PM
Maybe its my computer idk,but the game seems to be running worse for me,i have everthing on medium and still i get stuttering and low fps,tryed on low,no difference,high is a complete disaster,anyone with the same problem?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

luthier
04-08-2011, 05:44 PM
Maybe its my computer idk,but the game seems to be running worse for me,i have everthing on medium and still i get stuttering and low fps,tryed on low,no difference,high is a complete disaster,anyone with the same problem?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Drats, we got three more reports about it from other uses, and the cards they have are HD 6950, HD 6870, HD 6850 and 6970. Clearly there's a pattern there. We'll be looking into this ASAP.

FlushMeister
04-08-2011, 05:45 PM
thank you so much for the very hard work!!!!!

SF22
04-08-2011, 05:45 PM
Drats, we got three more reports about it from other uses, and the cards they have are HD 6950, HD 6870, HD 6850 and 6970. Clearly there's a pattern there. We'll be looking into this ASAP.

Solve multiplayer too pls.

akodonnell
04-08-2011, 05:46 PM
can someone put up a link to the maddox.dll for the english patch? I'm running the Russian version of the game and when it auto updated the game went back to Russian.

Anyone know if I can use the english maddox.dll from the beta patch?

Derinahon
04-08-2011, 05:47 PM
Thanks Luthier. In case anyone's thinking 'I'll put the beta patch back in' ...it doesn't work lol

SG1_Lud
04-08-2011, 05:50 PM
Smoooth!

And now steady 30 FPS over the roofs in London (before the patch steady 15 FPS)

PS: To the ones having stutters, I did have in the first run, until I restarted the sim. Give it a try)

Thank you Luthier and team! Have a rest guys!

Intel i7 920 2.93@3,80 Ghz
6Gb DDR2 CL7 1600 Mhz
Ati 5870
Asus P6T vs Deluxe
Dedicated HDD velociraptor for IL2 COD
win 7 64 bits in another velociraptor.

gheoss
04-08-2011, 05:51 PM
I need that maddox.dll in english too, if someone can upload it ?

also i was fliying over the ocean and a huge tree popped out haha , well besides that huge fps inprovement.

Blue Scorpion
04-08-2011, 05:52 PM
Game refuses to run post patch, launcher starts up and crashes, have tried deleting config files, but still no joy.

Intel i7 990X six core @ 3.46GHz, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz DDR3, ATI Radeon HD 6990 4096MB, Intel X25-M Mainstream SSD, and Asus X58 Sabertooth TUF motherboard, all stock speeds running under Win7 64.

rakinroll
04-08-2011, 05:55 PM
Thank you Luthier.

=XIII=Shea
04-08-2011, 05:55 PM

Good to hear thanks luthier:)

Chivas
04-08-2011, 05:56 PM
The sim is very smooth now with everything turned on, and set to HIGH plus 8xAA. Although I find the best resolution is 1024x768 for attacking bombers over London. I increased the Voice level but I still could hardly hear them. The only thing that seemed to increase was the static. The gama also crashed when I tested the speakers. More testing required, but its looks like the sim will be much more fun.

F16_Neo
04-08-2011, 05:56 PM
I get a bit better fps, but the stutters are more noticable. Before I had slightly lower fps, and very small stutters often. Now I have bigger stutters less often.
The stutters seem connected to flying over terrain/trees/towns.

I have 2600K @ 4400, 16GB RAM, GF580
Running game at 1920, 2xAA, med settings, trees low, grass off.
Average over terrain 50 fps or so.

FPS isn't any longer an issue, stutters are.

Tbag
04-08-2011, 05:58 PM
I also have more microfreezes and stutters than before or at least the same amount. All settings on medium, grass, shadows and roads on. Turning grass and shadows off did not help either. I even get tiny stutters low over the channel.

1920x1200
Intel Core i5 2500K 3.30GHz @ 4.40GHz Sandybridge CPU
Asus P8P67 PRO Intel P67 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard
Corsair XMS3 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel
gtx 280
Win 7 professional 64bit

Lixma
04-08-2011, 05:59 PM

HD 5870 here. Slight improvement in FPS (average) but stuttering/jerkiness over land is just as bad, maybe worse.

akodonnell
04-08-2011, 05:59 PM
I need that maddox.dll in english too, if someone can upload it ?

also i was fliying over the ocean and a huge tree popped out haha , well besides that huge fps inprovement.

I have the english maddox.dll that I got from the beta patch, I could link it, but I'm not sure it works and I'm not at my computer right now to test it.

Blue Scorpion
04-08-2011, 06:00 PM

I cannot get the launcher to run now, reading the above I swapped out my HD6990 for an older HD 5850 and it still won't run. This was an install over the beta patch, Steam has verified the file integrity with no problems, and already tried deleting the .ini files under "\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover"

Wurschtie
04-08-2011, 06:01 PM
Alright guys,

here comes a system log file.

System
QuadCore Intel Core i5-2500K Quad Core OCed to max. 4,2 Ghz
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 460 Video Adapter
8GB RAM
Intel SSD (Win7x64 & Game installed on SSD)

Settings were on medium, with grass disabled, low trees and low buildings, 1920x1080.

CPU load is a bit better, last time Core 1 was at about 50%, cores 1-3 were almost idle. This time, load on core 2 is a bit higher.

As you can clearly see, there is the same problem like in a log that was posted about two weeks ago.
The launcher.exe takes up 100% of the VRAM in a few seconds, the other system components seem a bit bored meanwhile.

Visually, there was little to no improvement. FPS were up a bit, but the stutters remain.

15JG52_Brauer
04-08-2011, 06:04 PM
Surprisingly good considering the beta patch gave me at best 1fps more on my test track over London - this has given me 10-15 FPS more :-)

Fall_Pink?
04-08-2011, 06:07 PM
Thanks for your hard work to get it out on Friday and please, please have a nice weekend ;-) There's more than work.....

Rgs,
FP

Derinahon
04-08-2011, 06:07 PM
As I've said previously, the stuttering is worse for me and my CPU is now not even fully using the first core. Thought I'd add a pic.

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/5437/capturewv.jpg (http://img203.imageshack.us/i/capturewv.jpg/)

z0ttel
04-08-2011, 06:08 PM
Game runs much smoother now with the official patch. Heavy stuttering occurs directly after mission has been started, but after that, the game runs fine.

Thank you very much for your work and have a nice weekend :)

Triggaaar
04-08-2011, 06:09 PM
this has given me 10-15 FPS more :-)It's all a bit random. No better for me at the moment, flying the bombers over London mission (which I keep flying to test fps).

Having worked out how to fix the AMD Clock speed only a couple of hours ago, it's now broken again - back to 500 MGHz max.

EDIT - Managed to force GPU Clock speed to 880MGHz for a flight and got improved fps. Avg 40 fps with max settings. I then proceeded to cause PC to crash with ATI Tray Tools. All I need to do now is work out how to get the GPU Clock to run at full speed without crashing my PC.

41Sqn_Stormcrow
04-08-2011, 06:10 PM
Thanks a lot for this update which really did some great thing to the performance when I fly over water. I have an improvement of about 10 to 15 fps on average and max.

Over land the improvement is less important: only 5 fps I'd say. And now I have also won some extra microfreezes that I didn't have before. It is true that in between these microfreezes it runs considerably smoother and also on ground it seems. But I do have noticeable more of these microfreezes than before that are very short (too short to be measured by the fps counter but still very well recognizable).

My system:
Vista 64bit
i7 920
Nvidia GTX 275
6 GB RAM

I think that the path though is well chosen but we are not arrived yet.

NOTA: I never had those severe problems with performance but now the microfreezes are perturbing quite a bit.

I have all on low or medium except the plane model.

FlyingShark
04-08-2011, 06:12 PM
A big thank you for your hard work.

Like I said before, looking forward to future content and I will support you, on one condition...take some rest and enjoy your weekend. Me thinks you deserve it.

~S~

Zoom2136
04-08-2011, 06:12 PM
With XP SP3 I still have texture corruption and missions still stop loading at 95% with grass on...

What are you waiting to upgrade to Win7 64 ??? ;)

Ailantd
04-08-2011, 06:17 PM
Better performance with patch, but for me with maxed FX the nice splash effect when the plane crash in water is completely gone now. Not FX at all.
Also I have noticed that over cities buildings appear, disappear and appear again while still in range and not change in the direction of flying, like a bug in LOD distance calculation or something like that.

Keep up the good work.

quad core
4 Gb RAM
9800 GT
win 7 64

ivo
04-08-2011, 06:20 PM
Hello everybody for me the patch work fine thanks a lot :)

Blue Scorpion
04-08-2011, 06:21 PM
I have tracked down the source of the launcher crash post patch.

Anyone with similar problems navigate to "Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\cache" and delete all the files except the folder "shaders", then go into the folder "Shaders" and delete all the files in there too.

