PDA

View Full Version : Gypped on Activations and Ignored By Support

Dvad78
04-07-2011, 07:00 PM
I have *politely* emailed support SEVERAL times over the past few days about getting docked an activation for no apparent reason and have been ignored on EVERY ONE.

Is there anyone at 1C who is actually willing to help a customer? I will continue to email support daily until someone finally responds. This is BS.

ckdamascus
04-08-2011, 12:40 PM
I have *politely* emailed support SEVERAL times over the past few days about getting docked an activation for no apparent reason and have been ignored on EVERY ONE.

Is there anyone at 1C who is actually willing to help a customer? I will continue to email support daily until someone finally responds. This is BS.

I was able to get in touch with one guy and was able to shoot quite a few emails back and forth. He mentioned something like "hardware codes can expire 24 hours after it is generated". That is how you can get duplicate codes, which will cause another activation.

He did not really explain how the hardware code was truly generated though. I only wanted to know enough so I can avoid this problem.

I put up some responses and gave him more detail on other incidents where the code seemed to change, even after 24 hours.

Radio silence.

Maybe there is some weird new policy where they are told not to bother with it at all... so they can sell more? :(

I really wouldn't mind paying more money to avoid having to worry about this. All I can say is, make sure you got a good system backup, because if you ever have to re-install your system, curtains for another activation.

Dvad78
04-08-2011, 01:25 PM
Hey, I finally got a response! It doesn't really help me with the activation that went away for no good reason, but at least its something.

Hello,

As I understand, you have 1 activation left and 2 used. Please remember about deactivating while changing the hardware. In case you run out of the activations, they can be added manually after contacting our support.

It is not much, but it is good enough for now I guess. My whole issue was that the game decided to reactivate WITHOUT me changing the hardware so there was NO chance to deactivate first, but hey, at least there is some hope they may add an activation after the fact. Hopefully the game just does not decide to reactivate again ;)

ckdamascus
04-09-2011, 03:46 PM
Hey, I finally got a response! It doesn't really help me with the activation that went away for no good reason, but at least its something.

It is not much, but it is good enough for now I guess. My whole issue was that the game decided to reactivate WITHOUT me changing the hardware so there was NO chance to deactivate first, but hey, at least there is some hope they may add an activation after the fact. Hopefully the game just does not decide to reactivate again ;)

When I emailed them, they gave me a list of hardware codes which I used to "activate". That way I could de-activate whatever rogue hardware code wasa there.

Yeah, it definitely put us in a strange, neutral spot. I really don't like the system anyway, since in a pinch, I might get stuck waiting for them.

I guess I do have enough activation/deactivations to handle that, but I just don't like that sort of "Sword of Damacles" hanging over my head. :)