PDA

View Full Version : Joystick doesn't work

CrazySchmidt
04-08-2011, 11:21 AM
I have just downloaded CoD and can't get the joystick working. Am I missing something obvious or am I a bug victim. The joystick is currently working well with IL2.

Has anyone else found this?

Cheers, CS. :)

b101uk
04-08-2011, 11:34 AM
Check your CoD game controller options so its not saying e.g. “joystick02” and if it is and you only have one joystick then reassign the axis which will replace “joystick02” with just “joystick” on each relivent axis

Chips86
04-08-2011, 11:46 AM
Check your CoD game controller options so its not saying e.g. “joystick02” and if it is and you only have one joystick then reassign the axis which will replace “joystick02” with just “joystick” on each relivent axis

This is correct. Trust me it took me planty of coffee to figure this out early tuesday morning.

CrazySchmidt
04-08-2011, 12:09 PM
Where do I change this setting, in the user interface or in a file such as the ini for example?

Cheers, CS. )

Sauf
04-08-2011, 12:11 PM
Where do I change this setting, in the user interface or in a file such as the ini for example?

Cheers, CS. )

In game, controls/axis. ie, dbl clk the rudder axis and it should show a box for you to map your stick

CrazySchmidt
04-08-2011, 12:26 PM
In game, controls/axis. ie, dbl clk the rudder axis and it should show a box for you to map your stick

Thanks for that mate, you are are right, that got it.

It's interesting though isn't it, even though a user has a joystick installed and operational (particularly with another IL2 product) that the game would assume that the best default choice would be a keyboard control devise?

Hhmmm...

CS :)