Spoke too soon, performance is not improved with my rig and micro stutters worse than ever, in line with other ATI HD user observations.

Positronic
04-08-2011, 06:30 PM
Thank you. Game is running smoother here.

grayson1337
04-08-2011, 06:35 PM
well done, luther and Co.

update worked well for me and the game starts to feel playable. Just played the airfield attack mission with about 30 planes in the air and did a lot of dogfighting over land. almost no stutters (a few exception but way within limits) and an avg. framerate of 30.

C2Q 4,0 Ghz, 4 Gig ram, Geforce gtx560,

Mid-high settings

335th_GRAthos
04-08-2011, 06:40 PM
I see noticeable improvement compared to the beta patch! :-)

very smooth game, stutters gone.
GPU load now runs at 99% ! :-)

Also CPU load increased.

Very nice patch

Many thanks Luthier and nice week end !

~S~

Malc29
04-08-2011, 06:41 PM
I had this occur when I heavily damaged a Dornier. It may have been there before the patch and I hadn't managed to do this much damage before!

This will be a great game and is well worth the patience needed to let the guys have the time to fix the current issues.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5262/5601244500_c880c90714.jpg

sg1221
04-08-2011, 06:47 PM
Overall the patch made the game much better for me. The micro freezes are gone
and the frame rates have increased some. A couple issues I have are , with trackir
if I don't move my head the stutters are greatly reduced but if I look around a lot
(flying over London) I get a lot of stutters. Also if I change my resolution from 1920/1080 down to 1600/900 my screen shrinks and I have a black border around it. In other games I can drop my resolution but my screen is still full size.

Thanks for the patch :)

sg

senseispcc
04-08-2011, 06:48 PM
Thanks,

But, yes there is a but, but the micro freeze are back at low altitude over buildings and trees. fps correct, and many other bug corrected.

Thanks again for your fantastic job.

Win7 x64
Asus p6x58d
I7 975 3.75Ghz
System & game HDD 256Gb 10.000rpm.
12 Gb (6*2Gb) ddr3 1333Mhz memory
Geforce gtx580 1.5Gb
Trackir 5
Saitek X52

Jaws2002
04-08-2011, 06:49 PM
Thank you guys for the fast work. Solid improvement here. Medium to low power PC.
Q6600 Quad @2.8
GX285 1gig vRAM
4gigs ddr2
With improved multicore load balancing, a new solid graphics card, and double the ram, I may not even have to build a new system.:-P

15JG52_Brauer
04-08-2011, 06:51 PM
I had this occur when I heavily damaged a Dornier. It may have been there before the patch and I hadn't managed to do this much damage before!

This will be a great game and is well worth the patience needed to let the guys have the time to fix the current issues.

I wondered whee Tree had got to - now he's finally in the game LOL

Anyway uthier and the team - great ork have a great weekend :-)

utu
04-08-2011, 06:57 PM
Nice job! waiting for Vsync of, also.

Geronimo989
04-08-2011, 07:03 PM
Thank you! This patch made the game finally playable for me on regular resolution. Keep up the good work :D

lensman1945
04-08-2011, 07:03 PM
Very nice!:)
A very measurable improvement for me.
1280x720, every thing set to High. Grass, Shadows and Roads on, AAx2.

Over land average fps up from 42 to 62
Over water up from 56 to 70
Over London up from a stuttering 15 to a quite smooth 48 - 59

Great work guys!

Devastat
04-08-2011, 07:13 PM
Big improvement here as well. Thanks alot for the team!

Schuetz
04-08-2011, 07:15 PM
Good job! On my system it`s smoother and the micro stutters are mostly gone. Even in quick mission over London with 6 hurries and 9 Ju88 it`s the framerate mostly over 30!

System:
Intel Q9550@3.4Ghz
4GB DDR2 Ram
Geforce GTX 570

gheoss
04-08-2011, 07:21 PM
please can someone post the english maddox.dll? thank youu

Derinahon
04-08-2011, 07:22 PM
Luthier, is it possible to upload a roll back patch for us HD6xxx users? As it stands, I can't fly with all this stutter, even at low settings :(

boo hoo lol

Kankkis
04-08-2011, 07:27 PM
I don't know what to say, when i'm alone in the sky, game is smooth, played much tonight, new final patch gives me boost to london, played it 15min then it's smooth(stuttering but not so badly). When textures are loaded on to memory. But then i take quick mission and results in the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kcq8_NOD_BA

Not so fine anymore

Kankkis

Triggaaar
04-08-2011, 07:28 PM
Luthier, is it possible to upload a roll back patch for us HD6xxx users? As it stands, I can't fly with all this stutter, even at low settings :(

boo hoo lolCheck what Clock speeds your getting, in case it's not running at full speed etc.

senseispcc
04-08-2011, 07:39 PM
I do not know if it the same for everyone but;
There is a rear view mirror on the outside view of the Hurricane but not in the inside view!

Nice Game.

touchdown42
04-08-2011, 07:42 PM
Hi there,

also mixed results.
I'd say fps went up a bit but stutters are definitely worse than with the beta patch.
With the beta i had lower fps over all but the feel was much (much) smoother.
fps increase most noticeable over london. @ Tower bridge ~300-400m height fps in the high 20th to 30th. Never seen that before but then the poup of the houses was much more noticeable. And of course the stutters. With beta patch i had ~12-15 fps there but the feeling was almost smooth.

And if i disable AERO via the properties of the launcher.exe i can't see my previous recorded tracks any more?!?

8GB DDR3
6950 2GB
Win7 64

1920x1200
med forrest, med houses, med effects, all else high
shadows, streets and grass enabled

Derinahon
04-08-2011, 07:42 PM
Check what Clock speeds your getting, in case it's not running at full speed etc.

I have, the GPU is at 100% load and full clocks, but my processor is only getting 40-50% load on the first core where it was previously 100%. :confused:

Triggaaar
04-08-2011, 07:52 PM
I have, the GPU is at 100% load and full clocks, but my processor is only getting 40-50% load on the first core where it was previously 100%. :confused:A 6970 at full clocks and 100% load - that doesn't sound right does it. Mine is only 100% load when my clock is limited to 500 MGHz. When I force it to 880, GPU load drops a bit.

Tigertooo
04-08-2011, 07:55 PM

you did that deliberate Malc 29. (sorry chaps :this is an inside joke between Malc 29 and me so disregard this answer of me :cool:)

mcdaniels
04-08-2011, 08:05 PM
Hello folks!
Big THX to the Dev Team. You did a really good job on the final patch. I can start missions, campaign and so on without crashing.

I switched trees of totally, set buildings to low, gras on, streets off, model details high, damagemodel detailed, playing at 1920x1024, terrain rendering medium and i have lots of micro stuttering when in combat. Especially over land its difficult to aim @target because of these annoying stutters.

What if I use DX10 instead of DX11? Will there be a performance gain? How can I switch this? (i dont know which config to edit...)

I also notices that only core 1 und 3 of my Phenom X3 are being working @ 80% of Load. Launcher.exe did not use as much memory as before the patch :)! nice!

Finally:
I was very angry, when i realised that the sim did not work smoothly on my "not so bad PC" directly after i bought it.
But now I will revert and say: "This is a really really NICE Sim, with detailed planes and and and..."

Keep up the good work!

Greetings from Austria!

=XIII=Shea
04-08-2011, 08:10 PM
I have came across what looked like a lake from far away,but it wasnt map bug,maybe its my grapics card as luither said,also in the first pic there are black lines from land out to sea,they have been present even before the patch

ARGH
04-08-2011, 08:10 PM
I don't know what to say, when i'm alone in the sky, game is smooth, played much tonight, new final patch gives me boost to london, played it 15min then it's smooth(stuttering but not so badly). When textures are loaded on to memory. But then i take quick mission and results in the video

Not so fine anymore

Kankkis

can you check your vram usage?

it looks like you are going over the 1gb frame buffer of the gpu.

Winger
04-08-2011, 08:15 PM
For me it seems the betapatch was better than this one. I seem to have more stuttering over land than with the beta patch. Over water teh performacnce is good. Over land its good too but the stutters kill it.

SYSTEM:

Core i7 930 @4 GHz
GFX: GTX 480 SLI (onl one activated)
RAM: GSKILL 6 GB Tripple channel
MB: Gigabte X58 A- UD5

Derinahon
04-08-2011, 08:16 PM
A 6970 at full clocks and 100% load - that doesn't sound right does it. Mine is only 100% load when my clock is limited to 500 MGHz. When I force it to 880, GPU load drops a bit.

I'd expect the GPU to max out and it certainly did with the vanilla version and beta patch. The CPU on the other hand I'm confused about. This morning it was maxing out the first core and I could play reasonably smoothly with some stutter, mainly over built up areas. Now the same CPU core isn't being utilised fully and the stutter is terrible.

