PDA

View Full Version : buffet before the stall sound/effect

Jotaele
04-08-2011, 09:54 AM
Can someone notice buffet before the stall sound or effect? In il2 classic, its was very noticeable (like in oter flight sim titles), but in clod, i only hear the metal stretching under high G loads, but noting more but the view shaking. Did 1c changue the stall buffet sound to a vibreting view?If so I dont like this.beacause currently the view vibrate due to a lot of causes like bad engine managemet , engine damaged, turbulences, cannons shots, and is very confusing.
Perhaps the game is inclomplete here. Or perhaps now is more reallistic now.I have read, that there are big planes that doesnt have a noticeable buffet before a stall, that is why modern plane has an audio alarm.

IvanK
04-08-2011, 10:10 AM
There is no sound effect for AOA buffet. It should be there as its realistic and essential for maximum performance flying. IL2 did this very well.

Devs are aware of this omission.

Jotaele
04-08-2011, 10:14 AM
There is no sound effect for AOA buffet. It should be there as its realistic and essential for maximum performance flying. IL2 did this very well.

Devs are aware of this omission.

Oh, thx, it is good to know, im stalling like crazy :rolleyes:

zipper
04-10-2011, 02:39 PM
In 1946 I always go by stick feel (force feedback with only Spring and Shake forces on). The fact that CoD has no FFB or audible stall warning is ... interesting ...

I still haven't cancelled my pre-order ... yet.

TUCKIE_JG52
04-12-2011, 11:45 AM
What I only hear in CoD is the propeller when ther's an increase in AoA. It sounds exactly the same on the Cessna I fly. It is specially noticeable when flying at low rpm and there's turbulence out there.

DC338
04-13-2011, 06:27 AM
Do you feel buffet at near critical AoAl? If their is no force feed back or not everybody has it. How do you let people know they are approaching the limit? Sound is the only way.

You also hear wind noises and you definitely hear things on spin entry.

unreasonable
04-13-2011, 08:19 AM
Wind noise generally seems very muted. If you stop your engine at altitude it is barely audible (given a reasonable level of overall volume). If you push forwards into a dive there is almost no increase in sound as speed builds up.

DC338
04-13-2011, 12:18 PM
Reckon you can't hear wind noise. I disagree. I also think you can't hear the other aircraft either. Funny that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjPJpupIF2c&feature=player_embedded#at=39