I'm assuming this is the reason for the performance drop. Anyway I don't want to make any more noise about it, let's get some more feedback from others.

OG84
04-08-2011, 08:18 PM
I have came across what looked like a lake from far away,but it wasnt map bug,maybe its my grapics card as luither said,also in the first pic there are black lines from land out to sea,they have been present even before the patch

i have those black glitches (on the first picture) too. But the game runs fine on high.
MSI R6970 Graphic Card w/ 2GB
Corsair F90 SSD Harddisk (running steam and CoD on it)
Win7 Pro, x64

Pudenfuhrer
04-08-2011, 08:29 PM
First post to say how impressed I am with this game now

With this new patch I'm getting great performance with graphics set to high. This is easily the best looking game I've ever seen and the fps I'm getting for how good it looks is really impressive. The ability to look and move about the cockpit with the mouse is really immerse compared to il2 1946. I found myself taking a hurricane up to high altitude with the engine starting to labour and cut with the advanced engine modelling. After spending a while setting keys and operating pitch and mix with ctrl + throttle and shift + throttle, I was looking at the exhaust colour and trying to get the best mix - so immerse.

I burnt damaged the exhaust a bit after messing up coming back down ;) Landed slightly hairily and watched the trees and grass blowing in the wind.

A combat engagement near the cost with about 10 planes ran the same - really well.
Over London I get slightly lower frames at low altitude - but still felt like a fightable fps. I'm not getting the big variation and jumps at all.

I'm getting at least 30-40 fps and often more. Stuttering is mild

My specs
8 gig RAM 1333Mhz
Phenom II 965 X4 clocked to 3700Ghz
SLI GTX470 - running in single GPU mode clocked to 710 core, 3450mhz mem
WD caviar black

Just awesome - I'd recommend right now to anyone with a powerful single card setup. It's probably gotta be a GTX280 or 470 or better - but man it's worth it! Can't wait for SLI and further fixes. To anyone that doesn't know, these guys will give us years of updates and new planes - just wait and see.

fruitbat
04-08-2011, 08:35 PM
It's gotta be a GTX280 or 470 or better

nope, 280 isn't good enough, speaking form personal experience.

got to be 4 series or better.

Pudenfuhrer
04-08-2011, 08:50 PM

Interesting - that (edit) may be an indicator that DX11 shader performance is important. I know that things like tesselation etc are much more optimised on the fermi cards. I believe that in most DX9 games a GTX470 and GTX280 are equivalent

jibo
04-08-2011, 08:51 PM
in fact it's gotta be 470gtx 1.2Gb minimum to be more precise

Pudenfuhrer
04-08-2011, 09:07 PM
in fact it's gotta be 470gtx 1.2Gb minimum to be more precise

I think the use of "got to" should be avoided - but you may be right. To clarify - I just mean that we are guessing at where the bottlenecks in systems may be

p

flyingblind
04-08-2011, 09:15 PM
I am starting to find this all getting a little irritating. Nothing seems consistant at the moment. I am not even sure if the patch has downloaded and installed. I can see no version number on any of my screens. Something downloaded and my axis controls were suddenly changed around so I can only assume it has.
The frame rate dropped drastically and the more I reduced the video settings the worse it got until eventually flying the quick mission over Dover with just the Hurrican and everything set on minimum I was down to 10fps. So I just wacked everything up to maximum and the fps immediately jumped to 40! Until I got close to the ground when the fps evaporated again.
The things that gave me better fps on the deck were turning off grass, setting buidings amount to high and buildings detail to very low. Even with forest on very high I am getting 30fps down low but the biggest factor was turning AA down to 2x. And the landscape looks pretty good.
When I checked the performance I found the CPU Usage was only about 14% until I changed the affinity mask to 15 when the usage doubled to 30%.
I still don't think things are as good when multiple aircraft are around with even more stuttering than pre patch. I think it's just a case of experiementing and waiting for more patches.
One thing that did make me smile is that if you look at the heads of some of the bolts, the ones on the seat back of the Hurrican are good, you will see they have a word I can't quite make out and Maddox Games embossed on them.

Asus M4N98TD EVO NF 980a SLI AM3 Motherboard
Phenome II 965 Quad Core
Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti
4gb DDR3

Rattlehead
04-08-2011, 09:24 PM
Here is my report:

System:

Intel dual core E6850 (stock speed)
Ati Radeon 5870 (Catalyst 11.3 drivers)
4 gb Ram
Windows 7 32-bit

Resolution: 1920x1080
Antialiasing: x2

test 1A: Free flight over England

Model detail: High
building detail: Low
land detail: low
forest: Low
visual effects: High
damage decals: High
buildings amount: Low
land shading: low
Grass, roads, shadows all on

FPS: on average 40+
Microstuttering: very low (but still a little bit)

Verdict:

Performance increase is negligable in test 1A from pre-patch.

Test 1B: Free flight over England

building detail: medium
land detail: medium
forest: medium
visual effects: High
damage decals: High
buildings amount: medium
land shading: medium
Grass, roads, shadows all on

FPS: between 28 and 34 fps.
Microstuttering: high

Verdict:

An increase in performance over pre-patch, but the microstuttering makes it difficult to play. Without microstutter, the game would be generally smooth at these settings.

Test 2A: Custom test with 12 Spitfires attacking 9 Heinkels He-111 at 2500m over land

(Settings as Test 1A)

FPS: high 30's on average
Microstuttering: very little, but still some

Verdict:

A big increase in performance when attacking bombers over pre-patch. Before, the game would crawl when close to bombers, but now the frame rate dips only a little. Much improved.

Test 2B: Custom test with 12 Spitfires attacking 9 Heinkels He-111 at 2500m over land

(Settings as Test 1B)

FPS: high 30's on average
Microstuttering: very little, but still some

Verdict:

An increase in performance over pre-patch, but stutter when attacking bombers at these settings is considerably worse than in test 2A)

The biggest performance increase came when flying over London. (settings as in test 1A)
Pre-patch, it was completely unplayable, but now for the first time I was seeing sometimes more than 30 fps. This is a huge improvement. Sadly, there is still a fair amount of stutter.

Overall verdict:

In general, there is an increase in performance over pre-patched game. Microstutter once trees and buildings is set to 'medium' is considerable, but with trees and buildings set to 'low' it is almost gone.

The game would be smooth at respectable detail levels but for the stutter, which is still high.

The visual artifacts and glitches I was seeing before are all gone now, which is much improved from the game pre-patch.

There is still pixellating of the Spitfire's rear view mirror.

The Heinkels seem very easy to shoot down now...much easier than in pre-patch game. I shot down 3 on a single pass. ;)

Thanks team for the patch. I feel in general things have been improved, but there might still be some work to do regarding the stutter.
But overall I am pleased with the results.

Pudenfuhrer
04-08-2011, 09:31 PM
Asus M4N98TD EVO NF 980a SLI AM3 Motherboard
Phenome II 965 Quad Core
Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti
4gb DDR3

Interesting - I just picked high for most options as very high seemed overkill and it says in the manual that lower settings are not recommended as they won't necessarily bring much improvement. Your and my systems are similar, same processor and mobo - I'll post exactly what my settings are later as well as my conf.ini

You are running on a decent 64bit OS right? - Windows 7 64bit pro and better offers about as much physical memory addressing as anyone can use and that's what I'm using.

For once I think this is a game that tests your entire system - not just the GPU. Only problem just now is it's not using all our cores and multi GPUs..

Runs as well for me as, say Fallout New Vegas - or Shogun 2 (and still no DX11 there ;))
Well - that's enough from me for tonight - I must sound like a fanboy - but this is the most modern and exciting game engine - and it's only going to expand and grow - good times ahead and keep the faith!

All the best with everyone persevering with this -
p

Pudenfuhrer
04-08-2011, 09:39 PM
Here is my report:

System:

Intel dual core E6850 (stock speed)
Ati Radeon 5870 (Catalyst 11.3 drivers)
4 gb Ram
Windows 7 32-bit

Resolution: 1920x1080
Antialiasing: x2

Quick last post for the night (sorry) I think your video card is chewing up a lot of address space - you are going to running with probably 2gig of addressable ram or so. That may be causing stutter - I still hope they improve the way it loads assets to help you out but sadly I'd have to recommend going 64bit. I would also suggest looking at using junctions to maybe split asset folders across more than one hard disk, bigger, fixed size virtual RAM, that sort of caper.

p

madrebel
04-08-2011, 09:42 PM
WHAT TO EXPECT FOR US IN THE COMING DAYS AND WEEKS:

* SLI and Crossfire support;
* Improved multicore support;
* Additional optimization;
* New multiplayer maps;
* Additional variants of existing aircraft;
* New missions and campaigns!

you forgot the part about the dedicated server. this is crucially important.

orangefood
04-08-2011, 09:48 PM
filefront link? I don't like steam nor trust it

jibo
04-08-2011, 09:48 PM
if you want constancies
there is still a Vram bottleneck heavily impacting gtx 200-460 cards
1920 is still touchy and unpredictable, 1680 is a better test

tobruk
04-08-2011, 10:11 PM
@luthier

thanks for your patch and hard work, my fps increase a little bit, but
(micro) stutters over London and other citys.

Sad to see that you remove realism of Plane Movement (rubber bands) in
Il2 COD. I recognized the smoother movement during the fight with other
Player Planes which make the flight more realism. Can´t it be fixed in
other way (issue with tracers)?

AIRCRAFT
* Removed “rubber bands” from player aircraft that made its movement smoother by delaying graphical representation of the plane behind its physical position,
with the rare unintended consequence of making tracers appear to fly out sideways;

Hardware
Core2Quad 9550 2.8 GHZ - OC to 3.4GHZ
4 GB RAM
Ati HD6970 2 GB

41Sqn_Stormcrow
04-08-2011, 10:55 PM

Can't concord with this. I have a GTX 275 and it runs over ocean with 40-60 fps, over land in average 35. Not high settings and some stuff turned off but still very nice looking and yet good performance. The only issue is with some stutters over land that increased with patch but I just down turned the visibility distance in the conf file and now everythings fine. So definitely playable and enjoyable with a GTX 275

Buchon
04-08-2011, 11:04 PM

This bizarre bug happen to me just now.

I did try reproduce it ... same settings ... mission ... etc, but no luck.

The mission was 010 - Bomber Intercept - Channel, but using Spitfire I.

was shooting to the bombers tail and every time that hited his main body (or tail) instead a piece of fuselage drop is a tree spawned, a big one :shock:

Helrza
04-08-2011, 11:08 PM

Thats all part of the RAF's enviromental incentives scheme. For every dornier you shoot down, they'll plant a tree :D

luthier
04-08-2011, 11:45 PM
Thank you everyone for your test reports.

We are looking to see into what's happening with HD 68xx-69xx users. We did put some last-minute changes into the release patch compared to the beta patch, and apparently something there did not click with that particular line of video cards. However some people with 6xxxs do report improved or acceptable performance, so this may be tied to some specific settings.

Quick thing to try is to delete the contents of your
(Documents)\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\cache\shaders
and see if that helps it.

If you have a HD 68xx or better Radeon card, you more than meet the recommended reqs and should not need to turn down any settings besides perhaps Forest and Buildings Amount.

We'll be looking into this aggressively and by Monday should have either a hotfix or a rollback for the affected users. My apologies to everyone affected.

gheoss
04-08-2011, 11:54 PM
Thank you very much luthier, we appreciate your efforts to fix this soon to be, awesome sim

Skoshi Tiger
04-08-2011, 11:55 PM
Thanks for the update! Big improvement on my system.

Cheers!

Zorin
04-08-2011, 11:56 PM

We are looking to see into what's happening with HD 68xx-69xx users. We did put some last-minute changes into the release patch compared to the beta patch, and apparently something there did not click with that particular line of video cards. However some people with 6xxxs do report improved or acceptable performance, so this may be tied to some specific settings.

If you have a HD 68xx or better Radeon card, you more than meet the recommended reqs and should not need to turn down any settings besides perhaps Forest and Buildings Amount.

We'll be looking into this aggressively and by Monday should have either a hotfix or a rollback for the affected users. My apologies to everyone affected.

Please, I don't want to sound rude or aynthing, I am just astounded because I wanted to upgrade to a system build around a 6950. Will we be forced to run below full settings even with such a system?

I mean,, you want to unlock a lot of more complex stuff in the future and if a high end system will now only run below max settings, what are we supposed to do when the next major update comes? Upgrade again?

luthier
04-09-2011, 12:08 AM
Please, I don't want to sound rude or aynthing, I am just astounded because I wanted to upgrade to a system build around a 6950. Will we be forced to run below full settings even with such a system?

I mean,, you want to unlock a lot of more complex stuff in the future and if a high end system will now only run below max settings, what are we supposed to do when the next major update comes? Upgrade again?

No no no no, what I mean is, the cards and all the Radeons are perfectly fine. Our lead graphics programmer is running one etc. We are fully supporting them and there's no preference to any manufacturer or anything like that.

It simply looks like we made a mistake somewhere in the rush to release this patch which we'll rectify ASAP.

This won't happen again.

Ali Fish
04-09-2011, 12:10 AM
great evening flying tonight, much improved ! thanks 1C

AARPRazorbacks
04-09-2011, 01:51 AM
If a picture speaks louder then words a video speaks louder then a picture.

The first video is with the beta patch setting set to high but forest low at the first of the video.

When I first got CoD it played like the second video until I set to 800x600 on my then it looked like the first video.

That is not working now.

Intel core Duo E8600 @ 3.33GHz
3.00GB OF RAM.
Video card GTX 470
MOBO- Gigabyte GA-EP45_UD3P
Windows XP Pro 32bit.

1st

http://www.vimeo.com/22136727

2ed

http://www.vimeo.com/22149080

Anyone know how to fixs this. Or having the same thing happen?

If we redownload the sim what version would it be ?

Thanks,
flyer01

602Sqn.McLean
04-09-2011, 01:57 AM
Multiplayer still not showing servers even with patch. Can now direct connect though.

BadAim
04-09-2011, 02:12 AM
There has got to be a common thread somewhere in all of this, but I just don't see it. I have a GTX 470 with over 1.2 gig of ram and I'm still getting micro freezes (I hesitate to call them stutters because they last so long). I'm getting better framerates though so I think were going in the right direction. If I didn't have an uncanny ability to see the forest in spite of the trees, I might be getting frustrated here, but I kinda think it's fun. (I suppose in a masochistic sort of way)

Killerwatt
04-09-2011, 02:19 AM
The patch has fixed the problem of the green sea. While using forest low, I can now have trees and a normal sea. Flying over London pre patch would eventually result in a launcher crash with the "Launcher has encountered a problem" error message. This problem is still present post patch. I dont seem to get this problem over water. I havent tried over country yet. I think this problem is related to memory. Possibly a memory leak as it takes time to manifest itself.
Overall the perfomance seems more fluid but there are still issues with massive slowdowns when coming in to land. Also the option for AA only has one entry in the drop down box - Off. All my testing was done with a resolution off 1200x800 under DX9.
My specs are :
Antec Nine Hundred Two Case,
Sapphire Radeon HD 4870 Vapor-X 2GB,
Akasa PowerMax 850W Power supply,
Asus P6T Motherboard LGA1 366 Intel X58 ATX RAID SA,
Intel Core i7-920 D0 Step Processor (8M Cache),
Corsair XMS3 3GB (3x1024M B) DDR3 Memory 1600MHz,
Noctua NH-U12P CPU Cooler SE1366,
LG GH22NP20 22x DVDRW/ RAM,
Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1.5TB Hard Disk Drive 72 (Two),
Windows XP Home Edition. updated to SP3
No overclocking done and everything running at stock speeds

kalimba
04-09-2011, 02:41 AM
No no no no, what I mean is, the cards and all the Radeons are perfectly fine. Our lead graphics programmer is running one etc. We are fully supporting them and there's no preference to any manufacturer or anything like that.

It simply looks like we made a mistake somewhere in the rush to release this patch which we'll rectify ASAP.

This won't happen again.

Dear Luthier,

Even if you were to make other " mistakes" trying to fix things rapidly, how could we possibly be mad about that ? We know you and your team are doing your best to fix things up...Its up to us now to help you give the simfans the best WW2 game ever...So please, don't apologize...;)

Best Regards,

Robert

baronWastelan
04-09-2011, 03:02 AM
Hello Ilya and team:

I have just installed Cliffs of Dover today for the 1st time. I have everything set to "Medium" in details, Resolution 1920 x 1200. No graphics problems to report, and I find the game to perform comparably to FSX w/Acceleration with all scenery sliders on maximum, very playable with occasional slow-downs. Here is my system:

Processor
Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q9650
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Processor clock
3600 MHz
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Graphics Card
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285
# of cards
SLI / CrossFire
Off
Driver version
Operating system
64-bit Windows 7 (6.1.7601)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC. Maximus Extreme
Memory
4096 MB
Module 1
1024 MB Corsair DDR3 @ 667 MHz

Module 2

Module 3

Module 4

Settings from conf.ini:

[core]
RandSeed = 0
TexQual=3
TexFlags.PolygonStipple=0
Shadows=1
SpecularLight=2
DiffuseLight=2
DynamicalLights=1
MeshDetail=1
LandShading=1
LandDetails=1
Sky=3
Forest=2
VisibilityDistance=3
LandGeom=2
DrawCollisions=1
Water=-1
Effects=1
EffFlags.Light=1
EffFlags.SpriteRender=0
Grass=3
CordEffect=1
UseFog=0
UseLandCube=1
UseLandConnectedObject=1
LinearObjectManager=1
Roads=1
Sun=1
Clouds=1
EffFlags.LightSpritesProj=1
ShadowMapSize=5
TexFlags.AsyncLoad=1
TexFlags.ShowTexture=0
SimpleMesh.SWTransform=0
SimpleMesh.QuadTreeClip=1
SimpleMesh.InstancingHW=1
EffFlags.LightContextSprites=1
CloudsFlags.Detailed=1
TexFlags.CreateHDR=1
Decals=1
EffFlags.SWLight=0
TexFlags.CockpitOnePass=0
MegaTexture=0
TexFlags.Reflection=0
RenderTargetQual=3
MSAA=0
MeshStatics=1
MeshStaticsDetail=2
SimpleMesh.QTNoCompose=0
MeshFirstLod=0
MeshShowLod=0
SpawnHumans=0

[sound]
SoundUse=1
DebugSound=0
SoundEngine=1
Speakers=1
Placement=0
SoundFlags.reversestereo=0
RadioFlags.Enabled=1
RadioEngine=2
MusicVolume=14
ObjectVolume=7
MusState.takeoff=1
MusState.inflight=1
MusState.crash=1
MusFlags.play=1
MasterVolume=14
Attenuation=7
SoundMode=0
SamplingRate=0
NumChannels=2
SoundExt.occlusions=1
SoundFlags.hardware=1
SoundFlags.streams=1
SoundFlags.duplex=1
SoundExt.acoustics=1
SoundExt.volumefx=1
SoundFlags.voicemgr=1
SoundFlags.static=1
VoiceVolume=8
Channels=1
SoundFlags.bugscorrect=0
SoundExt.extrender=0
SoundSetupId=8
ActivationLevel=0.02
Preemphasis=0.8
RadioLatency=0.5
AGC=1
PTTMode=1
RadioFlags.PTTMode=0
RadioFlags.PlayClicks=1
ActLevel=9
MicLevel=10
SoundFlags.UseRadioChatter=0
SoundFlags.AutoActivation=0
SoundFlags.forceEAX1=0

sod16
04-09-2011, 03:08 AM
Specs in sig...
@ 1600 by 900 (down from 1080p)

VERY HIGH (NO AA) over sea = 8 - 40 fps -> 24 - 110 FPS average 80, with planes 40 to 50+
Overland >still unplayable, but more then playable @ high distant flights

Dog fighting is now possible, AI seem less retarded. (campain and quick flight was unplayable)
Fixed frame rate overall, land and sea by roughly double with forests turned off and buildings reduced, way less stutters but still a few.

After Multicore optimisation 2/4 core's constant use, I think performance will again double over land and buildings will not magically apear.

Shadows/roads etc are still eating frames.

Wolf_Rider
04-09-2011, 04:09 AM
I don't know what the heck happened ... removed two x 460 sli'd/ put in my long waited for eVGA 580/ fired up COD, to my sirprise Steam downloaded the COD update and crikey - my frame rates doubled to tripled, most of the stutter was gone (though I had forgotten I set visibility from 3 - 2) the gluggy feeling with F10 engaged was gone and no FPS his with it enabled.

ftm, I've only been running the first two Quick Missions, over sea and over land (with grass off) and AA off and I noticed a lot more desktop resolutions available in menu.

cheers and thanks 1C

Skoshi Tiger
04-09-2011, 04:10 AM
I guess its based on number of objects on the map I I've been getting a better rrate in Multiplayer, averaging about 45 rather than 35 for the single missions.!

Cheers!

3./JG51_Heiden
04-09-2011, 04:21 AM
After Steam installed the patch, I get this error from Launcher.exe every time I try to play. It's a show-stopper!

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: launcher.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 4d6e3d08
Problem Signature 04: maddox
Problem Signature 05: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4d9f52b9
Problem Signature 07: 6023
Problem Signature 08: 79
Problem Signature 09: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

JG14_Jagr
04-09-2011, 04:31 AM
So can we officially say that the "Panic" mode can officially be put behind us? From the reports it appears that this patch has made SIGNIFICANT progress towards getting the game optimized. The good news is that the game is FAR from optimized.. It might sound crazy at first, but in reality it means that the developers will be able to make fairly large improvements in the future.. Fixing SLI and X Fire as well as maybe some Multi Core support would reap large rewards.

Skiiwa
04-09-2011, 04:33 AM
Didnt fix the awfull XP graphics problem:( I still cant play it.....

Skiiwa
04-09-2011, 04:40 AM
If a picture speaks louder then words a video speaks louder then a picture.

The first video is with the beta patch setting set to high but forest low at the first of the video.

When I first got CoD it played like the second video until I set to 800x600 on my then it looked like the first video.

That is not working now.

Intel core Duo E8600 @ 3.33GHz
3.00GB OF RAM.
Video card GTX 470
MOBO- Gigabyte GA-EP45_UD3P
Windows XP Pro 32bit.

1st

http://www.vimeo.com/22136727

2ed

http://www.vimeo.com/22149080

Anyone know how to fixs this. Or having the same thing happen?

If we redownload the sim what version would it be ?

Thanks,
flyer01

Your second Vid is how my Graphics have looked from day one. Ive tried EVERYTHING. There has been a few others that have posted pics but yours is the first Vid Ive seen. No One had found a solution other than switching to Win 7. I dont have 150 to spend on win 7...All of us seem to be on XP with this issue. New patch did nothing for me....
PLEASE HELP US FIX THIS!
anyone....?? :(

Cotton
04-09-2011, 05:39 AM
Seam may have updated my game with the patch but I am not sure as I had to do a system restore and everything was rolled back to yesterday version.
Although steam is showing the patch details my version of the game is still the previous version.

Is there a solution?

Khamsin
04-09-2011, 05:49 AM

was shooting to the bombers tail and every time that hited his main body (or tail) instead a piece of fuselage drop is a tree spawned, a big one :shock:

I've had the same thing whilst flying a Spit IIa in the low level 110 intercept quick mission.

Urufu_Shinjiro
04-09-2011, 05:57 AM
Seam may have updated my game with the patch but I am not sure as I had to do a system restore and everything was rolled back to yesterday version.
Although steam is showing the patch details my version of the game is still the previous version.

Is there a solution?

Open Steam, right-click on CoD, select properties, go to Local Files tab, click Verify Integrity of Game Cache.

addman
04-09-2011, 06:05 AM

Yup, can confirm that. Happened to me already in the beta patch.

BGs_Ricky
04-09-2011, 06:06 AM
Your second Vid is how my Graphics have looked from day one. Ive tried EVERYTHING. There has been a few others that have posted pics but yours is the first Vid Ive seen. No One had found a solution other than switching to Win 7. I dont have 150 to spend on win 7...All of us seem to be on XP with this issue. New patch did nothing for me....
PLEASE HELP US FIX THIS!

Exact same problem for me, was unable to fix it. Some people with older cards than mine (GTX460) seem tu run the game fine, looks like if it's a combination of XP+DX9+certain recent Nvidia cards+drivers ?? that cause the problem.

Kikuchiyo
04-09-2011, 06:08 AM
PLEASE HELP US FIX THIS!

You can get Win 7 64 bit for 100 USD through newegg.com. OEM version, but it's pretty much the exact same OS, so vOV.

Wolf_Rider
04-09-2011, 06:12 AM
Hmmm...

more testing has, as soon as trees are set above Very Low the stutters return - to pre - patch levels.
memory usgae was 1024Mb
AA still gives a fps drop whem turned on ingame

we need a 64bit exe
the sim also needs an ingame Vsync similar to Heaven (Unigine)

does the sim use Ambient Occlusion? (the shadow flickering seems consistent with the shadow flickering in Heaven (Unigine)

SDT_longshot
04-09-2011, 06:16 AM
luthier since i have downloaded the patch i get a message saying launcher has encounterd a problem and needs to close we are sorry for the inconvenience

i downloaded the game off steam and i have tryed the verify integraty of the games catche i have turned avg anti virus off and still no luck

i have

xp 64bit

i7 quadcore 3.40 ghz proccessor and 6 gb of ram

and a radion hd 4890 graphics card

can you or eny 1 else help me please

Fergal69
04-09-2011, 06:43 AM
where do I find out what version I have?

Tiger27
04-09-2011, 07:07 AM
luthier since i have downloaded the patch i get a message saying launcher has encounterd a problem and needs to close we are sorry for the inconvenience

i downloaded the game off steam and i have tryed the verify integraty of the games catche i have turned avg anti virus off and still no luck

i have

xp 64bit

i7 quadcore 3.40 ghz proccessor and 6 gb of ram

and a radion hd 4890 graphics card

can you or eny 1 else help me please

Have you tried a reboot and make sure grass is off

Schuetz
04-09-2011, 07:08 AM
where do I find out what version I have?

First menu screen, rightdown. ;-)

JG14_Jagr
04-09-2011, 07:12 AM
Run the game, it will be on the bottom right of the startup pages..

SDT_longshot
04-09-2011, 07:15 AM
Have you tried a reboot and make sure grass is off

have tryed the reboot and i carnt turn grass off cause i carnt get the game to start at all

JG14_Jagr
04-09-2011, 07:17 AM

Is there a solution?

If you do the check cache integrity it should roll it back and allow for it to re patch. The other option, de authorize it and delete all local content then re download it again...

Fergal69
04-09-2011, 07:24 AM
First menu screen, rightdown. ;-)

found it now, thanks - wasn't looking on main screen as assumed it would be somewhere on the initial loading screen (the one with the pilot & epilepsy warning as per 1946), then was looking through game details on Steam.

Ala13_Kokakolo
04-09-2011, 08:10 AM
Increase of FPS noticeable. I have set a mission with a fighter on ground and a three bombers formation flying around the field (doing nothing) I have also set a flock of seagulls fliying on the area (I wanted to see how do they look like). The sim is flyable now. Good work. But is far from perfect still some minimal stutters and a decrease of frames when I fly over the buildings. I have lowered the quality and amount of buildings but leave everything else. Grass and all that on. The anisotropic filter set to x4.

I have found some visual glitches. On the coast there are some flickering of artifacts and I found one road which was moving sideways while I was overfliying it. This road was on the south coast of Englans.

Response of the joy was quicker now, flying in general was smoother. Also thanks for the slider added to the sound.

By the way, when I am in the ground with the engine off the plane makes a horrible sound loke metalic and it moves sligthly, probably due to the wind.

System:
Amd Phenom II x4 940 3.0 ghz
Ram 8 GB
windows 7 64 bits
Radeon HD 4870

=XIII=Shea
04-09-2011, 08:31 AM

No joy for me luthier,thanks anyway,looking forward to the fix:-)

Skoshi Tiger
04-09-2011, 08:32 AM
Game runs very well in multiplayer but I think The Blue team is cheating

http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b423/Skoshi_Tiger/2011-04-09_00001.jpg

Wonder Woman must have sold out to the Axis!

Cheers!

Flanker35M
04-09-2011, 08:51 AM
S!

Tried Luthier's tip on cleaning the shader cache. No joy on my system. The stutter down low near houses is dreadful. I lowered resolution to 1440x900 and all to low or off except model detail to High. Sure got +100fps but stutter was there still. The fps fluctuated some 10-25fps during stutters, at times even more.

With the previous beta I could play at my native 1920x1200 resolution acceptably, even more so at 1650x1080. Luckily there is an AMD driver beta tester that also has CoD an has been running it for testing purposes. Seems that there are not many issues with AMD this time, but I think those sould be rooted out AFTER the game engine runs as it should.

Back to testing..

PS! Did a fresh install of Windows 7 last night so everything is up to date and nothing cluttering the HDD etc.

iceblink_luck
04-09-2011, 09:39 AM
The patch installed via Steam – but I really see no difference. The colours are still garish – almost to the point of hurting my eyes! The sound/s are absolutely appalling – certainly not worthy of a £150 soundcard and good speakers. For example – the cannon sounds are not good, even compared to IL2 1946. When you increase the throttle, the engine sound hardly changes – no ‘meaty’ sounds like its predecessor.
I tried to go online, but that proved difficult – and when I did manage it, my plane was ‘flailing around’ on the ground, undercarriage up and doing nothing!
I tried, I really did, as I have spent many hours on the original, both online and off – but as I work full time (and then some), I really have no desire to be a beta tester for a full priced game – I know many good folk on here don’t mind, and have a lot more free time than me – but this is no ‘fun’ and is far from ‘immersive’ – at least for the time being. I guess I am still in a state of shock as to how bad this release is – the patch hasn’t really changed anything for me. I really do fear for the future of developers if this is the accepted state of released games.

And there is still a greyed out box to the left of the screen when on high settings!

Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.6GHz /Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD7 B3 / Corsair Vengence 2x4G 1600/ 2 x 1536MB EVGA GTX 580/Corsair 850W-850AX PSU/ Crucial C300 256GB SSD/2TB 64MB SATA3 6GB/s HDD/ 2TB SAMSUNG HD204UI SATA3 HDD/Asus Zonar Essence STX souncard/Corsair 600T case/Corsair H70/Samsung BR drive/Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

41Sqn_Stormcrow
04-09-2011, 09:51 AM

I have a Nvidia card and after patch I also have more microfreezes than before. They are so fast that they don't get counted by the fps counter of the console but still I have a still image on a really really regular basis over land and particularly with houses around even if it is a small village. Before patch the microfreezes over small villages were almost inexistant.

Kankkis
04-09-2011, 10:13 AM

I have that yesterday too...

Ataros
04-09-2011, 10:14 AM
About 15% fps increase for my slow videocard. Stutters are gone completely even without ramdrive.

Those who have problems, please check a link on PC optimization in my sig.

Insuber
04-09-2011, 10:27 AM
Patch installed smoothly; game runs OK. Fps seemed to increase from 19 average on sea to 22 average (mission "Bomber intercept", 6 bombers and 3 hurricanes). Still a lot of freezes down to 1 fps on my low-end machine, when approaching other planes or buildings. Freezes and low fps on land.
ClOD is not playable on my machine, atm. But the few that I can see is beatiful ... tried the G50, it is gorgeous ... easy handling, maneuverable, stable fire platform ... beautiful cockpit ... I am considering an HW upgrade just to play this sim. Tried to disable aero desktop thing, no effect whatsoever apart from a warning of incompatibility when launching ClOD.

Settings:
1280*800
AA 2x
shadows off
grass off
roads off
models high
buildings very low
terrain low
forest very low
effects high
damages high
terrain shadows low

BUG-1: the sound of the Fiat G.50 guns continue for a couple of seconds after releasing the trigger.
BUG-2: the AI tend to crash into the sea/land by their own, when dogfighting at low alt. All of my AI G.50 mates died this way ... and a couple of enemy planes as well.
BUG-3: under negative g the Merlin never shuts down, it just sputters and turns low revs. No way to turn it off by neg G.

------------------
Windows 7 32 bit
ASUS P5K-E
3,00 GHz E8400 Intel Core2 Duo
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512 MB
2 GB DDR
INTEL SSD 80 GB
Maxtor HDD SATA 7200 rpm 250 GB
SAMSUNG HDD SATA 7200 rpm 1000 GB
SAMSUNG HDD SATA 7200 rpm 500 GB
Iiyama PLE2607WS

Bungmiester
04-09-2011, 10:32 AM
screen res. 1070x 768
building detail: low
land detail: medium
forest: low
visual effects:medium
damage decals: low
buildings amount: medium
land shading: medium
roads, shadows all on
Grass, off
General improvement and smoother performance, but still get freezes especially over london. Tryed the london Bomber intercept mission over London and was very laggy , ventrall gunners firing fowards on the HE 111, will have to stick to dog fights over the coast and Channell for now.
sys spec
Intell 8400 3 ghz
8gig corsair Ram
ASUS P5n-D mother Board
on board sound
nvidia GTX 460 1gb
Windows vista 64bit
all up to date drivers

Kankkis
04-09-2011, 10:39 AM

Not so fine anymore

Kankkis

Tested today, stuttering wan not bad as yesterday video, there is stuttering but not bad as video.

Is it possible try the game without buildings, those is biggest hog to me.

Insuber
04-09-2011, 11:47 AM
Used gamebooster and excluded the game folder from AVG live guard, as suggested by Ataros ... WOW!!!! 29 average fps and much less freezes, same mission and same settings as below ... Thank you Ataro!!!!

Link to Ataros suggestions:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=254014&postcount=13

Patch installed smoothly; game runs OK. Fps seemed to increase from 19 average on sea to 22 average (mission "Bomber intercept", 6 bombers and 3 hurricanes). Still a lot of freezes down to 1 fps on my low-end machine, when approaching other planes or buildings. Freezes and low fps on land.
ClOD is not playable on my machine, atm. But the few that I can see is beatiful ... tried the G50, it is gorgeous ... easy handling, maneuverable, stable fire platform ... beautiful cockpit ... I am considering an HW upgrade just to play this sim. Tried to disable aero desktop thing, no effect whatsoever apart from a warning of incompatibility when launching ClOD.

Settings:
1280*800
AA 2x
shadows off
grass off
roads off
models high
buildings very low
terrain low
forest very low
effects high
damages high
terrain shadows low

BUG-1: the sound of the Fiat G.50 guns continue for a couple of seconds after releasing the trigger.
BUG-2: the AI tend to crash into the sea/land by their own, when dogfighting at low alt. All of my AI G.50 mates died this way ... and a couple of enemy planes as well.
BUG-3: under negative g the Merlin never shuts down, it just sputters and turns low revs. No way to turn it off by neg G.

------------------
Windows 7 32 bit
ASUS P5K-E
3,00 GHz E8400 Intel Core2 Duo
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512 MB
2 GB DDR
INTEL SSD 80 GB
Maxtor HDD SATA 7200 rpm 250 GB
SAMSUNG HDD SATA 7200 rpm 1000 GB
Iiyama PLE2607WS

reflected
04-09-2011, 12:27 PM
The buildings still cause stuttering :(

Saving loadouts don't work either.

Nor does AA.

Erkki
04-09-2011, 12:35 PM
I got about 2x FPS increase and less stuttering with the latest update.. Perfectly playable now, smooth even fighting 20 vs. 20 nap of the earth over a village and airfield with objects and AAA. :)

Phenom II 1055t 6-core
4 gb 1666mhz ddr3
palit gtx 460 sonic 2gb

Thanks Ilya & the team! ;)

edit: settings are 1680 x 1050, no AA, everything high except buildings low trees medium and no roads.

15.Span_Valalo
04-09-2011, 12:57 PM
Fantastic Luthier, great, i disable aero windows7 and this is very great sim :) :) :) :) ... Now waiting for partch to suport SLI and Multicore CPU

Thks for this master sim.

jibo
04-09-2011, 01:02 PM
you hit the nail right on the head with this gtx460 2gb Erkki

there is definitely a random driver related performance problem on some newer cards

Flanker35M
04-09-2011, 01:07 PM
S!

Fully playable with little stutter. I tried buildings Low with Very Low details on them..no joy but horrible stutter down low. Then I left the building detail to Very Low but slapped Unlimited amount o buildings = a LOT less stutter?!

So did the unlimited amount of buildings set them there = less popping up => less stutter? Same applied when upped resolution 1440x900 to 1650x1080. Strange..back to experimenting!

Buzzer
04-09-2011, 01:13 PM
Great patch for my part!

Also disabling Aero (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=20842) and running Gamebooster might also have helped.

I am now playing with shadows, clouds, trees and buildings low, 1680res, grass on, roads on - rest on medium.
Its looking good, and performing very well.

Quick notice: buildings (over London) seems to be loaded at a short distance, so they keep popping up everywhere around you. Once loaded though, they stay there "a long time". Trees are drawn much farther away.
This is on Building Amount=low.
Setting Building Amount=unlimited the popping-up disappears...instead building blocks/squares/areas seems to be loaded in chunks.

Loading times also lowered here.

Kankkis
04-09-2011, 02:15 PM
HELP

how i can update game with cracked version??

i have game without Steam

lol

=XIII=Shea
04-09-2011, 02:23 PM
help

I have game without steam

wtf????

IbanezLaney
04-09-2011, 02:25 PM
HELP

i have game without Steam

Easy - goto this link

http://store.steampowered.com/app/63950/

Click ADD TO CART

Enter your Credit Card or PayPal details and pay for the game.

Then you will get the Patch.

garengarch
04-09-2011, 02:36 PM
try this?

pay now and support devs to make the game you want?

Friendly_flyer
04-09-2011, 02:36 PM
i pay only for games who works

Then do as me: Wait until the deveolpers have ironed out the bugs.

I don't think you can get the patch witout having Steam.

garengarch
04-09-2011, 02:42 PM
I'M stupid?
Come back when you've some hair on your balls, son.

Friendly_flyer
04-09-2011, 02:52 PM
http://i740.photobucket.com/albums/xx50/willesnille/DontFeedTheTrolls.jpg

Daniël
04-09-2011, 03:03 PM
Then do as me: Wait until the deveolpers have ironed out the bugs.

Wise words.

brp51d
04-09-2011, 03:55 PM
I have a powerful system i7975@3.9, gtx580 6gigs ddr3. Patch has increased fps slightly but has improved stuttering significantly. I am playing at 1680x1050. Models landscape effects decals high land shading medium shadows on all other settings low no trees,roads or grass. Clouds on. I am very pleased with post patch performance. I see very wide differences in performance between systems with similar specs. However, I am increasingly confident that the game will be sorted out for all with time. After 10years with il 2 I was anxious to get this sim. I recall that il2 had it's share of teething problems. I think that putting together a program of this depth and complexity is an enormous achievement. With so few titles in this area, much less sims with high quality fm,w etc, I am very pleased that this development team is still committed to providing a first class product.

wedmonds
04-09-2011, 04:03 PM
I have a brand spanking new rig and the game is simply stunning now.
I have everything set to high and only london gives me some slow fps but still playable. Not had major battles at same time though.

The controls are my biggest issue. Sometimes keys work, sometimes they dont. Very random. Surely this has to be high on the list of fixes?

Kankkis
04-09-2011, 04:09 PM
When i fly low level(rooftop) over london about 15min, then london is allmost stutterfree and FPS is great also, minimal detail on buildings and buildings is unlimited(not better with low), resolution 1920*1080.

Really beutiful when it works, so it takes time to load diffrent building textures to memory, those first 15min was a stuttershow, it going better and better more you fly and textures loaded more, after 15-20min its was totally smooth, really minimal stuttering time to time.

Great sim, yesterday i made high g turns from diving, positive and negative, it makes me ill, the feelings of flying is so unbeliable good in this sim.

Thanks to Devs so great game, i'll just love how it feels, great.

If there is cure that first 15min stuttering this sim is blowing my mind.

Great work gyus.

Try it, fly allmost on rooftops about 15min, it goes better and better and finally i got really smooth FPS, of course it's a pain fly first that 15min :(

Kankkis

lensman1945
04-09-2011, 05:35 PM
I have a brand spanking new rig and the game is simply stunning now.
I have everything set to high and only london gives me some slow fps but still playable. Not had major battles at same time though.

The controls are my biggest issue. Sometimes keys work, sometimes they dont. Very random. Surely this has to be high on the list of fixes?

3072MB!...good grief!:eek:

wow that's quite a set up...

now where's my credit card....

lucky79
04-09-2011, 05:41 PM

Sorry I cant agree...

Got GTX280 1GB OC and on medium (some high) settings 1680x1050 over channel avg 50 over land avg 30fps, smooth gameplay

Q9650 @ 3,6GHz | 4GB DDR3 | 2x GTX280 1GB OC | Win7 Ultimate 64-bit

jibo
04-09-2011, 05:43 PM
the random performance bug is clearly also impacting high end Nvidia GTX 5xx cards

GOZR
04-09-2011, 05:49 PM
Wedmonds "GeForce GTX 580 3072MB" is the key.. VRAM is the st Graal.

SLI MUST work in this Sim.. I really hope they will fix it well.. and really optimized it for it.

41Sqn_Stormcrow
04-09-2011, 06:11 PM
I too now think it is the buildings to which my microfreezes are related to mostly. However I have the impression that it is not so much a graphic issue but rather how the buildings are handled in terms of memory management or something related.

Here my observations:

When I fly over land and in the distance I see these greyish areas where a small town is located no problem with stutters. When I approach the town and the first buildings pop up I get these microfreezes. When finally I have had all buildings in this particular town once on my screen I don't have a big issue with microfreezes for this town as long as I stay there. However, when I go on flying to another small town it is as if the buildings were never loaded to the memory once and again I get microfreezes until I had seen all buildings in this town once.

It is as if as soon as I leave one town the algorithm throws all building presentation out of the memory (I don't know which memory, RAM or video card RAM) and so I have to reload them again when over the next town and that this causes the microfreezes on my system. I cannot judge if this is the problem though. It just feels this way.

My system
Vista 64b
i7 920
6 GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 275 1 GB

Silverback
04-09-2011, 06:14 PM
Skymood you will probly have to deleat and reinstall your game. The same kinda thing happened to me. All is mostly OK now. Good luck

reflected
04-09-2011, 06:20 PM
Hmm...

Even if I lower my settings to the minimum these bugs won't go away:

1: buildings cause heavy stutters

2: dust and hitting an enemy plan cause massive fps drop

Skiiwa
04-09-2011, 06:21 PM
You can get Win 7 64 bit for 100 USD through newegg.com. OEM version, but it's pretty much the exact same OS, so vOV.

Win7 pro 64bit oem isn't 100. That's what I require. I've been using oem since the 8088 days.
Im thinking its a driver issue not a OS issue. I just got a brand new gtx 460. Seems tthis issue is mostly nvidia also.
I may bite the bullet at the end of the month and get win7 if I have any money left. Issue still needs to be fixed cause it makes the game unplayable.

louisv
04-09-2011, 06:27 PM
This is terrible for me now.

Before the patch I could play fairly ok, and now my computer reboots itselft when in game.
HELLLLPPPP!!!!

If you want help you need to tell us about your system !

RXMAN
04-09-2011, 07:48 PM
How about background stuff running, I never see/read about that. Any kind of virus checking, malware checks, can slow down the load of a texture as it is checked by the background software. I've seen it happen before on hungry games. Everything possible in the background must be turned off, esp prgs that check what you're doing. Waiting on new system and COfD in the US. Being built with absolutely nothing extra, and even checking in Win7 will be off by default. No way to play it on this system I built for IL-2.

This is probably why you see almost identical systems with wide difference of results

OG84
04-09-2011, 08:03 PM
guys it's not your system, it's the game engine. so just wait for the next patches.

Skoshi Tiger
04-10-2011, 12:06 AM
guys it's not your system, it's the game engine. so just wait for the next patches.

If it was just the game engine then everyone would be experiencing the same problems.

Since the patch many people have experienced improved performance and game play. I expect that when reporting issues to the developers it very important to fully explain the issues, when it occurs and your system set up.

Otherwise it would be impossible for them to identify the problem.

Cheers!

Wolf_Rider
04-10-2011, 02:11 AM
black lines shooting across the water after a crash... both pre and post patch (outside F2 view)

JG14_Jagr
04-10-2011, 04:59 AM
Win7 pro 64bit oem isn't 100. That's what I require. I've been using oem since the 8088 days.
Im thinking its a driver issue not a OS issue. I just got a brand new gtx 460. Seems tthis issue is mostly nvidia also.
I may bite the bullet at the end of the month and get win7 if I have any money left. Issue still needs to be fixed cause it makes the game unplayable.

Yes, its $99 at Newegg for a single license OEM version of Win7 64 bit. I bought it 3 weeks ago from them...

Rickusty
04-10-2011, 05:58 AM
Hmm...

Exactly the same thing...
Dust and the "fog" that appears when hitting an enemy airplane causes massive fps drops...
Even on takeoff, dust almost freezes the game..

eshati
04-10-2011, 06:01 AM
Hmm...

Have you tryed full settings? It might run better. Mine did. But I found in my case, clouds to be heavy stutters.

justme262
04-10-2011, 06:25 AM
big improvement here.. I flew a hurricane low over land and was getting 50- 80 fps! much less stuttering too. is a pleasure to fly now. still get a bit of stutter when i played bomber intercept but over all very happy
well done

senseispcc
04-10-2011, 07:57 AM
I tried everything but still.

Since the patch, the official one, the game forget my key configuration. I must load my configuration everty time I launch the game. :rolleyes: :!:

BG-09
04-10-2011, 09:35 AM

What the hell is this...O! its Maddox games again...

I am crying on the floor...laughing...Oleg...why you are doing this to us...I am going to fly Il-2 Demo, version 2000!

Wolf_Rider
04-10-2011, 10:41 AM
Video/ Control settings are bit hit and miss as to consistency in staying selected, in the way they (randomly don't) stay set from quick mission to quick mission.

gelbevierzehn
04-10-2011, 11:04 AM
Sry for that dumb question...
Can somebody tell me where I can find the info of the current game version.
Just want to see if Steam has done the update to 1.0.13954 on my system.

Many Thanks...

kaisey
04-10-2011, 11:07 AM
bottom right corner of start up screen (Ep warning screen)

Flanker35M
04-10-2011, 11:07 AM
S!

In main menu lower right corner.

gelbevierzehn
04-10-2011, 11:13 AM
Oh shit... I must be completly blind...
Thx guys for the quick help :)

41Sqn_Stormcrow
04-10-2011, 11:17 AM
There is still some shift between tracers and visual plane for ai planes (gunner position at least)

We need a key binding for track recording.

When having to close game because video settings were altered I get a launcher.exe crash message (Vista 64b)

No601_Merlin
04-10-2011, 01:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_BlEXv8jm8

I was previously getting 25FPS with the beta patch and 267 drivers. now average 41FPS similar conditions with Patch 1.0.13954 and 270.51 drivers

1680 x 1050
Mirror: off
Model detail: high
Building detail : very low
Land detail: low
Visual effects: medium
Damage decals: medium
Building amount: low
Land shadow: low
Grass: off / Shadows: on / Roads: off

Skiiwa
04-10-2011, 02:09 PM
Yes, its $99 at Newegg for a single license OEM version of Win7 64 bit. I bought it 3 weeks ago from them...

Crap! I was lookin on amazons site. I willbe getting it then! Thanks man! God I hate having to redo my puter!

EDIT: u purchased the home premium version. I need the profesional version. Its 139:99 ,I can get it for 133 at amazon but it dont have the firs service pack.

Got me excited there :)

Spinnetti
04-10-2011, 04:07 PM

I have a 4850... Quad core i7 4 gig ram - completely unplayable, even at lowest settings.

V3teran
04-10-2011, 07:19 PM
this game is just as bad as it was before the patch performance wise tbh,no real improvement here,even when using 1 gpu,still rubbish!

Blakduk
04-11-2011, 01:26 AM
I have to say the patch has made no noticeable difference on my system. I still get playable framerates running at 1680 x 1050 with
Visual effects: high
Damage decals: high

I still get some stutters in the midst of a furball (6v6) when lots of guns and hits are happening. When i turn any of my settings higher the fps drops sharply, same as before.

BTW- i'm still loving it, same as before ;-)

JG14_Jagr
04-11-2011, 03:17 AM
this game is just as bad as it was before the patch performance wise tbh,no real improvement here,even when using 1 gpu,still rubbish!

What are your settings, what conf.ini changes have you made? Your ststem should run this game pretty well I would think. What FPS are you getting? If you post information, people with similar setups will help you.. complaining won't really fix it :)

JG14_Jagr
04-11-2011, 03:19 AM
I have to say the patch has made no noticeable difference on my system. I still get playable framerates running at 1680 x 1050 with
Visual effects: high
Damage decals: high

I still get some stutters in the midst of a furball (6v6) when lots of guns and hits are happening. When i turn any of my settings higher the fps drops sharply, same as before.

BTW- i'm still loving it, same as before ;-)

Try Shadows OFF and grass and roads ON.. Shadows seems to be a big factor.. Also, try a test mission with some of your "LOW" settings.. from my testing some things on HIGH have almost no real impact.. might as well leave them HIGH and have it look better.

Phazon
04-11-2011, 05:17 AM
Luthier, the issue with HD6xxx series cards might be the same issue I get with my HD4870. The issue is the cards do not clock up to max clock speeds when running Cliffs of Dover, they sit at idle. All ATI/AMD graphics card users should check their clockspeeds while playing Cliffs of Dover, you may find its not clocking up and this is a significant cause of FPS issues.

I get poor performance from this. My workaround involves forcing clockspeeds on the card and overriding the PowerPlay function which controls the clocks dynamically. I am not sure if this is a driver related issue or due to the fact the game runs in a pseudo-fullscreen mode which is not common in 3D games.

Blakduk
04-11-2011, 05:22 AM
Try Shadows OFF and grass and roads ON.. Shadows seems to be a big factor.. Also, try a test mission with some of your "LOW" settings.. from my testing some things on HIGH have almost no real impact.. might as well leave them HIGH and have it look better.
To me it's all about the eye candy you prefer. I love the shadows effects in the cocpkpit and can live without the higher detail on the ground- the slight stuttering i get with my current settings is not too significant for me and i can wait for more optimisation.
I'm less concerned about the graphics at the moment and concentrating more on how to get a merlin to run fast without blowing it up- this CEM is HARD!

Wolf_Rider
04-11-2011, 05:52 AM
@ Blakduk...

How are you turning your Land Shadows to Low?

Kankkis
04-11-2011, 05:58 AM
Luthier, the issue with HD6xxx series cards might be the same issue I get with my HD4870. The issue is the cards do not clock up to max clock speeds when running Cliffs of Dover, they sit at idle. All ATI/AMD graphics card users should check their clockspeeds while playing Cliffs of Dover, you may find its not clocking up and this is a significant cause of FPS issues.

I get poor performance from this. My workaround involves forcing clockspeeds on the card and overriding the PowerPlay function which controls the clocks dynamically. I am not sure if this is a driver related issue or due to the fact the game runs in a pseudo-fullscreen mode which is not common in 3D games.

I got help with MSI afterburner, i overclocked my card and now its working on full speed. if you not want to overclock much you can overclock 1mhz core and mem.

http://www.guru3d.com/article/overclock-radeon-5970-guide/

Hunkster
04-11-2011, 06:32 AM
I have waited since last friday that the patch would show on Steam. I am from the Netherlands and have my region also set on the Netherlands......no patch

On which region is the patch available on steam ?